Nikita Gusev is already getting scratched..

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Some elite passes

The Coleman assist was nice, but what the hell are you talking about with the other passes? Elite? lol. That pass to Zajac got dinged midair, it was a helluva play by Zajac to get that (but let me guess he meant to do that), and the Severson setup wasn't anything fancy.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think this stretch where he has 5 points in the last 6 games kinda shows he has weathered the storm so to say. He was really struggling at the start of the season, could have given up and gone back to the K like Shipachyov but he stuck with it and it only took 20 games for him to adjust to the level.

All his assists today were primary and all those came with him/Devils transitioning the puck from the defensive zone.

The Coleman assist was nice, but what the hell are you talking about with the other passes? Elite? lol. That pass to Zajac got dinged midair, it was a helluva play by Zajac to get that (but let me guess he meant to do that), and the Severson setup wasn't anything fancy.

Ooof, Debbie Downer strikes again.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Well, didn't his pass to Severson make it 2 vs 1? It's always a good pass, when you set your teammates on 2vs1.

As to Zajac goal, yeah, the puck was jumping, but it was jumping so slow, that it wasn't that hard to hit it. Of course, you needed some skill to hit it properly, and Zajac had it.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I think this stretch where he has 5 points in the last 6 games kinda shows he has weathered the storm so to say. He was really struggling at the start of the season, could have given up and gone back to the K like Shipachyov but he stuck with it and it only took 20 games for him to adjust to the level.

All his assists today were primary and all those came with him/Devils transitioning the puck from the defensive zone.

Ooof, Debbie Downer strikes again.

More like Reese Reason. I'm surprised you're not the one calling all of his assists elite passes today. You're usually the one getting caught up in hyperbole and overevaluating players like likening Nichushkin to Malkin or Tkachyov to Panarin. Like I said, the first pass on that Coleman goal was really nice. The other two were either lucky/bad (Zajac) and so what (Severson). Nothing wrong with me saying they weren't elite like that poster prescribed.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
As I said earlier on this page, he's been miles better lately. It's finally showing on the scoreboard as well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
More like Reese Reason. I'm surprised you're not the one calling all of his assists elite passes today. You're usually the one getting caught up in hyperbole and overevaluating players like likening Nichushkin to Malkin or Tkachyov to Panarin.

:facepalm:

Just because you create your own hyperbole about someone "overvaluating players" (it's overvaluing but English is hard, I get it) doesn't make you Reese Reason. I have never ever likened Nichushkin to Malkin and this is what I wrote about Tkachyov in 2016:

I was actually thinking the other day how much Tkachyov reminds me of Panarin from Vityaz days. Obviously Panarin improved his two-way game and play along the boards tremendously since so Tkachyov has a great example to follow. Growing some muscle is a must though otherwise he will be another Mozyakin, offensive wizard but not worthy of a risk to sign him to a solid NHL deal.

Which, even with you having 3 years of hindsight now, I can't see how any of this was wrong. That's exactly what happened, Tkachyov is now SKA's top scorer who will probably never get to go to the NHL. So nice strawman you got there.

So if you feel it's your duty to go around telling people how their loosely applied comparisons aren't accurate enough or how they should have written "very good passing" instead of "elite passing", if you feel it makes a massive difference, go ahead. But going around correcting people about insignificant minor details, like their choice of words, which is basically all you do, isn't even close to "reason".

If I'd have to wager it's the way to make yourself feel better about being "more right" than the other person. Just like writing the other poster is "scared" just because he didn't quote in the reply.

I also understand Gusev doing reasonably well would be another dent to your "KHL is so terrible now" narrative, Mikheyev has to be killing you altogether I'd imagine, so naturally you are going to bark at people for as much as using the word "elite" in his thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Three assists tonight. Some of yous gonna eat your words.

Unless Gusev learned how to play away from the puck, no one in this thread is going to eat their words.

The whole debate with Gusev is whether his offensive ability can outweigh how bad he outside of his offense. Him putting up a 40 point pace probably doesn't outweigh his terrible defense. If he's a 50 point guy, it's debatable.

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Unless Gusev learned how to play away from the puck, no one in this thread is going to eat their words.

The whole debate with Gusev is whether his offensive ability can outweigh how bad he outside of his offense. Him putting up a 40 point pace probably doesn't outweigh his terrible defense. If he's a 50 point guy, it's debatable.

Well it has since he sat down with Elias.... so yeah...someone’s gonna eat there words...

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

He's 50 point player with your 3-4 lines grinders. I mean, Coleman and Zajac are good players, but they aren't top6 ones.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The shit some posters say about the NHL brass like they're some super advanced AI is mind blowing. The NHL is filled with ineptitude. This is no surprise.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
The way Gusev has been playing he should be bumped into 1st/2nd line minutes & see how he handles. I personally think you throw him with Nico & Palmieri & see what happens. Regardless I want to see him with Nico who can cover for Gusevs D liability. I think Gusev can explode given the right linemates.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
:facepalm:

Just because you create your own hyperbole about someone "overvaluating players" (it's overvaluing but English is hard, I get it) doesn't make you Reese Reason. I have never ever likened Nichushkin to Malkin and this is what I wrote about Tkachyov in 2016:

Which, even with you having 3 years of hindsight now, I can't see how any of this was wrong. That's exactly what happened, Tkachyov is now SKA's top scorer who will probably never get to go to the NHL. So nice strawman you got there.

So if you feel it's your duty to go around telling people how their loosely applied comparisons aren't accurate enough or how they should have written "very good passing" instead of "elite passing", if you feel it makes a massive difference, go ahead. But going around correcting people about insignificant minor details, like their choice of words, which is basically all you do, isn't even close to "reason".

If I'd have to wager it's the way to make yourself feel better about being "more right" than the other person. Just like writing the other poster is "scared" just because he didn't quote in the reply.

I also understand Gusev doing reasonably well would be another dent to your "KHL is so terrible now" narrative, Mikheyev has to be killing you altogether I'd imagine, so naturally you are going to bark at people for as much as using the word "elite" in his thread.

You compared Malkin to Nichushkin, but deleted it. Nice try. Pretty funny though.

And no... Gusev on pace for a 42 point season, while playing subpar defense (though I'll admit he's putting in an effort now which is great) actually strengthens my case that the KHL has fallen. Especially considering how dominant Gusev was in that league that he's coming into the NHL as a 3rd liner.

And again no... Mikheyev unlike Gusev plays a North American game. I've never once discredited him or thought he couldn't be a player in the league. He is a solid top 9 player, and I have liked his overall game more than Gusev's. He's carved out a nice role in Toronto. Just because the KHL has degraded in the past few seasons, doesn't mean there aren't good players in it. And I have never said Gusev can't be an NHL player, I just don't believe he'll be a star.

And ya English is hard, but maybe next time when you try and correct someone like you're some english major, actually pull your head out of your butt and make sure you're right instead of telling someone it's the wrong word or only a word you've heard of lol. I hate doing this but...

Definition of OVEREVALUATE

That's gotta be embarrassing. It's cool though bud, you can delete your blunder again. :laugh:

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Gusev makes things happen every time he touches the puck but he was a defensive liability in the beginning of the season, now not so much. Hynes had a talk with him and now he probably should be getting 20 minutes a night on the top line.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Cant ever please some people

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You compared Malkin to Nichushkin, but deleted it. Nice try. Pretty funny though.

I have never compared those two and have never deleted any of the posts I have written here on these boards, ever. So yeah... Actually there is a decent chance you can find me disagreeing with that comparison on these boards but I'm definitely not going to dig 6-year-old posts for no reason. I've been a member of these boards for 7,5 years and you definitely can find me being wrong about something, it's natural on the boards where people come to predict, post their assumptions, speculate. But trust me, I definitely didn't delete anything just to prove you wrong, you are not that special.

Oh, and regarding the use of the dictionary, I appreciate the link. English isn't my mother tongue and the grammar app I'm using told me it doesn't know the word "overvaluate" and suggested I use overvalue instead. Which I guess is something I should take with them.

Again, you assume this crap you write is very scary or hurtful or whatever but it really isn't. There is not much "blunder" about it. Saying I have done things I haven't and accusing me of doing it is another story though.

P.S. Flamming me in PMs really adds one more dimension to your activities on these boards. That's just sad.

Edit: I have actually bothered to find these posts that are very much still there:

I mean obviously Nichushkin is going to be a good player but to call him "Malkin's caliber" is more than a long shot.

But regarding my posts above they're my reflection of all this Nichushkin hype which is getting pretty ridiculous.

I think that's a pretty good indication I really wasn't someone very keen on that Malkin - Nichushkin comparison, isn't it? But sure, keep building your strawmen, well done.

What is kinda funny is that you tried to discredit me by using Tkachyov and Nichushkin as examples and reading back my actual posts and not your drivel, I was pretty much spot on in both cases.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

And no... Gusev on pace for a 42 point season, while playing subpar defense (though I'll admit he's putting in an effort now which is great) actually strengthens my case that the KHL has fallen. Especially considering how dominant Gusev was in that league that he's coming into the NHL as a 3rd liner.

And again no... Mikheyev unlike Gusev plays a North American game. I've never once discredited him or thought he couldn't be a player in the league. He is a solid top 9 player, and I have liked his overall game more than Gusev's. He's carved out a nice role in Toronto. Just because the KHL has degraded in the past few seasons, doesn't mean there aren't good players in it. And I have never said Gusev can't be an NHL player, I just don't believe he'll be a star.

And ya English is hard, but maybe next time when you try and correct someone like you're some english major, actually pull your head out of your butt and make sure you're right instead of telling someone it's the wrong word or only a word you've heard of lol. I hate doing this but...

Definition of OVEREVALUATE

That's gotta be embarrassing. It's cool though bud, you can delete your blunder again. :laugh:

Gusev plays on the team, where nobody speaks Russian (and he doesn't speak English), with linemates, who are good for bottom6 roles and on RW position, where he hasn't played for more than 15 years. Still, he's 2+5 in 12 games since he got back on the roster, and 1+5 in 8 games since he's being playing with Coleman and Zajac. In those 8 games Coleman has scored 6+4 (was 4 points in 16 previous games) and Zajac has scored 2+3 (the same 4 points in 16 previous games).

Reactions: Acallabeth

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
Gusev is a tremnedous playmaker and if the Devils are wise they will give him more icetime. He will adapt to the NHL game and i think he is willing to learn.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I have never compared those two and have never deleted any of the posts I have written here on these boards, ever. So yeah... Actually there is a decent chance you can find me disagreeing with that comparison on these boards but I'm definitely not going to dig 6-year-old posts for no reason. I've been a member of these boards for 7,5 years and you definitely can find me being wrong about something, it's natural on the boards where people come to predict, post their assumptions, speculate. But trust me, I definitely didn't delete anything just to prove you wrong, you are not that special.

Oh, and regarding the use of the dictionary, I appreciate the link. English isn't my mother tongue and the grammar app I'm using told me it doesn't know the word "overvaluate" and suggested I use overvalue instead. Which I guess is something I should take with them.

Again, you assume this crap you write is very scary or hurtful or whatever but it really isn't. There is not much "blunder" about it. Saying I have done things I haven't and accusing me of doing it is another story though.

P.S. Flamming me in PMs really adds one more dimension to your activities on these boards. That's just sad.

Edit: I have actually bothered to find these posts that are very much still there:

I think that's a pretty good indication I really wasn't someone very keen on that Malkin - Nichushkin comparison, isn't it? But sure, keep building your strawmen, well done.

What is kinda funny is that you tried to discredit me by using Tkachyov and Nichushkin as examples and reading back my actual posts and not your drivel, I was pretty much spot on in both cases.

You deleted your other post on Nuke. It's still showing up on google search. :laugh:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You deleted your other post on Nuke. It's still showing up on google search. :laugh:
What? Can you link it, post a screenshot of it, whatever? Because at this point you are either lost or go to some amazing lengths to bluff.

Also have you considered the possibility what you see on google is me quoting someone I'm replying to? In which case that post is definitely still here. Dig deeper. If it shows up on google it shouldn't cause any problems for you to provide the evidence you are right.

By the way, since you are here and still desperately looking for some imaginary evidence, can you explain how the other issue you pointed out, me talking about Tkachyov, was in any way wrong? How was I "overvaluating" him? Also, I just quoted 2 of my existing posts about Nichushkin so you are going to pretend those two doesn't exist while you are on some wild goose chase of "zE dELeTed POsT"?

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

rc2sl8m.png

rc2sl8m

Maybe this is what "shows up on google"? Because this seems to be the only conversation involving Malkin and Nichushkin I have been in. And you can see me arguing quite adamantly against it. So it's hilarious you imagine there is some elusive "deleted post" where I "overvaluate the player" and argue the complete opposite.

And obviously Atas is out to lunch on this one, as he often is, and we have clashed a million times in these boards but I respect him. You, meanwhile, are just a sad person.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gusev plays on the team, where nobody speaks Russian (and he doesn't speak English), with linemates, who are good for bottom6 roles and on RW position, where he hasn't played for more than 15 years. Still, he's 2+5 in 12 games since he got back on the roster, and 1+5 in 8 games since he's being playing with Coleman and Zajac. In those 8 games Coleman has scored 6+4 (was 4 points in 16 previous games) and Zajac has scored 2+3 (the same 4 points in 16 previous games).
He started the season playing with "top 6" players, it was a disaster. He's looked by far his best with Zajac and Coleman, and appears to be learning a lot about positioning and puck management at the NHL level from two guys who may be bottom 6, but are highly effective players. No one eats minutes better than Zajac.

Gusev is also providing a much needed creative flair and skill level to that line.

Reactions: CaptTeneile

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4