Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really wondering what his game will turn out to be 5 on 5 in the pros. I think that his IQ will make this a non-issue.....but I don't think we should have him as a slam dunk either. Not yet anyway.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Really wondering what his game will turn out to be 5 on 5 in the pros. I think that his IQ will make this a non-issue.....but I don't think we should have him as a slam dunk either. Not yet anyway.
Hes got the IQ and skill. Skating issues are overblown imo. The main issue I had with him is not being engaged enough. Being too good for junior can do that, but it could also develop bad habits. I think next year will be a very important year for him.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Hes got the IQ and skill. Skating issues are overblown imo. The main issue I had with him is not being engaged enough. Being too good for junior can do that, but it could also develop bad habits. I think next year will be a very important year for him.

He said that that's what management told him, his intensity and implication needed to be revved up. Apparently he took it to heart this year but we'll see, he's been trying to play a faster game, making decisions before the puck hits his stick etc.

I wish I could find the interview...

Reactions: Gally11

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If we could find him linemates like Tkachuk and Monahan to play with is talent will show, with Danault, Tatar, Shaw or lehkonen it will be difficult for him to have any success.

MC94

May 13, 2018
If we could find him linemates like Tkachuk and Monahan to play with is talent will show, with Danault, Tatar, Shaw or lehkonen it will be difficult for him to have any success.
Suzuki Kotka Gally could look good together

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Suzuki Kotka Gally could look good together
If they don't play him center, I would want him on the RW especially as he is a right handed shot. The RW doesn't have great depth either with Gallagher, Shaw, Lehkonen etc

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

He is definitely not a power forward type. Were talking about a player here with great all round skill and IQ like you said. He's got a great shot. Dominating junior like Drouin did. I think it will take time and it comes down to who we play him with... just like with Drouin.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I like Lehkonen as well. I feel like he will lose the monkey off his back soon and start scoring more. No way that shooting percentage stays that low.

Also he has speed, a really good shot (wrister) goes in traffic and is defensively very sound. These are the type of players you want on a line to give the more talented players on that line confidence to go all out offensively knowing that Lehkonen is there to defend in case of a turnover.

Love the kid, it's just that he's been snake bitten for the longest time.

Shame Armia got injured because I really thought Armia - KK - Lehky were starting to get things going!

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
TRAIKOS: Chance for Nick Suzuki to showcase his talent at world juniors

Great article. A little surprising for a Toronto sun article to center around a Habs prospect. Suzuki seems like a smart kid. Writer seems to think very highly of him saying things like it would surprise no one if he led the tournament in points.

Can't wait for the game tonight
What a dumb leafy comment about how anyone who thinks he's going to be Marner or Nylander will be disappointed. Marner is a next level guy, but Nylander is hardly some 90/100 points guy. I definitely think Suzuki can be a Nylander level player.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
What a dumb leafy comment about how anyone who thinks he's going to be Marner or Nylander will be disappointed. Marner is a next level guy, but Nylander is hardly some 90/100 points guy. I definitely think Suzuki can be a Nylander level player.
Yeah that guy is clueless. To be clear, it wasn't the writer that wrote that. The writer seems to think extremely highly of Nick Suzuki

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Reactions: dralaf

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I think he'll be another Pavelski which is a solid enough player. Hopefully he takes less time to be an impact player than it took for Pavs.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

Nylander is quite an impressive player, at 19 years old he was over a PPG in the AHL. He plays a high skill game at full speed, i doubt in the end Suzuki is as good as Nylander.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well I hope Suzuki dominates at this tournament. A high puck with offensive flair playing as a 19 year old has to be a cut above.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Well I hope Suzuki dominates at this tournament. A high puck with offensive flair playing as a 19 year old has to be a cut above.

Trade bait for a young dman on the side we so desperately need?

Jul 6, 2016
I like Suzuki BUT Cody Glass would had been what MB should had demanded for Patches.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I pray the skating issues are overblown. Very different pedigree of players, but I really like a lot of things about the way Hudon and a guy like Kerby Rychel play the game. But their slow skating kills them. I hope it doesn't hold Suzuki back. In this new NHL, I don't worry one iota about his size. But skating is key... It should be fine, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Looks to be a smart player with good skills, but he will definitely need some ahl time. I don't see him making the jump straight from junior to nhl.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad