Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Glad to see him back. Lets hope he can continue with the confidence he had at the beginning of the season. Kid needs to bulk up though. He has not been able to play a full season in the last 3 seasons since turning pro!

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Scherbak with 1 assist and 4 shots on goal in his return.

Hopefully he can pick up where he left off before his injury. This team needs an injection of offense.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Scherbak with 1 assist and 4 shots on goal in his return.

Hopefully he can pick up where he left off before his injury. This team needs an injection of offense.

But it needs to come from the center position and not the wings, that's not how the league works, it's tough to create in a league as good as the NHL with the lack of center talent that we have, it might happen in small samples but it will not be sustained, it can't be.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
But it needs to come from the center position and not the wings, that's not how the league works, it's tough to create in a league as good as the NHL with the lack of center talent that we have, it might happen in small samples but it will not be sustained, it can't be.

In general I agree with you. But there are a couple of exceptions. One of them is Patrick Kane. Another is 47 from last year. Shame Pacioretty won't say his name and make his GM look as horrible as he really is.

Although Scherbak is a wild card, he has a very high ceiling. I'm looking forward to watching him and see what level he ends up reaching. He's kind of like Andrei Kostitsyn and Benoit Pouliot. You can see the skill level, you just don't know if he's going to be able to put it all together. I'm hoping he can be AK46 during his best years more consistently.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
In general I agree with you. But there are a couple of exceptions. One of them is Patrick Kane. Another is 47 from last year. Shame Pacioretty won't say his name and make his GM look as horrible as he really is.

Although Scherbak is a wild card, he has a very high ceiling. I'm looking forward to watching him and see what level he ends up reaching. He's kind of like Andrei Kostitsyn and Benoit Pouliot. You can see the skill level, you just don't know if he's going to be able to put it all together. I'm hoping he can be AK46 during his best years more consistently.

The talent is there for sure. I hope he has the drive to bring his A game every night. He could be a special player if so.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The talent is there for sure. I hope he has the drive to bring his A game every night. He could be a special player if so.

From what I was hearing, at least before the injury, the effort levels were there. If he can keep that up, get stronger and just put it all together in general he could be a great player for us.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I like the player and it was horrible to see him get injured just after being called up and hopefully he can remain healthier as he tries to further his pro career. He definitely looks to have some skills that we desperately need.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
From what I was hearing, at least before the injury, the effort levels were there. If he can keep that up, get stronger and just put it all together in general he could be a great player for us.

In fact he got injured by trying too hard on a play. He put everything into it, including extending his body to go for the puck which left him in a vulnerable position. When he fills out, he's going to be a strong beast and will be able to avoid those injuries.

I want to be patient with him and let him develop physically and hockey wise. But I also want to see him in the NHL now.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I want him to spend the full year in the AHL no matter what. We'll need his natural talent on the wings once Galchenhyuk is gone, which appears to be a matter of time at this point.

Reactions: Jethlan

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I want him to spend the full year in the AHL no matter what. We'll need his natural talent on the wings once Galchenhyuk is gone, which appears to be a matter of time at this point.

Every time I've seen Galchenyuk and Scherbak on the ice together I like what I see.

I want to see more of them together, preferably with Galchenyuk at center!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Calling him up would be a big mistake. He still needs a lot of work and the NHL isn't a development league. Hudon is a perfect example why staying in the AHL is a good thing. They've already made the mistake with McCarron, De La Rose and Galchenyuk.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
2 more goals, and 4 shots on goal for Scherbak yesterday. That gives him 3 points in his first 2 games back, and 12 points in 8 AHL games overall this year.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Calling him up would be a big mistake. He still needs a lot of work and the NHL isn't a development league. Hudon is a perfect example why staying in the AHL is a good thing. They've already made the mistake with McCarron, De La Rose and Galchenyuk.

It's a young man's game now. If he's able to dominate the AHL he should be called up. My only concern would be his injury history. May be better to let him develop physically before coming to the NHL. But as far development from a hockey perspective, he didn't look out of place earlier this year. Many players play in the league at 21/22 these days. And the league isn't as physical, so injuries are less of a concern.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
terrible time to trade him when his value is lower, trade him after he gets on one of his hot streaks. Danault can be the 3rd line center when they get 2 centers better then him.

Of course. I didn't mean trade him now. It's just my fantasy Top-6 for the next few years, which doesn't include Pacioretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad