Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

He is sharing the center role with Hancock...
OS system allows them to have 2 centers in the same line

If he's playing both C and RW, then he's not a full time C. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.

For starters, will he be a C at the WJC? That could be a first sign that they're really taking his role as a C, seriously.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
So realistically how much points you think he could make in the NHL if he becomes full time? I sort of see 50-60 point range, but that's if the team improves with elite level talents

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
So realistically how much points you think he could make in the NHL if he becomes full time? I sort of see 50-60 point range, but that's if the team improves with elite level talents
Is 50-60 good enough?

Which elite level talents are we talking about here - I thought Suzuki was meant to be our most skillful prospect?

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Is 50-60 good enough?

Which elite level talents are we talking about here - I thought Suzuki was meant to be our most skillful prospect?
I mean if he gets team mates that are like Nylander and Marner with similar elite talent and him being on a line with them (not Marner or Nylander) like predicting of how many points...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I mean if he gets team mates that are like Nylander and Marner with similar elite talent and him being on a line with them (not Marner or Nylander) like predicting of how many points...
How will he get those linemates?

If Suzuki and Kotkaniemi play together, neither are blue-chip prospects and Kotkaniemi looks more like a two-way guy than an offensive-minded powerhouse point producer. Personally, I just don't see it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

If Suzuki and Kotkaniemi play together, neither are blue-chip prospects and Kotkaniemi looks more like a two-way guy than an offensive-minded powerhouse point producer. Personally, I just don't see it.

way too early to tell, but Kotkaniemi seems to have elite hands and hockey sense to go along with a solid two way game. But it's waaaaaaaaaaay too early to tell if that will translate into elite production or not.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
way too early to tell, but Kotkaniemi seems to have elite hands and hockey sense to go along with a solid two way game. But it's waaaaaaaaaaay too early to tell if that will translate into elite production or not.
How much will he score if everything goes well - 60? 70?

Is having one 70 point player enough?

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Hoping to watch him play in London on Friday, should be a great game vs a pretty good London team including Boqvist/Foudy :thumbu:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I always wonder whether those things could be THAT significant for a player's development.
Still can't wait to see him there. Hopefully he's dominant.

It definitely doesn't hurt. Playing the best of the best in that 2 week tournament is definitely a bonus and you get to see witch kids actually stand out a little from the tougher competition.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018

You misread both of my posts, basically you're not getting it and I won't answer anymore lol, you could read them again then reply.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If he's playing both C and RW, then he's not a full time C. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.

For starters, will he be a C at the WJC? That could be a first sign that they're really taking his role as a C, seriously.

Habs don't decide who will play center in the wjc.
Considering that a lot of good centers will be available (thomas, frost, glass, etc.) and that Suzuki is able to play all 3 positions, it is likely he gets put at wing.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

How many 50-60 pt players does this turd of a franchise ever put out consistently? Then ask yourself honestly if you think Suzuki will get that. The odds say he's got talent somewhere between Byron and Gallagher, leaving him around a 40pt player. Now if we suck enormously and win a lottery or two the next couple years, Hughes and Lafrenière change the output of all the young kids. This team needs Lafrenière to salvage years of major suckage. They have to do it his draft year, or you know the Penguins or Oilers will just have a way of sucking their way to the 1st overall pick... because they know when to tank.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
How many 50-60 pt players does this turd of a franchise ever put out consistently? Then ask yourself honestly if you think Suzuki will get that. The odds say he's got talent somewhere between Byron and Gallagher, leaving him around a 40pt player. Now if we suck enormously and win a lottery or two the next couple years, Hughes and Lafrenière change the output of all the young kids. This team needs Lafrenière to salvage years of major suckage. They have to do it his draft year, or you know the Penguins or Oilers will just have a way of sucking their way to the 1st overall pick... because they know when to tank.

lol. Skill BETWEEN Gallagher and Byron? So he's marginally more skilled than Byron? Come on, man. You don't hate us that much do you? lol.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad