Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In my opinion he could get faster!

I got my first good look at him last night. Can't wait to see more and have him player with better talent. Love this return we got for Patch. I was looking for a 1st cause I thought the grade A prospect was not an option. But I think we got something here with this kid. He didn't look too slow to me but it's hard to gauge on just one game.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I don't get the Rackell comparison personally. Rackell plays a more conventional, direct game. He'll get up in players' grills, uses power and size to separate them from the puck and drive the center to create space.

Suzuki doesn't have the same physical element but he's more cerebral and can opt to slow the play down if he sees an opportunity. He's also a better playmaker.

Rackell was his player comparable in the THN draft guide that year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Suzuki is dynamic and has one hell of a shot. What is the weakness to this game at this point? Strength?
Getting stronger is the main thing in his case, more lower body strength will give him a bit more explosiveness, which will make a big difference. The rest is either already good or not really an issue to begin with . On the technical/smarts level his game is already fairly advanced. Same for Kotka really.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Getting stronger is the main thing in his case, more lower body strength will give him a bit more explosiveness, which will make a big difference. The rest is either already good or not really an issue to begin with . On a technical level his game is already fairly advanced.

If he fills in and develops great edge work in his skating, he is going to be very dynamic. A player with vision and a great shot, I'll buy some of that.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Hopefully with domi out for the rest of pre season him or kotka will have the opportunity to play along side drouin just to see how they do with skilled players

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I thought he was decent but not as involved as Kotka. Need to see more games from the kid.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
I thought he was very sound positionally, he didnt try and do too much but you could see the awareness that he possesses. Not ready this year but an exciting prospect for the future.

Reactions: schnapshot

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I expect Suzuki to have a better game 2. Around the league a lot of the hyped rookies looked pretty timid with small flashes of brilliance. Most of these young kids will take a couple more games to feel comfortable.

Reactions: Acadien86

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Suzuki is playing shy IMO. He's trying to play a conservative NHL style game to probably make the team.
what i felt, especially in the first period, he would position well defensively and position himself to not get the puck because he was afraid to make mistake, since he was nervous... it's the kind of kid who will shine once he gets confortable!

Reactions: Belial

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think we protected him because of how deep that Florida lineup was- and the result was that he played with bums.

Game 2 he should have some leash and feel for comfortable. The guy did just get traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad