Nicklas Jensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I'm ok with it, but honestly I would've left him in the AHL, he was just starting to develop so well and getting the confidence he needed. Excited to see him play tomorrow.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don't expect that he will spark the team or anything, but this is a logical reward for his strong play in the AHL of late. Exactly nobody currently in the AHL would tell you they'd rather stay there and tear it up rather than get rewarded with a shot in the big league.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I hope they go all in here and play him with Hank. Thatd give us a real look at how Jensen thinks the game at this level.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Henrik's pointless in 11.

Play him with Matthias. Play the guys who give a **** together.

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Henrik's pointless in 11.

Play him with Matthias. Play the guys who give a **** together.

Henk is still making some good plays. He needs a linemate who can finish.

I think you definitely need to play him with Henrik. I would go

Burrows-Schroeder-Kesler
Higgins-Sedin-Jensen
Archibald-Matthias-Hansen

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Henk is still making some good plays. He needs a linemate who can finish.

I think you definitely need to play him with Henrik. I would go

Burrows-Schroeder-Kesler
Higgins-Sedin-Jensen
Archibald-Matthias-Hansen

Haha this is so ugly.

Go canucks go!

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Torts is gonna like bench this kid playing 4th line mins and destory what ever offensive confidence he refound lately. leave him in Ultica instead of bring him into this **** show of an environment please.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I can see both sides of the argument with regards to Jensen. However, with Kassian's suspension, the team needs warm bodies so I think it will be fine for Jensen's development to throw him a carrot with the re-call. Maybe he'll be able to pot his first goal!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Praise Jensen! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Who cares what Gillis says, anyone who believes that guy is out to lunch.

Hopefully jensen doesn't look as lost as he has every time Ive seen him in preseason or NHL action.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I can see both sides of the argument with regards to Jensen. However, with Kassian's suspension, the team needs warm bodies so I think it will be fine for Jensen's development to throw him a carrot with the re-call. Maybe he'll be able to pot his first goal!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Praise Jensen! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It calgary of course he get his goal

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Bad call up. Jensen was in a great situation, with the surging comets trying to compete for a playoff spot.

He'll now toil away in an offensive black hole of a team that's all but eliminated from the playoff race.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Bad call up. Jensen was in a great situation, with the surging comets trying to compete for a playoff spot.

He'll now toil away in an offensive black hole of a team that's all but eliminated from the playoff race.

there no one else in the farm, and we are still in the playoff race. The comets are not a great scoring team either so it won't matter

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
there no one else in the farm, and we are still in the playoff race. The comets are not a great scoring team either so it won't matter

The comets are not a great scoring team so they could use Jensen.

And while we're still in statistically, any rational fan would know it's not happening.

We both want the best for the club, but keeping him down would be playing the long game.

Should have just called up a fodder and put him on the ice for two shifts.

John Bender*

My prediction: Jensen plays but does absolutely nothing of any consequence and is sent back to Utica after 3 games.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
How will this help? He's got a ton of confidence scoring every game in the AHL. And now he's gonna come to a team that scores no goals and doesn't look like they are gonna start scoring any time soon.

So should the Oilers leave all their young players dominating in the AHL because their NHL club has a losing atmosphere? I realize this is an extreme example, but it doesn't fall far from the truth. We should be rewarding his high level of play in the AHL, his last 25 games have been quite exceptional. I realize letting prospects develop and not rushing them is a matter of importance, but it isn't like Jensen is a pro rookie coming out of the WHL. He has a full season in the SHL, and another 70ish games in the AHL. The kid deserves a shot, if he doesn't look ready you observe him, tell him what he did right, what you want him to work on, and send him back down to do it. If his confidence is that weak he'll never be an NHL player anyways.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
The comets are not a great scoring team so they could use Jensen.

And while we're still in statistically, any rational fan would know it's not happening.

We both want the best for the club, but keeping him down would be playing the long game.

Should have just called up a fodder and put him on the ice for two shifts.

Actually the one good thing is Jensen gets NHL salary while he's up. Nice to give the kid $$$$ bonus for finally producing in the AHL.

Just make sure he's back down after a few more losses.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
My prediction: Jensen plays but does absolutely nothing of any consequence and is sent back to Utica after 3 games.

Fair enough. He is still three games further on his NHL career.

The Canucks are finished and dispirited. Bring up everybody and see what they do. One after the other, just try every guy you think has a chance and see what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad