Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I wouldnt respect him either way. But he does belong in the NHL and not in a tier 2 league. Kid has a terrible attitude and his sense of entitlement is insane. Especially as he was a rookie. Willie was an awful coach but he should have shut up and worked hard instead of crying and running home over ice time. Kid demanded to be on the top pairing lol. How could any of his teammates respect him.

Lol, demanded to be on the top pairing. Right.

He didn't enjoy it here and decided to stay home. Your outlook is extremely childish.

Reactions: timw33

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Lol, demanded to be on the top pairing. Right.

He didn't enjoy it here and decided to stay home. Your outlook is extremely childish.
Why is it childish? I don’t respect him and I’ve outlined my reasons. It’s childish because I don’t share the same opinion as you? And yes, he did demand to be on the top pairing. Fact, not opinion.

Reactions: Nomobo

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I wouldnt respect him either way. But he does belong in the NHL and not in a tier 2 league. Kid has a terrible attitude and his sense of entitlement is insane. Especially as he was a rookie. Willie was an awful coach but he should have shut up and worked hard instead of crying and running home over ice time. Kid demanded to be on the top pairing lol. How could any of his teammates respect him.
Shutting up and working hard when you feel that your coach is a disagreeable idiot trying to fundamentally change the way you play your game sounds a lot closer to cowardly/sheepish behavior than brave/bold behavior, IMO.

I can at least see the argument for calling him self-interested rather than loyal (which in my opinion, he should be and has every right to be), but this coward angle sounds pretty dumb to me, especially if he's eye-balling a return.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Shutting up and working hard when you feel that your coach is a disagreeable idiot trying to fundamentally change the way you play your game sounds a lot closer to cowardly/sheepish behavior than brave/bold behavior, IMO.

I can at least see the argument for calling him self-interested rather than loyal (which in my opinion, he should be and has every right to be), but this coward angle sounds pretty dumb to me, especially if he's eye-balling a return.
It really is a very immature take.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Why is it childish? I don’t respect him and I’ve outlined my reasons. It’s childish because I don’t share the same opinion as you? And yes, he did demand to be on the top pairing. Fact, not opinion.

Please show your facts. If it's a fact it shouldn't be hard to prove.

It's childish because it's extremely narrow minded, binary thinking. The real world is more nuanced, [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: billvanseattle

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

It's childish because it's extremely narrow minded, binary thinking. The real world is more nuanced, [MOD].
Seems like it stems from the whole "A good soldier always keeps his head down, never questions orders, and does his job without complaints" thing, which, if all you're interested in is immediate short term success during must win situations, then I suppose that makes some degree of sense.

Doesn't really hold up when your team is a ****-show, when what you should be interested in is long term success down the road, proper development/well-being, and when respect should refer to a person's actual personal character/sense of right rather than their sense of dedication to a unified short-term cause.

It might have some validity when the stakes are immediate and real and the unified front is of highest priority, but when applied to normal situations, it's just dinosaur thinking that has a closer resemblance to blindly buying into propaganda about pride and loyalty more than anything that's actually admirable or respectable.

On top of all that, we're talking about a game, here, and a tradition that he's new to and has absolutely no reason to have any sense of attachment to. How he presently feels about playing in the NHL doesn't say anything about his character.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

It's childish because it's extremely narrow minded, binary thinking. The real world is more nuanced, as you'll find out when you grow up.
Ouch you are so mean Melvin. I want to be an insurance adjudicator [MOD] I was told that was one of Tryamkins demands from an ex-coach of the Canucks and no it wasn’t Willie. Believe me or don’t as I obviously can’t provide proof. I knew Tryamkin was gone months before it was announced.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Ouch you are so mean Melvin. I want to be an insurance adjudicator just [MOD] I was told that was one of Tryamkins demands from an ex-coach of the Canucks and no it wasn’t Willie. Believe me or don’t as I obviously can’t provide proof. I knew Tryamkin was gone months before it was announced.

Lol. Sad.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I see it simply as.. Tryamkin was overwhelmed.
New country, new culture, language barrier affecting effectiveness of receiving coaching instruction/communication, Pronger tapes, fighting lessons, he wasn't being used as much as he thought he should, disagreed with their assessment of his conditioning level, rejected a conditioning assignment to Utica, (Basically a lot of "I don't like/agree with the coach" stuff, ) got married (a huge life step), wife experiencing the same culture shock.

He assessed that it was in best interests to go home for 3 years with his new family to mature emotionally/physically/professionally, in a more comfortable environment. He'll be much better equipped to handle it when he does arrive... and he'll be driven to come over to be financially rewarded for his lifetime of dedication to the sport of hockey to the tune of a *$20 million contract to set him for life (structure as you wish).

It is admiral that he did put himself/family/happiness first when others would of miserably stayed for the $$. Sucks for the Canucks... but the product we get back will be worth it. Both for Tryamkin ($) and the Canucks (polished asset).

His current team will do everything they can do non-financially to get him to stay... including maybe guilt tripping him, working a loyalty angle, treating as a king, maybe even making him the captain and talking about how important he is to the team. Everything but promising *$20 million.

Don't. Blame. Him. At. All.

*$20 million is the estimated value of his next NHL contract... which I predict will be a $4-5 mil/yr 4 or 5 year pact. (2 more seasons away - so these numbers could be considered low by then)

Last edited:
Reactions: billvanseattle

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
It really is. Claiming you have inside info on a message board to support your prepubescent views. And trying to insult me by making up a profession. See ya.
I’m sure lots of people on here have connections to the organization. Really shouldn’t be that surprising.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It really is. Claiming you have inside info on a message board to support your prepubescent views. And trying to insult me by making up a profession. See ya.
Can't say I saw that coming. At first, I thought I was just arguing with a common misconception that many posters have, but I can't believe that's where he ended up going after all of that.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Can't say I saw that coming. At first, I thought I was just arguing with a common misconception that many posters have, but I can't believe that's where he ended up going after all of that.
You would of thought he woulda opened with that important 'factoid' instead of desperately throwing it out there at the end to help establish it as 'fact'.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Yeah, I'm assuming he went googling looking for something he could twist into it kinda sounding like tryamkin "demanded" to play top pairing but then when he couldn't find anything he just made up some unfalsifiable BS about being told by Doug Jarvis or whatever.

I try to give posters here the benefit of the doubt and am hesitant to putting them on ignore but if you can't even be honest about your arguments you are not worth engaging.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
You would of thought he woulda opened with that important 'factoid' instead of desperately throwing it out there at the end to help establish it as 'fact'.
I assure you I’m not throwing anything out desperately. He said he didn’t believe that Tryamkin was demanding first line minutes and I told him he was and how I know this. I don’t expect anyone to believe me nor do I care. It’s simply one of a number of reasons why I don’t respect the guy. That is all.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm assuming he went googling looking for something he could twist into it kinda sounding like tryamkin "demanded" to play top pairing but then when he couldn't find anything he just made up some unfalsifiable BS about being told by Doug Jarvis or whatever.

I try to give posters here the benefit of the doubt and am hesitant to putting them on ignore but if you can't even be honest about your arguments you are not worth engaging.
Stop being a bully Melvin. It’s mean to call someone a liar.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I assure you I’m not throwing anything out desperately. He said he didn’t believe that Tryamkin was demanding first line minutes and I told him he was and how I know this. I don’t expect anyone to believe me nor do I care. It’s simply one of a number of reasons why I don’t respect the guy. That is all.
Well... it was sort of a textbook amateur message board credibility ploy. Combined with your extreme hyperbolic posts.... you should of been easy to ignore... Shareef is just having fun tearing your take apart... and I assume Melvin is being Melvin... I have him blocked for being a bully to me as well. (You bully Melvin - if you're reading this! [MOD])

You should take a break. Just enjoy the game...

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Well... it was sort of a textbook amateur message board credibility ploy. Combined with your extreme hyperbolic posts.... you should of been easy to ignore... Shareef is just having fun tearing your take apart... and I assume Melvin is being Melvin... I have him blocked for being a bully to me as well. (You bully Melvin - if you're reading this! [MOD])

Just quoting to show that I don't block people out of spite. I don't really mind that you block me. Or flame me in PM. I only block people who post disingenuously.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Well... it was sort of a textbook amateur message board credibility ploy. Combined with your extreme hyperbolic posts.... you should of been easy to ignore... Shareef is just having fun tearing your take apart... and I assume Melvin is being Melvin... I have him blocked for being a bully to me as well. (You bully Melvin - if you're reading this! jj - i have blocked for being a dick)

Lol all good. I wouldn’t believe somebody on here if they said they heard something from a coach either. Enjoy the game as well

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
That would be news to me - not saying i dont trust you on this, just havent seen it anywhere with this certainty. If you could find the link that would be much appriciated.
Yeah this was it I think!

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
The feeling is mutual.

I respect and admire a guy who has a backbone, can recognize that they're in a bad situation lead by questionable decision makers (they were showing him videos trying to get him to play more like Pronger for crying out loud), and is willing to stand up for himself and do something about it.

Similarly, I respect how Bure reacted to the Keenan situation more than how Linden did. Sheepish blind loyalty for loyalty's sake is foolish, and the fact that so many fans eat that **** right up and turn on players for refusing to play ball is a complete joke.

I don't get the issue with showing Tryamkin videos of Pronger playing. I mean Pronger was one of the best big men in the history of the game. No one seemed outraged when it was reported that the Canucks asked Subban to watch video of Ryan Ellis.

Actually, I guess I do get it. People hear "Pronger video" and they think they're having Tryamkin watch Pronger stomp on Kesler's leg on a loop. Because Pronger wasn't any good at actually playing ice hockey and there's no way a young Groot could learn something from him.

megatron

Dec 11, 2016
I always thought that Trymakins biggest beef with the Canucks is that they asked him to do a conditioning stint in the AHL despite having a no AHL clause in his contract.

Reactions: timw33

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Hope he can come back and form our Top Pairing with Hughes.

The Tom & Jerry Pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce