Value of: Nikita Scherbak

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
lol Honka has worse stats than Pouliot at the NHL level. He's only 2 years younger. I get not wanting Pouliot. I'd give him away for a 7th, but Honka is basically a right handed Pouliot.

At this age, two years is a considerable difference.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Rather take that 5th round pick than Pouliot. Bottom pairing LHD with no upside add nothing to us. That's why a player like Honka would intrigue us, he would be guaranteed to get a spot (RHD) and still has upside. I'm not sure if Pouliot checks either box.

you care to tell me where Honka fits?

Weber
Petry
Juulsen

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
you care to tell me where Honka fits?

Weber
Petry
Juulsen

Right now it's just

Petry
Juulsen
Spot left for Honka

Then when Weber comes back Juulsen can be sent to AHL so it becomes

Weber
Petry
Honka

At some point Petry will/should be traded so it becomes

Weber
Honka/Juulsen
Juulsen/Honka

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Right now it's just

Petry
Juulsen
Spot left for Honka

Then when Weber comes back Juulsen can be sent to AHL so it becomes

Weber
Petry
Honka

At some point Petry will/should be traded so it becomes

Weber
Honka/Juulsen
Juulsen/Honka

while i did think about it and im all in to trade petry at the deadline while his value is at his highest, how do you tell juulsen to go back in the AHL if he's playing realy good hockey AND better hockey than Honka? it's a very bad message!

i wouldn't be against the trade i just don't think it's the one that makes the most sense!

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
while i did think about it and im all in to trade petry at the deadline while his value is at his highest, how do you tell juulsen to go back in the AHL if he's playing realy good hockey AND better hockey than Honka? it's a very bad message!

i wouldn't be against the trade i just don't think it's the one that makes the most sense!

Juulsen is playing well against NHL competition but he could still use some time in the AHL to figure out his offensive game we saw potential for when he was in the juniors. He still has the AHL development option, Honka doesn't, I think it's pretty straightforward.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Juulsen is playing well against NHL competition but he could still use some time in the AHL to figure out his offensive game we saw potential for when he was in the juniors. He still has the AHL development option, Honka doesn't, I think it's pretty straightforward.

i get your point im not against it, i wouldn't hate Juulsen back in the AHL but at the same time it's a slap in the face to send him back if he keeps playing like this. obviously having Honka instead of Benn who is a LH on your 3RHD is an upgrade!

but yeah with a second thought when Weber will be back, Juulsen's minutes will be eaten up so it might be a good idea to send him back!

IM IN!

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I would do a Lindell for Sherbak + Benn + cond 2nd

What is dallas thinking
A very quickly said no. Lindell is a borderline top pairing D who is only 24. He would go for way more than that and he is just straight up not available because he is our 2nd best defenceman

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
At this age, two years is a considerable difference.
If someone is actually progressing yes. But honka has stagnated and surpassed by literally all of dallas’s d prospects. As was Poo in Pittsburgh.

The other thing I just realized is that is just a 1 year age gap. Honka just has a December bday. Whilst it is closer to 2 years than 1 given poo is a Jan bday, but a year is a year. people were saying the same thing you were saying about poo at 20-22

Look at poo’s 20/21 yr old and his 21/22 yr old seasons. Very comparable to honka’s last 2 seasons. Honka is now at where poo was at last year.

Will honka put up 20+ points this season in the show like poo? I don’t think he will. For one, pouliot was given every chance to do that on this canucks team, something honka will not get. Even though he had decent stats (22 points in 71 games), he was poo defensively. Definitely not worth the offense he brought. If honka got that chance here, I’m sure he could put up similar respective numbers. Wouldn’t be worth the headache he is off the puck.

Like I said before not trying to talk up our player at all. Just don’t believe this notion HFBoards always has that a guy younger is going to suddenly grow and become more than he is. It rarely happens. Exactly why I said honka is less proven RHD pouliot. Both hold the same value. Honka a year younger, but poo has shown given the chance he can put up the points at the nhl level. Both match the trade value of scherbak

Last edited:

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Miro says hi
There is a very reasonable chance Miro surpasses Lindell by mid season but right now Esa is better. Last game as the anomaly because that might have been Lindell's worst game ever as a star, but he is massively underrated and while Miro is good he is not quite at the level for me to have him over Esa

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He's very likely to get traded, we have a lot of depth on our wings and playing him in our bottom 6 doesn't make much sense. He hasn't been waived because he'd definitely get claimed but with guys coming back from IR we'll have to move someone.

Looking for a young Dman in return (pref LHD) who's in a similar situation as Scherbak (change of scenery to get more play time). Anyone like that available?

Nikita Scherbak at eliteprospects.com
Montreal is pretty bad when it comes to talented players. So if Scherbak cant make the team then he isnt worth much.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't mind Bowey but he is RHD, so not interesting for us. And i have no problem taking Connolly's contract out of your hands but you would need to add a pick, not us.

RHD is exactly what we need right now, we're looking pretty solid for the future there but I think a Scherbak trade won't happen if there's no roster player coming back, the biggest need for which is at RD. Zero interest in bringing another third liner in Connolly.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Montreal is pretty bad when it comes to talented players. So if Scherbak cant make the team then he isnt worth much.

That's quite the take.

You realize it's possible for a team to not have much high-end talent but still be overflowing with middle-6 wingers? Scherbak not getting into the Habs lineup doesn't mean he wouldn't be valuable to another team, even a better team.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That's quite the take.

You realize it's possible for a team to not have much high-end talent but still be overflowing with middle-6 wingers? Scherbak not getting into the Habs lineup doesn't mean he wouldn't be valuable to another team, even a better team.
Maybe i said it harshly. Let me re-phrase that. If he cant make the montreal candians team as a middle or bottom six thenwhat value does he have to the rest of the league. What do you expect in return. I think you would be lucky to get a 4th.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Maybe i said it harshly. Let me re-phrase that. If he cant make the montreal candians team as a middle or bottom six thenwhat value does he have to the rest of the league. What do you expect in return. I think you would be lucky to get a 4th.

The problem of the Montreal Canadiens is not their bottom 6 depth, in fact Montreal's bottom-middle 6 depth is strong. Their problem is their high end talent. Sherback could definetly find a spot on a team with great top end talent but so-so depth, like Chicago or Dallas for example.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
The problem of the Montreal Canadiens is not their bottom 6 depth, in fact Montreal's bottom-middle 6 depth is strong. Their problem is their high end talent. Sherback could definetly find a spot on a team with great top end talent but so-so depth, like Chicago or Dallas for example.

Scherbak just needs to stop trying to play like a depth guy because he's not good at it. If he's ever going to hack it in the NHL, it's in a top 6 role. The good thing is teams these days often roll three scoring lines so he could definitely have a spot somewhere. I just doubt he's going to get that spot in Montreal right now.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Who cares what u need now. Ur not competing for 3 years minimum. Take the best player available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad