Confirmed with Link: Nik Kronwall Retiring

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'm happy he went out on a decently high note. Last season was really much better hockey from him than I had expected given the direction his career has been trending and his physical status. Even brought out some Kronwallings.

That said this is 100% the right decision from him and from the team (assuming Yzerman did not make any kind of offer of a contract). We have lots of young guys coming.
Glad he's staying in the organization, he's a smart guy.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm happy he went out on a decently high note. Last season was really much better hockey from him than I had expected given the direction his career has been trending and his physical status. Even brought out some Kronwallings.

That said this is 100% the right decision from him and from the team (assuming Yzerman did not make any kind of offer of a contract). We have lots of young guys coming.
Glad he's staying in the organization, he's a smart guy.

Yeah he had a good year and definitely added to hishighlight reel on the way out. His hit on Lee was one of the biggest/best hits of his career and he remained relatively healthy. He had a few other pretty big hits sprinkled in there as well. I liked when he yardsaled Balcers

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I’ve nagged and criticized him a lot over the last few years and I was ready for him to retire until now that he actually is

I’m not fine damnit:(

Relax and kick back, Kronner. You deserve it. Glad you’re sticking around :thumbu:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'll really miss him. He was most known for his timely, devastating hits, but what I will remember is he was a really good skater and could deliver solid passes. He was a really solid all-round defenseman in his prime. He can be proud of his career, he was a really good player.

When it came to keeping the offensive pressure, he was a damn artist. Offensive defensemen pinch to score. Kronwall pinched to spread his territory of fear, even though he could occassionally pinch when the team had the puck as well.

He was a master at keeping secondary, offensive pressure, by roaming the breakout if the team lost the puck. I would like to compare him to Stevens, but Stevens had so many dirty hits. Kronwall had almost none, he always tried to make it clean.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad