Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
LOL !

I misjudged the trade the day of the trade and possibly the next few days. But Tatar and Suzuki proved me wrong. And I kept posting positive posts about them since then. I don't need someone to go back in my posts lists and selecting the ones that are suiting his agenda only.

I don't need other posters to tell me what to think and not to think.

[Mod]

It’s hard being called out. At least you’ve come around and have been positive about the trade. That’s more than most posters.

Still, it was a pretty good comeback post. ;)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You remember McDonagh? He was traded because there was no substantial progress since his draft year...

Suzuki is too good for CHL, not NHL ready and too young for AHL, he's stuck in junior for now where it's harder to show progression when he's already dominating.

Let's wait that he play few pro games before evaluating his progression or lack of.

After losing Scherbak to waivers because we couldn't send him down, I have no problem with players being in Junior when they're too good for the league - at least they're not burning a pro year which would make them waiver eligible 1 year earlier if they dont progress fast enough.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Let Suzuki play the WJC, and then trade some vets and have he and Poehling get their feet wet in the NHL to end the year post TDL.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Let Suzuki play the WJC, and then trade some vets and have he and Poehling get their feet wet in the NHL to end the year post TDL.

If we are completely out of a playoff spot yes
But I don't think it will be the case
If their season/playoffs are done in Junior/NCAA, they can go to Laval to complete the season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I think both stay in the NCAA and OHL once the world juniors are done. Poehling needs a contract and I doubt he signs one before he gets to finish his NCAA year this year with his twin brothers. Suzuki is under contract but we should allow him to finish his age 19 season in the OHL.

Start fresh next year. No need to rush them. Plus, I think the Habs will be fighting for a playoff spot all year

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think both stay in the NCAA and OHL once the world juniors are done. Poehling needs a contract and I doubt he signs one before he gets to finish his NCAA year this year with his twin brothers. Suzuki is under contract but we should allow him to finish his age 19 season in the OHL.

Start fresh next year. No need to rush them. Plus, I think the Habs will be fighting for a playoff spot all year
NCAA season ends earlier than NHL, no? Ultimately I think both guys would benefit from an NHL taste this year. Have them train their ass off all offseason as they know how close they are.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Chances are higher than not that we're going to the playoffs. I don't think your plan conicides with Mark and Claude's.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
NCAA season ends earlier than NHL, no? Ultimately I think both guys would benefit from an NHL taste this year. Have them train their ass off all offseason as they know how close they are.

It ends earlier however there is some kind of important tournament after that (Frozen four?) and Poehling's team is likely to be in.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It ends earlier however there is some kind of important tournament after that (Frozen four?) and Poehling's team is likely to be in.

correct, as SCSU is as lock to be there unless they lost a lot of games (they are off the rest of this month) between Jan and March when the playoffs start. The NCAA tournament starts on March 29th, if the make it to the Final Fours, that starts on April 12th and ends the 13th.

That’s a good point I hadn’t considered.

well it's only just come up as the rumors were expecting the expansion draft to be June 2020, not 2021 though it must be due to the lockout that is likely coming in Sept.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
correct, as SCSU is as lock to be there unless they lost a lot of games (they are off the rest of this month) between Jan and March when the playoffs start. The NCAA tournament starts on March 29th, if the make it to the Final Fours, that starts on April 12th and ends the 13th.

well it's only just come up as the rumors were expecting the expansion draft to be June 2020, not 2021 though it must be due to the lockout that is likely coming in Sept.
Maybe bring him up for the playoffs :naughty:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I want to see this line next year :

Drouin - Domi - Suzuki.

That can be a very great 1st line for us.

Reactions: dralaf

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Can you creat a lockout thread? I have some questions please.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Initially I read paycheques....:laugh:
That reminds me of a joke made by Perrault to a reporter who asked him if the sabre checking was important in their win. Perrault replied yes the forecheck and backcheck were important but so was the paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->