Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Yep, he needs to step back up imo. Hes not playing as confidently as he was in the first 7 games.
I'm sure he will bounce back, and a big game vs the Leafs is the perfect time for him to do it!

Reactions: Rozz

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
I just hope its not Julien pulling strings.. Weve seen Romanov pull back on his skill plays and Suzuki too. We want them to flourish and make shit happen out of thin air, not grind them down.
Tell me about how you think Matthews isn’t elite

Reactions: Theodore450

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I just hope its not Julien pulling strings.. Weve seen Romanov pull back on his skill plays and Suzuki too. We want them to flourish and make shit happen out of thin air, not grind them down.
He really has no choice. Theyve made their bed with Suzuki. Who else will step up? Theres no one to take that role.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Ok, I dug through the prior thread. I can’t speak for @Mrb1p but I am pretty sure that wasn’t what he said. I don’t think anyone would say Matthews isn’t an elite goal scorer but he’s not a generational player. There’s a difference. If that’s what he meant, I fully agree. Matthews isn’t generational.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Ok, I dug through the prior thread. I can’t speak for @Mrb1p but I am pretty sure that wasn’t what he said. I don’t think anyone would say Matthews isn’t an elite goal scorer but he’s not a generational player. There’s a difference. If that’s what he meant, I fully agree. Matthews isn’t generational.
Nobody in the NHL right now is a generational player. People need to stop using that term so liberally.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Who are you and what do you want lmao, I don't like Matthews but even I wouldn't say hes not elite. Do I live in your head rent free though?

Nobody in the NHL right now is a generational player. People need to stop using that term so liberally.

Crosby, McDavid, Ovechkin would like a word.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Legendary defending by Danault and Hughes
I remember subban haters hating on him when he was trying to be fancy twice a game. It was borderline a war in here.
Imagine if we had Hugues. 40 turnover a game cant even play his position correctly. Has 4 points a game , still manages to go -3

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I remember subban haters hating on him when he was trying to be fancy twice a game. It was borderline a war in here.
Imagine if we had Hugues. 40 turnover a game cant even play his position correctly. Has 4 points a game , still manages to go -3

You remember incorrectly. It was the two times he had the puck where he wasn't trying to be fancy that stood out... ;)

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Let's stop comparing the kid to other players and let him be who he is. Just like any other players he will have his good streaks and bad streaks, weakness and strengths. He is a good player who needs to work on some stuff. He is no god and that is fine. At the end of the day, he is in the NHL...how many of us can say that? When I was 21 I was still trying to pull my head out of my @$$.

Reactions: CoupeStanley

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He looks just fine. He seems focused on just winning games. And if they win games he will accumulate points.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
With the resurgence of Danault (LMAO), hes now been the worst player on the team. Unnacceptable from him because he should be a superstar. He doesn't play the same way, pretty sure Julien had a talk with him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
With the resurgence of Danault (LMAO), hes now been the worst player on the team. Unnacceptable from him because he should be a superstar. He doesn't play the same way, pretty sure Julien had a talk with him.
He looked a lot better as the game went on. Kotkaniemi though...woof. Wouldn't have been upset if Julien benched him after those 2 giveaways.

Reactions: Wats

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He looked a lot better as the game went on. Kotkaniemi though...woof. Wouldn't have been upset if Julien benched him after those 2 giveaways.
Nah, you just don't have the ability to judge KKs game without getting emotional. He made mistakes, but he was in the game, hit a few guys, won puck battles, had 70% on the FO circle and even got a grade A chance. Suzuki did zilch, nothing, nada. 20% fo, 1 SOG and 2 giveaways, thats what he did.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheldishGamibno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad