Nicklas Jensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Ugh. Rather he just continued to play well in the AHL. Why ruin a good thing down there? Hope it doesn't frig up his confidence.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Kassian being suspended obviously leaves a hole in the lineup. I just hope the team gives him a chance to succeed and don't throw him with a couple plugs.

Too late for that if he has been called up to the Canucks
Everyone is plug right now

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'm happy. As someone else said earlier, this is an NHL prospect we're talking about, not a baby who needs to be coddled. The main thing is he's playing really well in the AHL right now and deserved a callup. I'm sure if you ask him, he cares a helluva lot more about getting a stint in the NHL than continuing his AHL hot streak.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm happy. As someone else said earlier, this is an NHL prospect we're talking about, not a baby who needs to be coddled. The main thing is he's playing really well in the AHL right now and deserved a callup. I'm sure if you ask him, he cares a helluva lot more about getting a stint in the NHL than continuing his AHL hot streak.

I think the concern could be that it's possible the entire dressing room is pretty toxic at the moment, and it's probably best we keep our prospects away from it.

Wetcoaster

Either I am overestimating or you are underestimating how bad the mood is right now in the Canucks dressing room.

I feel like the whole room right now is a confidence killer.
Perhaps the Canucks can borrow "The Isolator" booth from the UK game show "The 64,000 Dollar Question" and have it installed in the dressing room?

64000uk3.jpg

And when he is on the bench replace his helmet with the "Isolator Helmet":

the-isolator-640x539.jpg

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls

Plus, he's like you or me . . . he gets paid a hell of a lot more for his time in the NHL. What's not to like? That's the carrot: the pay, Vancouver, and the Show itself. Reward the guy a little for his recent success.

He lives and works on the farm in Utica. That's the stick.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Excited to see Jensen. Hopefully it doesn't derail the confidence he's built up over the last stretch. But if he can bring a hot hand to the team, it'd be a welcome sight.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Considering the season is over, I think this is the right time to call Jensen up. He has a ton of confidence right now and deserves the reward of an NHL call-up.

I hope they give him a prominent top six minutes and let him run with it. The NHL experience can only really benefit his game, especially considering he has a legitimate shot at a top nine forward spot next season.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Well....I was hoping we could just tank shamelessly like we were doing....but at least the hopelessness that is infecting the Vancouver Canucks should probably bring Jensen down as well. We can't have him playing too well and ruining the tank job. But maybe out of this he can play well and hopefully gain some confidence to make the team next year.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
NHL prospects don't need any sheltering? There's a reason players thrust into the NHL when they're not ready have a tendency to bust. Good, he's happy with the callup. Not sure it benefits him right now though as he's just finding his game in the AHL. Why mess with his confidence there to call him up to a team that scores no goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad