Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Suzuki is playing shy IMO. He's trying to play a conservative NHL style game to probably make the team.
I should buy a lotto ticket tonight Belial because I actually agree with you on something.:laugh: I see the same thing, he is trying not to get caught out of position and is holding back and it's not hard to see. Son of a gun I said the exact same thing. Pick 7 numbers for me between 1 and 49 please.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hope he has more to offer, hasn't stood out at all.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I hope he has more to offer, hasn't stood out at all.
We (not me) said the same about Kotka at the rookie tournament, look how bad he his, Zadina is so much better, habs drafted for position, not BPA.....ffwd 2 weeks and Kotka is shutting everyone the f*** up......

Suzuki will have the same path.....once he irons out his shortcomings he’ll stand out and all will be good in habland

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Suzuki, Kotkanimi, Poehling...

Plus Cale Fleury, Brook, Ikonen, Tsyka, Walford, and perhaps others like Olofson, Ylonen, and Romanov.

And another 10+ picks coming next summer
About time we have a good pool of young players, that's what Bergevin said he wanted to do back in 2012. 6 years late but I guess we will take it!!

Reactions: cphabs and Gally11

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
We (not me) said the same about Kotka at the rookie tournament, look how bad he his, Zadina is so much better, habs drafted for position, not BPA.....ffwd 2 weeks and Kotka is shutting everyone the **** up......

Suzuki will have the same path.....once he irons out his shortcomings he’ll stand out and all will be good in habland

At this point, I believe Suzuki is a worthy mid-first round pick. I think he will be ready to crack the squad in two years time, maybe three, and top out as a 2C.

Kotkaniemi is special, he is a legit top-5 pick with good 1C potential within 2-3 years. He doesn't quite have McDavid's speed nor Matthews' strength and shot, but he is what we hoped to have in drafting Galchenyuk., someone REALLY good. He has the potential to be better than Tavares, for example. Like I said earlier, he reminds me of Bobby Smith at say 19 and yet he is only 18. Smith was NHL dominant by age 21 and I hope for the same from KK.

Suzuki is perhaps a Pierre Mondou or Stephan Lebeau, skilled RH C's without top end speed. Has the potential to be a good middle-6 center and make players around him better.

But yes, I do know that potential and hope are just a start. Now the kids needs to translate their potential into results and avoid bad luck/injuries as well.

Reactions: jaffy27

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Not worried about ol Nick, he just turned 19 for crissake, whats the rush with him all of a sudden?

i want to see him rip up junior one more time and some WJC
The guy just got here, wish some here would grant him the leash others have gotten...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I’m already excited for next years camp

I'll be disappointed with every win we get, and be watching the race to the bottom from October onwards. We need Hughes, and Alexis Lafrenière the year after. I'm not sure if we can be as bad as Arizona, but after we traded for Domi, its looking like we will suck much more than them.

Oh right, this is about Suzuki, hope he pans. out.

Reactions: Gally11

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'll be disappointed with every win we get, and be watching the race to the bottom from October onwards. We need Hughes, and Alexis Lafrenière the year after. I'm not sure if we can be as bad as Arizona, but after we traded for Domi, its looking like we will suck much more than them.

Ah so that's what Bergevin was doing with the Galchenyuk trade, pulling a Sam Pollock. He simultaneously made a rival for the 1st overall pick stronger, while making us weaker, thus increasing our odds of drafting Lafleur, I mean Lafrenier and/or Hughes.

Genial.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
At this point, I believe Suzuki is a worthy mid-first round pick. I think he will be ready to crack the squad in two years time, maybe three, and top out as a 2C.

Kotkaniemi is special, he is a legit top-5 pick with good 1C potential within 2-3 years. He doesn't quite have McDavid's speed nor Matthews' strength and shot, but he is what we hoped to have in drafting Galchenyuk., someone REALLY good. He has the potential to be better than Tavares, for example. Like I said earlier, he reminds me of Bobby Smith at say 19 and yet he is only 18. Smith was NHL dominant by age 21 and I hope for the same from KK.

Suzuki is perhaps a Pierre Mondou or Stephan Lebeau, skilled RH C's without top end speed. Has the potential to be a good middle-6 center and make players around him better.

But yes, I do know that potential and hope are just a start. Now the kids needs to translate their potential into results and avoid bad luck/injuries as well.

erm.... whaaaaaaaat?

taveres got exceptional status in order to be drafted in the ohl at 14 years old. broke the ohl goal scored at the time (210 or something ridiculous like that iirc) and they tried to change the rules to have him drafted - and that's just off the top of my head

a bit preposterous to say that kotka has more portential that a guy who was considered a franchise player if not generational at 14 frickin' years old

Last edited:

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Wish he was playing tonight. I haven’t been able to watch pre season games as I’m in Europe but I can’t get a read on this kid because some fans say he’s too slow, 2 or 3 years away, could maybe be a middle six C, and then other people are saying he is the smartest player on the ice, top line potential :laugh:

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Complete ideal scenario is finishing not too far out but having a huge lottery win. That way the squad isn’t demoralized and then we are so stacked at centre in the future it’s going to just be weird for us as fans haha. But yeah I agree that’s too many ifs so losing is the best option. I’d probably keep Suzuki and let him start having his growing pains this year. That way we don’t start next season with potentially 4 new players at C

Edit: did this on my phone didn’t notice I answered above the quote

Reactions: Habs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
And another 10+ picks coming next summer
About time we have a good pool of young players, that's what Bergevin said he wanted to do back in 2012. 6 years late but I guess we will take it!!
And no Lefbreve!!! That is what really has me excited!

Reactions: Le Tricolore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad