Nikita Kucherov sets NHL record for most empty-net points in a season

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I like how this thread was obviously made in an attempt to discredit him but everyone finds it impressive.
They are all three amazing players. One just is producing stats at his position ever. Which is even more amazing since scoring was higher when Jagr set the record for the most points by a rw in a season. I would love to see someone break Gretzky's record for the most points by a center or goals in a season by a player. All three are pure studs. Two of them have cups but they play for teams that are better.

Remove all assists

Matthews >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:sarcasm:

Joke no one come after me please.
Matthew's the guy with zero cups and one playoff series win . Is he getting close to most goals in a season by a center? He is good elite too, but doesn't produce at Mckinnon,McDavid, or kucherov levels overall. Reminds of Stamkos ability to score before he was seriously Injured and was scoring 60 goals a season. I think Gretzky hit like 90 goals oAnd 160 something points. Kucherov is putting himself in the conversation for the greatest right wing of all time . It will be Interesting to see if any nhl players ever pass Gretzky's records.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
There's a reason Kucherov gets empty net points. When the puck is on his stick he makes great decisions in his own zone. Even last night despite the long shift he stripped the player of the puck and made a great play to chip the puck off the boards to Stamkos for the ENG. He also got a couple players the puck before that who weren't able to finish on the EN.
Coop has said himself that Kuch is great at helping get the puck out from their own zone.
I watch him stand on the Bruins blue line while everyone else was in his end trying to defend a lead.

right off the bench went right to the blue line, good luck teammates get me the puck if it works out lol

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I watch him stand on the Bruins blue line while everyone else was in his end trying to defend a lead.

right off the bench went right to the blue line, good luck teammates get me the puck if it works out lol
CAnt wait to put down a team that loves a facelicker again. Bruins hockey is face licking good . Too bad Ryan Callahan didn't upper cut that clown and rip his tongue to save the rest of the league from some sloppy licks and kisses.
1712358315972.png

1712358425786.png

Last edited:

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
Not too shabby a record. However, I do have the feeling that it's not a record that anyone has ever seriously tried to set. I reckon if elite players in good teams had tried to be involved in EN goals over the years (and had the license from the coaching staff to do so) as much as possible the record would be clearly larger. I think the big EN stats in past were something that just happened organically. I hesitate to think anyone would be gunning for the EN record any more than, say, most points in the 2nd period.

That's not to say it isn't a very nice record to have, kudos to Kucherov.

Who has the all-time cumulative EN points record?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
@The Macho King I am shocked seeing how bad the WEst is top to bottom this year and suprised McKinnon and Mcdavid don't have a larger gap on kucherov. Imagine Kucerov being able to feed on the sharks more times in a season MTL and COL are bad but they are nearly as bad as the ducks , hawks, and sharks.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Empty net points are arguably more important that even strength points since they're scored in the clutch with the game on the line. Kuch is having a monster season, definitely deserves the Art Ross this year.
That's ridiculous. :laugh::laugh:

There have been over 7000 goals scored this season, and about 100 have been scored with the goalie pulled.

The chance of a team scoring to tie it up isn't that significant. Both ES and PP scoring are more important by a landslide.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Honestly, I think that began to change when Cooper started using Kucherov in those situations. For years, we were terrible at closing games with an ENG.
Kucherov didn't play at all in 20/21 and Tampa was 6th best in the league with 80% GF scored with empty net. This year they are 13th at 76%.

In the playoffs that year they were last out of playoff teams with 60% GF 3-2, and Kucherov had the most ice time on the team during empty nets.

Maybe you want to believe it, but I'm not sure its true.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
That's ridiculous. :laugh::laugh:

There have been over 7000 goals scored this season, and about 100 have been scored with the goalie pulled.

The chance of a team scoring to tie it up isn't that significant. Both ES and PP scoring are more important by a landslide.
Right time, right place! That’s the hallmark of a good player

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
I'm going to resurface this thread anytime someone tries to poo poo an empty net goal in the future, which will absolutely happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad