Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He had Lindgren at his mercy but went five hole instead of roofing it.

The one thing I learned about Lindgren is he makes you beat him with a good shot. Scoring an easy goal or down low is something he works at limiting and he has gotten to where he is today because of it.

As far as Suzuki on that play... dam he was quick to get to the net. Why he didn't roof it, it's beyond me. Kotkaniemi had a similar play where he went to the back hand but didn't get a good shot off.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is that you Bob?:sarcasm:

When Mckenzie mentioned it I couldn't see it and after watching him in red/white games he honestly doesn't remind me of Rakell at all. He reminds me more of Giroux without the grit and not as top end of a skillset. Perhaps a Giroux light in terms of his offensive ability.

It was Craig Button who made the comparison. Although I don't know if Bob ended up saying the same thing. But Craig Button was the first to say it the day of the trade.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He had Lindgren at his mercy but went five hole instead of roofing it.

Its too bad lol because youre right, he beat lindgren cold, in fact suzuki's move was SO good im positive he didnt realize he had fooled lindgren so well and continued his deke process which was always going to be five hole, if he DOESNT fake out lindgren so hard there the goalie instead starts to track the puck and the five hole opens wide for that move to work

im sure if he had a do over he ROOFS it lol

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
09TXJnP.gif
He does have a funny stride tho...

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Totally reaching here
I hope I’m wrong but I see something . I played with a guy who was pretty high level but skated very similar. He had great acceleration but looked like a loon taking off on the lake.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He does have a funny stride tho...
On this play? He is weaving in and out of opposing players trying to KEEP the puck, as he so delicately did, through all of them at top speed. Of course there is no basic or stride for this! Kid can skate while controlling the puck!

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I don't get the Rackell comparison personally. Rackell plays a more conventional, direct game. He'll get up in players' grills, uses power and size to separate them from the puck and drive the center to create space.

Suzuki doesn't have the same physical element but he's more cerebral and can opt to slow the play down if he sees an opportunity. He's also a better playmaker.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Is that you Bob?:sarcasm:

When Mckenzie mentioned it I couldn't see it and after watching him in red/white games he honestly doesn't remind me of Rakell at all. He reminds me more of Giroux without the grit and not as top end of a skillset. Perhaps a Giroux light in terms of his offensive ability.

I think it was Button who said that.

Reactions: King In Glory

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't get the Rackell comparison personally. Rackell plays a more conventional, direct game. He'll get up in players' grills, uses power and size to separate them from the puck and drive the center to create space.

Suzuki doesn't have the same physical element but he's more cerebral and can opt to slow the play down if he sees an opportunity. He's also a better playmaker.

I scratched my head on the Rackell comparison as well. Rackell didn't even score 30 in the OHL. I guess he was a center/winger and that is the only comparison to make? Heck, Drouin would be a better comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad