Value of: Nikita Scherbak

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He's very likely to get traded, we have a lot of depth on our wings and playing him in our bottom 6 doesn't make much sense. He hasn't been waived because he'd definitely get claimed but with guys coming back from IR we'll have to move someone.

Looking for a young Dman in return (pref LHD) who's in a similar situation as Scherbak (change of scenery to get more play time). Anyone like that available?

Nikita Scherbak at eliteprospects.com

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
He's very likely to get traded, we have a lot of depth on our wings and playing him in our bottom 6 doesn't make much sense. He hasn't been waived because he'd definitely get claimed but with guys coming back from IR we'll have to move someone.

Looking for a young Dman in return (pref LHD) who's in a similar situation as Scherbak (change of scenery to get more play time). Anyone like that available?

Nikita Scherbak at eliteprospects.com
derrick pouliot

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I like Honka but our problem is that we have too many players in the NHL (when our injured players are healthy) and that we're gonna have to send down a player that'll pass throught waivers.

Honka has to go throught waivers so I don't see the point of doing that trade. I'd preder a younger player (2015 draft maybe) that doesn't need waivers.

Just tossing a few names (Roy, Greer, Carlsson, Carrier...I don't know)

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I like Honka but our problem is that we have too many players in the NHL (when our injured players are healthy) and that we're gonna have to send down a player that'll pass throught waivers.

Honka has to go throught waivers so I don't see the point of doing that trade. I'd preder a younger player (2015 draft maybe) that doesn't need waivers.

So let's waive Benn and Ouellet, all problems solved.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope Scherbak does not get liquidated. Habs need to see him play a full NHL season or close to it first. His value is not much at this stage but it's not terrible. He is just unproven and needs maturity.

NHL Stats last year: 6 pts and 4 goals in 26 games

AHL Stats last year: 30 pts and 7 goals in 26 games.

Giving up on Scherbak at this stage is stupid cause the Habs really don't know how good or bad he is. We need a larger NHL sample size.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I hope Scherbak does not get liquidated. Habs need to see him play a full NHL season or close to it first. His value is not much at this stage but it's not terrible. He is just unproven and needs maturity.

NHL Stats last year: 6 pts and 4 goals in 26 games

AHL Stats last year: 30 pts and 7 goals in 26 games.

Giving up on Scherbak at this stage is stupid cause the Habs really don't know how good or bad he is. We need a larger NHL sample size.

I get what you're saying. Sadly, we have players who are performing better right now.

He surely didnt seem like he improved during training camp. Same defensive brain farts,lazy back check and very questionable puck decisions.

I mean, its not like the competition is any easier in regular season play. So doubt he can outplay anyone on the roster right now.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
As a former 1st rounder, he's not worth a 1st round pick anymore for sure.

With de la Rose healthy again, they will be forced to trade one or both of them in the coming days or risk losing them on waivers. Hence, the trade value of Sherbak isn't great - 3rd rounder at best or a similar prospect that doesn't need to go through waivers to be sent down.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Honka is the same age as Scherbak (teams have the same waiver concerns with him). Montreal has bodies on D, but not the same depth. They currently have two healthy RHD. I also don't really see why they'd be afraid to waive one of Alzner/Benn/Ouellett. Don't see much chance of Oullett being claimed and Alzner being claimed would be a blessing for Montreal.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
As a former 1st rounder, he's not worth a 1st round pick anymore for sure.

With de la Rose healthy again, they will be forced to trade one or both of them in the coming days or risk losing them on waivers. Hence, the trade value of Sherbak isn't great - 3rd rounder at best or a similar prospect that doesn't need to go through waivers to be sent down.

Or just waive a worthless player like Alzner instead.

If all you can get for Scherbak is a 3rd, I’d much rather keep him.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Is there a team out there that is ready to give Scherbak a full year at the NHL level? If not, he'll go through waivers and the cost paid to get him will have been for nothing.

Given the parity in the league and time of the year (everyone is aiming for the playoffs in October), I'm not sure there are many teams out there who could afford the gamble.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I get what you're saying. Sadly, we have players who are performing better right now.

He surely didnt seem like he improved during training camp. Same defensive brain farts,lazy back check and very questionable puck decisions.

I mean, its not like the competition is any easier in regular season play. So doubt he can outplay anyone on the roster right now.
Oye, you have a Bergevin way of thinking,....

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Is there a team out there that is ready to give Scherbak a full year at the NHL level? If not, he'll go through waivers and the cost paid to get him will have been for nothing.

Given the parity in the league and time of the year (everyone is aiming for the playoffs in October), I'm not sure there are many teams out there who could afford the gamble.

I think there are quite a fews teams that would do it and it's not that big a gamble based on last year. So the guy's preseason wasn't that great. Big deal. He's got size, speed and talent and that would be appreciated by most teams. Heck, he'd look decent on the Leafs third line and on any line in Arizona.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
[QUOTE="

Giving up on Scherbak at this stage is stupid cause the Habs really don't know how good or bad he is. We need a larger NHL sample size.[/QUOTE]

I cant see how its stupid to study the market for a late boomer prospect. If we didnt wait so long in the past, maybe we could get something for guy like McCarron, Fucale, Lernout.... Nobody would touch them anymore even on waivers.

For me Scherbak has proven absolutly nothing and if we can grab a value like a Kevin Hayes with him, I woudl be all over it.

This organisation took too much theses years and this should be added on Bergevin bad moves.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
[QUOTE="

I cant see how its stupid to study the market for a late boomer prospect. If we didnt wait so long in the past, maybe we could get something for guy like McCarron, Fucale, Lernout.... Nobody would touch them anymore even on waivers.

For me Scherbak has proven absolutly nothing and if we can grab a value like a Kevin Hayes with him, I woudl be all over it.

This organisation took too much theses years and this should be added on Bergevin bad moves.[/QUOTE]

Kevin Hayes? Lol you see what people are offering for him right? His value has dropped well below getting a Kevin Hayes. As a previous Canuck fan suggested I’d be open to a pouliot for scherbak swap or mdz.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...

This organisation took too much theses years and this should be added on Bergevin bad moves.

What exactly should be added on Bergevin's bad moves? The fact that he tried to draft some picks and let them bloom into NHL players rather then trading them? In that case every GM should have a bad move... Hindsight is 20/20 here.

Also good luck getting Kevin Hayes for Scherbak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad