Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Dumont-InstagramLive(20/08/10)-canadiensmtl:Suzuki
Does Suzuki have everything to be our futur 1C: “I think he does. What I'd focus on is his 5-on-5 production, he does need to improve that. But right now his creativity is so key for the Canadiens especially on the power play, his skills level and his shot (we saw it in Game 1 vs Penguins) are through the roof.”

Reactions: DAChampion

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I do not see him as true first line power center. I hope I am very wrong.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pittsburgh series was a good experience for not only Suzuki but Koktaniemi also. To go head to head with the greats of the game like a Crosby and Malkin and out play them.

I cannot see how anybody would want us to throw these games to gain 8 spots on a draft?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He looks good and promising but we must not forget that right now he is juste a 45/50 point player.

It's deeper than just points. Points come and go with the talent you are surrounded with. What Suzuki is doing and how good he will be is all about his 200' game and the eye test. Kotkaniemi had a rough season but has rebounded for this playoffs so far.

You don't loose skill so that will come together with maturity. Right now, Julien is teaching them how to be hockey players at both ends of the ice and playing a team game. This is why Domi is on the 4th line... he appears to not be easily coached and he has not made improvements with his play in his own end.

Last year Kotkaniemi and Domi has more value than Price to some in our fan base. This year, it's Suzuki. Habs fans just need to sit back and enjoy and not put too much expectations/pressure on our team. Let them develop at their own rate cause that's what most other teams do

Price, Weber, Gallagher, Petry with a rising youth is not a bad situation. We are seeing this first hand in this playoffs. If those kids can mature in the next season or two, we might have a situation that's much better than we expect

Reactions: 26Mats

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Pierre McGuire - Nick Suzuki: Interview TVASports (20/08/11)
«Suzuki, je crois qu’il a le potentiel de devenir un centre numéro un. Le travail d’un centre numéro un est de mettre des points au tableau au rythme d’un joueur d’élite et d’être le chef de file en avantage numérique. Je crois que Suzuki peut être ce genre de joueur. Tu dois produire 75 points ou plus par année pour être considéré comme un centre numéro un. J’estime qu’il peut le faire.»

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I do not see him as true first line power center. I hope I am very wrong.
I still think KK will be the #1 center in the future but it's gonna be more of a 1A/1B type deal where it will depend on how they're playing on any given night. Thats what you need though, 2 guys that are not gonna be out of place as a #1

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
For somebody who does not have elite level skating and is not 6'-0" + and 200 lbs + as a center... Suzuki certainly is creative out there. I'm very impressed and he needs to talk to Kotkaniemi. Hire a skating coach. If Suzuki improves his skating where he has more time and space? Watch out!

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I watched him closely last night. Always in position and played well defensively. It was a treat to see a 21 year old do that.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's deeper than just points. Points come and go with the talent you are surrounded with. What Suzuki is doing and how good he will be is all about his 200' game and the eye test. Kotkaniemi had a rough season but has rebounded for this playoffs so far.

You don't loose skill so that will come together with maturity. Right now, Julien is teaching them how to be hockey players at both ends of the ice and playing a team game. This is why Domi is on the 4th line... he appears to not be easily coached and he has not made improvements with his play in his own end.

Last year Kotkaniemi and Domi has more value than Price to some in our fan base. This year, it's Suzuki. Habs fans just need to sit back and enjoy and not put too much expectations/pressure on our team. Let them develop at their own rate cause that's what most other teams do

Price, Weber, Gallagher, Petry with a rising youth is not a bad situation. We are seeing this first hand in this playoffs. If those kids can mature in the next season or two, we might have a situation that's much better than we expect

The emergence of Suzuki and KK is a game changer - if it truly is so.

I don't like to make judgements based on a playoff series or two.

See Lars Eller, Rene Bourque, and DSP in Anaheim for why.

But if they can indeed emerge as #1 and #2 centers and Danault is pushed to #3c, this is huge. Filling out the wings is one of the easier things to do.

Would also be huge if Kulak's the real deal. If for no other reason than we're seeing how important it is for a deep playoff run to have a good, solid bottom pairing of dmen.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The emergence of Suzuki and KK is a game changer - if it truly is so.

I don't like to make judgements based on a playoff series or two.

See Lars Eller, Rene Bourque, and DSP in Anaheim for why.

But if they can indeed emerge as #1 and #2 centers and Danault is pushed to #3c, this is huge. Filling out the wings is one of the easier things to do.

Would also be huge if Kulak's the real deal. If for no other reason than we're seeing how important it is for a deep playoff run to have a good, solid bottom pairing of dmen.

Suzuki and KK do have 1C and 2C quality. But I don't think we should classify Danault as a 3C. I actually think our strategy should be to create a wicket top 9 we can roll and any one of those lines can be the top line on any given night. This will prevent Suzuki and KK from wanting monster deals after their ELC/Bridge deals. Balance out the top 9 so the production is also balanced and we can have team friendly deals vs ones like Price

Kulak shows flashes of brilliance but also is prone to making dump decisions. The issue with him is not potential, it's maturity and IQ. On the Flyers 2nd goal, he let the forward get behind him in front of Price and when the shot came from the point, he tried to knock it down with his stick vs being physical up the player in front of Price and neutralizing the Flyers forward. Kulak is at his best when he is playing physical without the puck and when he has the puck, he skates. He's actually a decent a puck mover but not really confident.

Habs are weird... you see them skating with the puck and it's obvious they are looking for pass. Way too predictable. Suzuki is deceptive in that area. Several others needs to learn from him in that area

Last edited:
Reactions: 26Mats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad