Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers earns 2-year contract extension, one-way deal

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I really like what Deslauriers has brought to the table...but as is often the case with the Habs.

They take these role players who overachieve and give them too big a role and then they eventually flame out.

As long as Deslauriers role is clearly defined as a 4th line/energy type of player, it's fine a solid signing.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Meh... Nothing against the deal (or D-LO) per say, but this team really need to stop building from the 4th line/bottom pairing upward.

Because whoever is or isn't playing on the 4th line/bottom pair is f***ing irrelevant until they have the top6F and the top4D figured out.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm glad Bergevin got this done before the deadline. This deal makes sense and I'm happy to have this guy with us for 2 more years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Meh... Nothing against the deal (or D-LO) per say, but this team really need to stop building from the 4th line/bottom pairing upward.

Because whoever is or isn't playing on the 4th line/bottom pair is ****ing irrelevant until they have the top6F and the top4D figured out.

I'm OK with the team signing 4th liners -- better than Bergevin handling larger deals. I'm sure most of us would rather see player procurement in respect of more important assets, handled by a new GM.

Reactions: groovejuice

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I like it. Was wrong about the kid. Saw nothing special originally. That's the kind of contract you want your fourth line energy guys to have.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Why is Bergevin making any signings regardless of how small?
Does this mean Bergevin is coming back?? f*** me

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Does this mean Bergevin is coming back?? **** me
It just means that Marc Bergevin is the GM of this team until further notice.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Of course he's making signings. Why wouldn't he be?

You can love or hate him but can't blame him for doing his job while employed. If Molson wants to fire him - fire him. Until he does - he should have full power.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Why shouldn't he sign players or make trades? Until he's fired, he's the GM. If he is told not to do anything, then might as well get rid of him right now. Even Gauthier had the right to sign and trade players until he was canned.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Perfect 4th liner. He can hit fight and chip in at time.. Ptit gars de chez nous on top of that.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
How can you not like this guys attitude with quotes like this when he was recalled by the Habs.

"It's a dream, for sure. Not just for me, but for my family and all my friends who aren't playing professional hockey anymore," relayed Deslauriers, who played defense before turning pro - and made a return to the blue line in a recent Rocket game. "If I get my shot with the Canadiens, it's going to be hard to take that jersey off. I'm going to do everything I can to keep it on."

Reactions: Runner77

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It just means that Marc Bergevin is the GM of this team until further notice.

Yes, hopefully Molson will veto any big deals that really suck, like all of Bergevin's previous deals, but he still is able to do these small deals ... until he is fired.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm OK with the team signing 4th liners -- better than Bergevin handling larger deals. I'm sure most of us would rather see player procurement in respect of more important assets, handled by a new GM.

I operate under the premise that we are not getting a new GM. We are waaaaaaaaaay past any reasonable thresholds to fire that clown. He will be the GM next season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Because whoever is or isn't playing on the 4th line/bottom pair is ****ing irrelevant until they have the top6F and the top4D figured out.

True the Habs have bigger fish to fry. But they need to sign 4th liners either way. Might as well sign the guy that's here right now.

If D'Lo is ready for an extension, you tell him to wait until the Top-6 is fixed first? He's good at what he does and it was probably an easy negotiation.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad