Confirmed with Link: Nicklas Grossmann/Chris Pronger traded to Arizona for Sam Gagner/draft pick

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Gagner's strongest attribute is his creativity and his ability to make plays in the offensive zone. The biggest knock on him is his defensive game and his inability to play a physical game but if you give him space, he can be very effective. I can see Gagner being the same PP unit as Voracek and Giroux and make it very lethal. He can definitely be effective in that front.

He won't be on PP1 as he's not going to take Simmonds spot and he's the wrong handedness to play the spot in the middle of the ice that Schenn or Raffl played the majority of the year, but I think theres a strong possibility he lines up as G and Jakes LW at ES and runs our 2nd PP unit at G's spot this year.

We have also been historically bad at shootouts since their inception so hopefully he can help us there too.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
From this video:

video.coyotes.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=868&id=831970&lang=en

"This Pronger thing... that whole thing was an accounting issue. They were willing to eat a half million in Grossman's salary if we took (Pronger) on... it meant nothing to us. That whole idea that we were acquiring Pronger to keep spend below the cap... absolutely not... we're going to be well above the floor" - Maloney

"Grossman will play behind OEL on the left side... plays against other team's top players... Dahlbeck is a good defender... young Murphy is going to take a step forward this year... last year we struggled at center ice. We have some young players that can go in there... the guy that's going to be interesting to watch is Richardson, who we have slotted as a third line center... right now I'm thinking about a line of him and Doan and Reider on the third line... we have way more balance than last year." - Tippett

SchennSational1022*

From this video:

video.coyotes.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=868&id=831970&lang=en

"This Pronger thing... that whole thing was an accounting issue. They were willing to eat a half million in Grossman's salary if we took (Pronger) on... it meant nothing to us. That whole idea that we were acquiring Pronger to keep spend below the cap... absolutely not... we're going to be well above the floor" - Maloney

"Grossman will play behind OEL on the left side... plays against other team's top players... Dahlbeck is a good defender... young Murphy is going to take a step forward this year... last year we struggled at center ice. We have some young players that can go in there... the guy that's going to be interesting to watch is Richardson, who we have slotted as a third line center... right now I'm thinking about a line of him and Doan and Reider on the third line... we have way more balance than last year." - Tippett

LOL, Tippet is a moron

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I know people have brought up Tippett's name in the past when we had an opening, but personally, I want nothing to do with the guy. He seems absolutely in love with veterans, grinders, and "big body" types.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad