Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Two things to point out there:

1. Check the games played. Both Hancock and Gadjovich missed significant time with injury. Add in their PPG over the same as Suzuki and you have 89 and 78 points respectively.

2. Suzuki would be the big producer there. Gadjovich was the board/down low presence and Hancock did a lot of the skating. They complemented each other very well.

You beat me too it... I was going to go check out the games played. Something wasn't adding up.

Also, you talk about complementary lines. I think this was a huge problem for the Habs last year. I see a potential for this to be better this season but lets see if management is willing to experiment more than they did last year.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
That's partly why OS finished a bit down the standings and no one really wanted to run into them at playoff time. The healthy/playoff OS was a lot more dangerous than the depleted season version.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
For those who could catch some Owen Sound games, with which current nhl player would you compare Suzuki?

Maybe not skillwise but stylisically I’ve hear people compare him to patrice bergeron. But if he ever reached that potential it would be the dream.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Maybe not skillwise but stylisically I’ve hear people compare him to patrice bergeron. But if he ever reached that potential it would be the dream.
you sure you heard that? Because Suzuki's favorite player is indeed bergeron, it might what you heard!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Jul 6, 2016

Bergeron is much bigger.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Everyone with a sound two way game is compared to Bergeron. That comparison has really lost its meaning.

Reactions: schnapshot

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
09TXJnP.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Suzuki himself said he models his game after Bergeron. Skill wise, what did Bergevin do pre NHL that Suzuki has not? Of course it would be awesome if he turns into a Bergeron type and anybody betting against him will likely be right. However, I like what I see so far and it's anybodies guess how good he will be. The knights clearly had a long look at him in their rookie camp before they decided to let him go.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
They should be since Bergeron is at the top with guys like Kopitar and Barkov

Yeah but the problem is having a good two way game doesn't mean you actually play like Bergeron. It's just easy to throw out a multi time Selke winner's name when you see a guy excelling in his both offensive and defensive game. Granted, I have not seen Suzuki a ton to know better but I always take the Bergeron comparisons with a grain of salt.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Rickard rakell

Is that you Bob?:sarcasm:

When Mckenzie mentioned it I couldn't see it and after watching him in red/white games he honestly doesn't remind me of Rakell at all. He reminds me more of Giroux without the grit and not as top end of a skillset. Perhaps a Giroux light in terms of his offensive ability.

Reactions: BrendanGallagher11

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Yeah but the problem is having a good two way game doesn't mean you actually play like Bergeron. It's just easy to throw out a multi time Selke winner's name when you see a guy excelling in his both offensive and defensive game. Granted, I have not seen Suzuki a ton to know better but I always take the Bergeron comparisons with a grain of salt.

See and I think they can play like whatever player, but that doesn't mean they'll be as good. If a player patterns his game after someone like Patrice, all the more power to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad