Recalled/Assigned: Nicklas Jensen Recalled from Utica (11/28)

arsmaster*

I missed this awhile ago apparently. I don't really disagree that there's something there, but he's frustrating to watch (hence my hyperbole, I suppose). He always looks like he's missing a certain something from his game that will stop him from fulfilling his potential.

That's not unusual, of course, but he has so many other tantalizing aspects to his game that it will be a real shame if it ends up being the case.

I'm with this take on Jensen.

He has what it takes to be an NHL player but that "missing link" is going to keep him from top 6 staple IMO.
And he's got a lot of work ahead of himself to solidify a NHL career because he either needs to be a top 6 staple or probably needs to completely change his game to carve out a reasonable career at this level.

You can see he's working on stuff like back checking, pinning the puck instead of throwing it away, some PK time etc, but I just don't ever see it all coming together.

I could see him used as a secondary piece for an upgrade at the deadline depending on if the team is still in contention.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Bobby Sanguinetti being injured is putting a bit of a wrench in that plan. For somebody to be pretty much in the pressbox and may get spot duty it may aswell be a vet instead of a young defender that should be playing.

Jensen back up? guess they want to continue rotating Vey in and out of the lineup unless there is some other lingering injuries that we don't really know about. Jensen, like Corrado I hope gets some game time otherwise I'd prefer it to be a vet like DeFazio in the pressbox.

Not so much a problem with Jensen. The Comets are deep in sitting competent forwards.

The take a vet instead of Frankie is a problem. Sanguinetti is injured, but now day to day. Ehrhardt is injured. Huskins is injured. Andersson is injured. Corrado is in Vancouver. That leaves Utica with Biega, Pedan (played one game), Tommernes, Lafranchise, Negrin, and Blain.
The last 3 are ECHL call-ups and inept. The Comets are the second best team in the AHL and desperately trying to make it with 3 bums on D. Taking Sanguinetti, Utica's best D-man, to sit on the bench would be even more detrimental to the Comets than sitting Frankie in Vancouver. If the guy is only there to sit. Take Tommernes. He is able to be recalled, can sit comfortably, and gives the Comets the best chance to defend with only one ECHL bum having to play. Get the Comets D corps healthy again and then take who you want. Right now the Comets are in dire straits trying to keep their heads above water.

If the Canucks suffer another injury, then Utica is left to survive as best they can. Putting them in those circumstances when it's unnecessary could be avoided.

Last edited:

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
I'm with this take on Jensen.

He has what it takes to be an NHL player but that "missing link" is going to keep him from top 6 staple IMO.
And he's got a lot of work ahead of himself to solidify a NHL career because he either needs to be a top 6 staple or probably needs to completely change his game to carve out a reasonable career at this level.

You can see he's working on stuff like back checking, pinning the puck instead of throwing it away, some PK time etc, but I just don't ever see it all coming together.

I could see him used as a secondary piece for an upgrade at the deadline depending on if the team is still in contention.

I disagree. He's still got lots of time on his hand, he's young He's looked fine at the NHL while given top 6 time, and looks like he belongs. Consistency will come over time. He's now rounding out other aspects of his game.

He's a scoring winger, so he doesn't make players around him better but is opportunistic and would do well with good line mates. If he was gifted time like Linden Vey, I think he would score at a similar rate to last year. (remember he's 2 years younger than Vey)

He's still developing. I'm not sure what people expect...?

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
I disagree. He's still got lots of time on his hand, he's young He's looked fine at the NHL while given top 6 time, and looks like he belongs. Consistency will come over time. He's now rounding out other aspects of his game.

He's still developing. I'm not sure what people expect...?

Filip Forsberg probs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad