Waived: Nikita Scherbak - Claimed by LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
You can find 4th liners and role players in a number of places. They're often on the wire on account of roster crunches. And every NHL team has someone in the AHL who can be called up to fill that role. They are 4th liners for a reason.

And you can fine NHL/AHL player like Scherbak everywhere to

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Even if the kid checked every box he still is Russian, I could see a photoshop done by you that has the Russia factor at the bottom of the checklist. I think you can do something here lol.

Kovy27 ..lazy at times..trouble....Gainey took him for walks..lol

Makhail Grabovski...off ice issues...trouble..demanded trade

Ak47..lazy at times...in trouble off ice..bad press newspaper

Serg K ...off ice troubles...bad press newspaper

Alex Gall27..off ice ..bad press newspaper..

Sergi Samsonov...trouble ..

Alex Semin ..lazy...quit ..KHL

Alex Perezhogin...quit Montreal... left for KHL

Andrei Markov ..model citizen , great player ..a proud Hab..represented city well..no trouble.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
WAS had Wilson Orpik DSP Beagle
Hawks Had Shaw Bickell Desjardins
LA had King Lewis Clifford
VGK had Bellemare Reaves
PIT had Cullen Kunackl Kunitz Wilson Cole

Maybe if they used good players instead they would have won in less games, idk? Still, except a few on this list (Cullen, Tom Wilson, Bickell and Shaw, Kunitz a long time ago) who can actually play, these names are all shit. Sorry. You really dont need these guys to score/defend. Lehkonen is one of our best defensive forward and he's at least versatile. I take him before anyone on this list, meat and potatoes or not.

You've been conditionned to find these players acceptable because a lot of dinosaurs still coach in the NHL and employ them. A decade maybe and it'll be finally over.

Reactions: Aspirine

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Were any of you guys posting when the Habs lost Ron Hainsey and Francois Beauchemin to waivers?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
lol..looking at LA man there tight to the cap right now.....and few guys(Lewis 2 million) that will be coming back off IR this month.After picking up Sherby they only got 1,7M in free cap space left...moves to be made
Los Angeles Kings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Pretty sure Kings are going to be making some moves maybe getting rid of more guys from their Stanley Cup teams. No way they're making the playoffs in the West this year, so it's about preparing for next year.

UFAs like Hagelin & Thompson might interest playoff contenders. Then 2D under good contracts in Martinez and Muzzin.

If they do move guys they'll need some warm bodies.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Guess what? We live in a cap world! Our team better sure as hell start developing players instead of waiving them. Especially 1st rounders!
1000% agree but it starts with better drafting. You can polish a turd all day but at the end of the day you still have a turd.

Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Were any of you guys posting when the Habs lost Ron Hainsey and Francois Beauchemin to waivers?

Francois Beauchemin i was upset when we lost him....

he's been the best guy we lost on waivers. in recent times..thats saying something

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think we're all hedging on bets. Some of us are convinced Scherbak is not an NHL player, others are suggesting he's a borderline AHL/NHL type, others still think he projects as an NHL regular and the Habs pulled the plug too early and/or did not give him enough of an opportunity.

Let's revisit all of these takes at the end of the season and see if any of us need to eat crow. It's one of this forum's specialties. :D

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
And yet he was claimed by the first team that could.

Yep LA had no depth and they just lost Kovalchuck. I understand the move of LA taking a chance on Scherbak like I would probably take a chance on Martin Frk if he was on the waivers. But I don't think Scherbak is an NHL player and I'm glad he's gone ! If he became a NHL Player with LA good for him and I will make my meaculpa but know ? I don't have any trust on him since he was in the WHL so..

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
No, you dont need players with no hands who play anti-hockey just to fill time. Instead you could develop players that have way more potential. Sherbak is 22 years old and had serious injuries that delayed his progression. Do you think it's his fault he got hurt?

It would be real nice to have a player who could score into an empty net from 5 feet way. Is that asking too much? :damnpc:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think we're all hedging on bets. Some of us are convinced Scherbak is not an NHL player, others are suggesting he's a borderline AHL/NHL type, others still think he projects as an NHL regular and the Habs pulled the plug too early and/or did not give him enough of an opportunity.

Let's revisit all of these takes at the end of the season and see if any of us need to eat crow. It's one of this forum's specialties. :D

I predicted Sekac wouldnt be in NHL 2 year after the trade...and he wasnt.,..

My prediction on Sherby for LA....his nickname is goona be IR...(injhury reserve)...and he gets waived again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad