Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
We need wingers so it would be great if Poehling could come in and push Domi to the wing.

The other day, someone suggested it would be great if Fleury or Brook make the team, pushing Petry to LD.

But we need TWO left defencemen, so I #Hope for Primeau to come in and push Price to LD.

Hockey's Future!

Petry can’t play the left side, we tried that already! He was horrible!

Reactions: jaffy27

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If you can end up with Gallagher as a 3rd line RW, you've got a contender on your hands because he will produce through dedication and effort on any line. He did so with Pf-f-ft offense Plekanec for a large chunk of a season. Gallagher doesn't need skill surrounding him to produce.
Been saying that gor a while! If we can get 2 very good RWer in a perfect world having a 3rd line of
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher

Would do massive damage!

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Been saying that gor a while! If we can get 2 very good RWer in a perfect world having a 3rd line of
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher

Would do massive damage!

I don’t think Suzuki will be ready next year but if ever he is...

We could have Suzuki +a UFA like Stone or something like that.

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
I don’t think Suzuki will be ready next year but if ever he is...

We could have Suzuki +a UFA like Stone or something like that.

Suzuki, as you seemed to suggest, looks like the kind of prospect that should be left to dominate the AHL for a year. I really hope we don't rush this man.

Reactions: HOPE

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Ahh, so Petry is not his best at LD.

Just wanted to let you know that Domi scored 9 goals two years in a row as LW.
he also had 18goals and 52 pts in his rookie year there. He's doing great at center don't get me wrong, i just feel like we could see much more offense from him, if he had less defensive responsibility, didn't have to be the last guy out of his zone, he has speed, hands and works very well around the boards, if he could use his speed on break out and make some sick saucers more ofter he'll make more points!

Reactions: Acadien86

Habsman

Sep 5, 2007
Kingston, ON
Didn’t do too much last night. Not skating hard back on turnovers or on the back check. Lots of gliding and not moving his feet. Almost seemed disinterested or bored. Nice pass on his assist though. Played left wing and center.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Didn’t do too much last night. Not skating hard back on turnovers or on the back check. Lots of gliding and not moving his feet. Almost seemed disinterested or bored. Nice pass on his assist though. Played left wing and center.

I think it’s fair to say we saw some of those flaws during the WJ. Do you think it’s something to be overly concerned about?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Suzuki, as you seemed to suggest, looks like the kind of prospect that should be left to dominate the AHL for a year. I really hope we don't rush this man.

I'm a huge Suzuki fan, but yes, he needs at least 1 season in Laval to work out some of the kinks in his game. Bouchard should be able to help Suzuki adjust to the pro game, as well as get him to up his intensity level.

Bringing him straight into the NHL would be a mistake IMO.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I’m not too worried about it. He’s a cerebral player. Not everyone plays like Gallagher. The OHL must become extremely boring when you’re just dominating all of the time.

Reactions: cphabs

Foltronic

Jan 21, 2015
He was Guelph's best player against the top team in the league Friday, not too concerned about his game Saturday as Kingston is terrible and the Hawel line was clicking for them which took pressure off of him.

On a side note Guelph has had a lot of injuries this year and is starting to get healthy and should challenge anyone come playoff time.

Looking forward to seeing what he does when it's all or nothing.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He was Guelph's best player against the top team in the league Friday, not too concerned about his game Saturday as Kingston is terrible and the Hawel line was clicking for them which took pressure off of him.

On a side note Guelph has had a lot of injuries this year and is starting to get healthy and should challenge anyone come playoff time.

Looking forward to seeing what he does when it's all or nothing.
Yep with Hillis back particulary, I wouldnt be surprised to see them winning the OHL this year... Ton of interesting hockey going foward for Suzuki...

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'd consider including him in a trade for a solid left D. That would finish stamping the trade with LVK as a miracle cure for the 2017-18 debacle.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Working on his weaknesses is a good thing for us.

I am not entirely convinced as he still isn't moving his feet enough and hasn't played at anywhere near the tempo that he will need to in the pro game. He is definitely looking to play as the F3 on many possessions, and his willingness to do so speaks to his character. He does need to find some balance in this approach as it won't translate well for him offensively in the pro game. Definitely a very smart kid with good hands and a lightning release but needs to attack holes and exploit seams with more urgency as these opportunities are rare in the NHL and disappear as fast as they form.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I'd consider including him in a trade for a solid left D. That would finish stamping the trade with LVK as a miracle cure for the 2017-18 debacle.

I would not trade Suzuki for a left D. Suzuki fills a need in the near future for the Habs, as a right-handed shot on the PP. Also, Suzuki does not have to be protected in the expansion draft, but any left D currently playing that we would trade for would have to be protected. With the Habs guaranteed to protect Weber, Petry and Mete, this Suzuki trade idea is dead on arrival.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Ohl was best for him. This way he works out all kinks in his game with an opportunity to win a title. Growing his confidence is the most important thinf right now and the ahl may not have provided that. Theres nothing wrong with keeping a 19 y/o in the O for confidence purposes. Hes still got holes against younger competition including his speed so this is actually really good asset managment by montreal. Ahl next year with the other new comers creates a bond going forward that I think is a great thing.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I would not trade Suzuki for a left D. Suzuki fills a need in the near future for the Habs, as a right-handed shot on the PP. Also, Suzuki does not have to be protected in the expansion draft, but any left D currently playing that we would trade for would have to be protected. With the Habs guaranteed to protect Weber, Petry and Mete, this Suzuki trade idea is dead on arrival.

Neither would I,can snipe if playing RW,and surrounded by right players at C,potential to be another Giroux

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
... Definitely a very smart kid with good hands and a lightning release but needs to attack holes and exploit seams with more urgency as these opportunities are rare in the NHL and disappear as fast as they form.

He may not have the footspeed but he has so many other things going for him. He has hockey smarts, a good work ethic and a great shot -- all ingredients that will help him be successful at the NHL level. Which is why I don't want to see him traded before the Habs have had an opportunity to bring him up and get a longer look.

Reactions: a55p2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad