Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I wouldn't call Suzuki on a similar trajectory as Aho at all. It's a big jump to go from 60 points to 80bpoints. Just because Aho did it, doesn't mean Suzuki will do it or is on a trajectory to do it.

At any rate, I'll personally only be interested in discussing what cap hit Suzuki will be about to get after we see the numbers he puts up this upcoming season.

Aho put up 65 points in 78 games in his 2nd season, playing with Teravainen who has also put up better numbers than any Habs player that’s played with Suzuki to date.

You’re comparing his 3rd season with Suzuki’s 2nd. Yes it was still better than Suzuki’s, but not by much when all things are considered.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I wouldn't call Suzuki on a similar trajectory as Aho at all. It's a big jump to go from 60 points to 80bpoints. Just because Aho did it, doesn't mean Suzuki will do it or is on a trajectory to do it.

At any rate, I'll personally only be interested in discussing what cap hit Suzuki will be about to get after we see the numbers he puts up this upcoming season.

It's a big jump 60 to 80 points, but Nick Suzuki have all things to put that next season. Alongside with a player like Cole Caufield... anything is possible for both players. They are going put both 100 points? No... That's a very high expectations, but the talent of both are PPG players... with their attitude to become better and learn so well... they likely can put PPG per season with Habs.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Suzuki's season point totals including playoffs so far

19-20: 48 points in 81 games

20-21: 57 points in 78 games

Nice and constant progression. We finally got our 1C and he's not even 22 yet.

Reactions: Sagikev and Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Depth after Suzuki at center is an issue or a concern. I'm assuming we are all on the same page with this now that Danault is gone?

So, I was wondering with how this impacts Suzuki usage in a contract year. If he gets focused on by other teams coaches, how does he perform? If he still does well, he's going to get paid! If he struggles, this might force a bridge deal for sure. Something to monitor as the season goes along.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Depth after Suzuki at center is an issue or a concern. I'm assuming we are all on the same page with this now that Danault is gone?

So, I was wondering with how this impacts Suzuki usage in a contract year. If he gets focused on by other teams coaches, how does he perform? If he still does well, he's going to get paid! If he struggles, this might force a bridge deal for sure. Something to monitor as the season goes along.
He will struggle...he will also have success.

It's part of the process.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He will struggle...he will also have success.

It's part of the process.

Agreed but in a contract year, the latest year you have factors in on the projections. Agent will surely use a great season at age 22 if he has one! Talking about production and him jumping up from his 0.65 pts/game.

Reactions: 417

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I love Suzuki's talent. We are lucky to have him, and it will be a blast to see him grow and potentially become a dominant player. Saying this, for all the magical plays he has created over the last two seasons, he has been a minus player in both his two regular seasons and the playoffs. My point is that there's still work for him to do out there. Looking good and being good are two different things.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Agreed but in a contract year, the latest year you have factors in on the projections. Agent will surely use a great season at age 22 if he has one! Talking about production and him jumping up from his 0.65 pts/game.
If he can pot 25g 70 pts with the coverage he’s gonna get this year he’s worth whatever he wants cap or not. I don’t see the Habs losing I mean what a test for this guy to kick off his career these playoffs and now that center depth.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We need Therrien and Desharnais back so we can have Suzuki as our 2nd line center.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Gyfu

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Have to hope it will be more money if the habs wait, but they should also have more available depending on how things shake out. Cap should increase, Alzner, Weber, Drouin, Byron gone or Byron re-signed for less. If he'll go long term now it would probably be better long term as long as it doesn't cause a crunch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad