Waived: Nikita Scherbak - Claimed by LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Probably, but they are maybe not enough convincing ! I would love to see Christian Vermette and Martin Mondou at the place of Audette and Boisvert. I'm sure they would do a better job

... But they are not ex-Habs players... If you see what I mean....

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We have more quality than him in the prospect pipeline and current players able to a better job than him in their respective roles on all 8 winger spots plus Armia coming back.

Maybe we should just stick to D with picks and stockpile them to trade for forwards. TT knows how to spot a d man.
Or maybe, just maybe our development of offensive players is FUBAR.

Reactions: Walrus26

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think we're all hedging on bets. Some of us are convinced Scherbak is not an NHL player, others are suggesting he's a borderline AHL/NHL type, others still think he projects as an NHL regular and the Habs pulled the plug too early and/or did not give him enough of an opportunity.

Let's revisit all of these takes at the end of the season and see if any of us need to eat crow. It's one of this forum's specialties. :D
Crows bewail the dead sheep and then eat them.

Reactions: cphabs

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Not sure if Scherbak is ever going to be a regular NHL player, but what I am sure about is that at some point we need to stop throwing our picks in the trash. If management doesn’t see a future for these guys, move them while they have some value. Is there another team in the nhl with worse asset management than the Habs?

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
no need to, Bergevin is fine with them as they are.

I understand the frustration with Bergevin, as he has made some poor decisions but there have been some good ones as well.

I think it has begun to change but it needs to get a lot better. However, it seems that every move is viewed as automatically bad or that the management team is totally incompetent which I don't think they are. He was a rookie gm but he is not anymore.

I believe he has used a lot of his string and if things don't improve quickly, he will be gone.

I like the moves made in the last two years and like the idea of adding prospects. There will have to be more pain before we get really good. TO did and now they are reaping the rewards.

Unfortunately, it is a catch 22. If the team loses for any period of time the fan base reacts negatively. IMO we need to rebuild (lose a little0 before we are to get good.

Just my opinion

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Not sure if Scherbak is ever going to be a regular NHL player, but what I am sure about is that at some point we need to stop throwing our picks in the trash. If management doesn’t see a future for these guys, move them while they have some value. Is there another team in the nhl with worse asset management than the Habs?
The Oilers maybe.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Even if the kid checked every box he still is Russian, I could see a photoshop done by you that has the Russia factor at the bottom of the checklist. I think you can do something here lol.

s0hDNDi.jpg

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I understand the frustration with Bergevin, as he has made some poor decisions but there have been some good ones as well.

I think it has begun to change but it needs to get a lot better. However, it seems that every move viewed as automatically bad or that the management team is totally incompetent.

I believe he has used a lot of his string and if things don't improve quickly, he will be gone.

I like the moves made in the last two years and like the idea of adding prospects. There will have to be more pain before we get really good. TO did and now they are reaping the rewards.

Unfortunately, it is a catch 22. If the team loses for any period of time the fan base reacts negatively which in my opinion must happen if we are to get good.

Just my opinion
It's not frustration it's reality, If the employee sucks and the boss keep them there well, he's definitely doing a bad job too... and since there's no indication whatsoever that Bergevin doesnt agree with/dislike Timmins and co. job well...

last two years ? more like a few decent moves this summer yeah... unless you count Alzner as a good move. Lets be real here, Habs are at the bottom if not for their best two forwards, both acquired via trade this summer... even the prospect pool got a boost thanks to this summer trades (Suzuki - 2nd)

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

I think it has begun to change but it needs to get a lot better. However, it seems that every move is viewed as automatically bad or that the management team is totally incompetent which I don't think they are. He was a rookie gm but he is not anymore.

Unfortunately, it is a catch 22. If the team loses for any period of time the fan base reacts negatively. IMO we need to rebuild (lose a little0 before we are to get good.

Just my opinion
Ok

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

In DLR's case I can see how they were legitimately hoping he'd go through.

In Scherbak's place I hope they weren't stupid enough to think he wouldn't get claimed. Or maybe I do hope that, because then it would mean they weren't stupid enough to give up on a kid that still has a certain potential in favor of players that have no potential for growth and are easily replaceable on via the waiver wire and the UFA market.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I predicted Sekac wouldnt be in NHL 2 year after the trade...and he wasnt.,..

My prediction on Sherby for LA....his nickname is goona be IR...(injhury reserve)...and he gets waived again...

At least you took a stance.

Let's see if our compadres are willing to do the same.

What will become of Scherbak in LA? And then we'll come back to this thread and see how it all panned out.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

this aint no different when they drafted Chipchura...

Sheb will never live up to the pick....

Reactions: Runner77

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Did you miss the headlines about Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin when they were his age?

For some players it's a bad sign. For these 2, and Galchneyuk, it's a non-issue.
agree, not everyone becomes addicted after trying...

but really, people should drop the substance abuse insinuations, I mean, people would be shocked to learn who does what...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
At least you took a stance.

Let's see if our compadres are willing to do the same.

What will become of Scherbak in LA? And then we'll come back to this thread and see how it all panned out.
I hope he does well.....this i don’t like one bit. I really like Scherbak and believe he wasn’t given a fair shake.

I honestly hope he thrives in LA and shows the habs brass they were big time wrong.

I’ll pin this one on Julien if it all goes south!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Zykov was on the waivers friday .. Marko Dano was on the waivers this week. So just this week Sherback was the 3rd

Zykov was a second rounder. Marko Dano was a first rounder but is 24.

They are generally the exceptions that confirm the rule that teams don't give up on 22 year olds so easily.

Also, consider that Scherbak wouldn't have been waiver-eligible were it not for him missing the cut-off date by a few days. Most others in his draft year are not waiver-eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad