Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak: Scherby-Dooby-Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Scherbak is strong when he generates offense through the defensive and neutral zone. When he gets a chance to breakout with speed, he's dynamic. He is dangerous on the PP as well. The rest of his game needs A LOT of work though. It looks like his positioning is better even if he's still prone to mistakes, and at times it's still way too easy to take the puck away from him. I'd still be patient though. He could be our most dangerous player off the rush, which is important considering that we're going to play a faster brand of hockey.

Reactions: Fixxer

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

Number three.

Number nine is also a beauty.

God I miss Gainey era hockey, that was such a good team. From 06 to 10. Jeez, thats what got me into hockey and now I have to go with small victories like Drouin dipsy doodling around in the perimeter.

Thank God for Marc Denis, but I remember those final two goals, they were nuts, I think Nash outshone him those two same days though for goal of the night (one vs Coyotes and don't remember the other one) :laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Scherbak is strong when he generates offense through the defensive and neutral zone. When he gets a chance to breakout with speed, he's dynamic. He is dangerous on the PP as well. The rest of his game needs A LOT of work though. It looks like his positioning is better even if he's still prone to mistakes, and at times it's still way too easy to take the puck away from him. I'd still be patient though. He could be our most dangerous player off the rush, which is important considering that we're going to play a faster brand of hockey.

I'm just worried these idiots are going to ice the best team possible to compete from game 1, without consideration of the future.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Very concerning that he isn't taking full advantage of the opportunity in front of him...

He's got a wide open door to a top 6 role, and so far doesn't seem to be doing enough vs split squads to warrant even an opening day top 9 spot.

Wake up kid!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like Scherback also, but sometimes it's getting tiring the whole coaching sucks and so on...

Players have a responsibility also! Always blaming coaching is so lame...

I'm not in a rush to blame Scherbak if he's not better than the following wingers:

Drouin - Armia
Tatar - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Hudon
Byron

And if a vet like Deslariers or Joel Ward are better now than Scherbak in a 4th line role, I still keep Scherbak and keep working with him on his game, and at least give him 12 minutes a night on the 4th line. It will pay dividends in the future.

I don't worry about this kid's attitude. I worry about him reaching his potential after we let him go. And we're not winning anything this year. Better to invest in him.

Reactions: sharks9

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario

Number three.

Number nine is also a beauty.

God I miss Gainey era hockey, that was such a good team. From 06 to 10. Jeez, thats what got me into hockey and now I have to go with small victories like Drouin dipsy doodling around in the perimeter.

I shouldn't have watched that this morning. Brings back bad memories of him being benched constantly and Benoit Brunet bashing him every day. And reminds me that there's not one player on the current roster with offensive talent like that... and he wasn't even the most talented Hab back then either. At least they were fun to watch on most nights.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tomorrow is a big game for Scherbak and De la Rose. I'm sure the coaching staff have made them aware of that and that each knows the urgency of the situation.

Reactions: Fixxer

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
I shouldn't have watched that this morning. Brings back bad memories of him being benched constantly and Benoit Brunet bashing him every day. And reminds me that there's not one player on the current roster with offensive talent like that... and he wasn't even the most talented Hab back then either. At least they were fun to watch on most nights.

He would probably be this team's best player today... that says more about this team than about him.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Marc Denis on TSN 690 and Pierre Houde on 91.9 have thrashed Scherbak in the media these last two days. They must have been given the ok to do that be the organization.

Hah ! Youre about to hear from the tinfoil hat brigade but yea the media is all over him.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Very concerning that he isn't taking full advantage of the opportunity in front of him...

He's got a wide open door to a top 6 role, and so far doesn't seem to be doing enough vs split squads to warrant even an opening day top 9 spot.

Wake up kid!

Hes just not very good. Its the same we've been seeing ever since he was drafted.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Marc Denis on TSN 690 and Pierre Houde on 91.9 have thrashed Scherbak in the media these last two days. They must have been given the ok to do that be the organization.

The most likely outcome is he's traded for 50 cents on the dollar, instead of being exposed to waivers.

He, Galchenyuk, etc.. don't fit what Bergevin's little brain sees as winning hockey players.

It's his little brain that gave us prime Subban for aging Weber, Shawful for big center Eller, calling Weber and Morgan Reilly defencemen you never let go of but Markov expendible, Radulov not the player he thinks he is, etc...

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Ik there is already a thread on the main boards about this but...

Something around Caleb Jones work for a trade?

Thought I'd ask the Habs stans that dont venture onto the toxic main boards..

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Who plays on the halfboard of your PP? Because thats what youre acquiring Nikita for.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Who plays on the halfboard of your PP? Because thats what youre acquiring Nikita for.
Mcdavid, although he should be moved to the left side so he can playmake and Klef/Drai/Nuge can one time the puck.

Doesn't Scherbak have a good wrister/slapper?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Yeah, just got back from the Paul Byron thread on the Trade Boards, damn saw him being called garbage or useless a couple times, main boards gets nastier each time I drop by, I guess that's why I go there only a couple times a year now...

But, what would be your incentives for that trade ? I've seen posts that claimed Oilers needed skilled wingers, but, I think you also need skilled Dmen, don't you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad