Confirmed with Link: Nik Kronwall Retiring

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Sad that he had all the knee problems throughout his career, but still a great player.

Now stitch the damn "C" on all the Larkin jerseys so I can retire my Datsyuk one.

Reactions: Konnan511

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Man, always enjoyed watching Kronwall play. Hoping Hronek can become our first homegrown defenseman to hit .5 ppg for us since Kronwall. Always enjoyed the offensive plays, the hits, and the skating of Kronner. He was fun to watch, and was underrated in my opinion.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Man, always enjoyed watching Kronwall play. Hoping Hronek can become our first homegrown defenseman to hit .5 ppg for us since Kronwall. Always enjoyed the offensive plays, the hits, and the skating of Kronner. He was fun to watch, and was underrated in my opinion.

He couldn't walk the point, deliver the bomb or play defense like Lidstrom, but I think he was as good or better at jumping into rush.
And obviously, his hitting was something else entirely.

I always thought is brother was good enough for the NHL. Weird he didn't get a better look.

Christien

May 1, 2010
What a great career. I'm happy to see him stick around in his new role. Congrats Nik!

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
This ones tough for me, even with Lidstrom on the team when I was younger, I modeled my game after Kronwall.

Even with the injuries pilling up, last season he still left it all on the ice. When he started Kronwalling again, I had a feeling last year was gonna be his last. As much as you wanna see one of your favorites play again, I wish him the best with his health and glad to see that he’s gonna remain in the organization.

Triple Gold Club member

Reactions: ealong59

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Points/60 from 07-08 to 9-10
Kronwall 1.15
Lidstrom 1.10
Rafalski .99

That's despite a really awful 9-10.

Kronner was injured a bit and played way fewer PP minutes.
But his production was solid.

Kronner's best season was probably 08.
.43 goals/60.
1.54 points/60
Those are immense numbers.

Points/60 would rank between Burns and Letang last year.
Goals/60 ties Hedman - who was 8th last year.

Keep in mind, goal scoring is up from 2.61 goals/game to 2.81 goals/game between 07-08 and 18-19.
So that's .20 goals/game. And add an extra .18, because PP scoring was higher then. So .38 goals give or take, at 5 on 5.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Loved the little head fakes, and ways he would creep up from the blue line to the slot and make plays.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
he was a first pairing D in his prime, brought lots of excitement in terms of scoring and physical play. Thanks for everything Kronner.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Think he's talking about the post referencing Helm being the only guy left from the '08 Cup team.

He only played two games that year, though. Neither in the playoffs.

Yeah, I realized after I posted that. I guess it just says something about what we know his reputation is here now.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
One of my favorite wings of the past twenty years. It's going to be weird not seeing him out there, even weirder when someone eventually takes his number.

When he stepped up after Lids retired and changed his game a bit to stay a bit healthier, take fewer penalties, and just be on the ice more, that really made me look at him in a bit of a different light, too. Have to wonder how much of his game was predicated on delivering what the team needed out of him playing behind Lids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad