Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Kid is gonna be good. Gonna keep an eye on him in the OHL this season. He's gonna tear it up.

Someone suggested we try and draft his brother Ryan. He should go in the 10 to 15 range as well. That would be pretty sweet if we can somehow acquire a 1st round from a team like Minnesota or Florida.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
I think he will be a bit of a late bloomer, I see 2 AHL seasons for him under Bouchard, and hopefully he becomes a great 2C or RW

0 points for suzuki tonight. Under 50% on dot. Bad night.

Lets not overreact on one single game.

His faceoff pourcentage was close to 50%.

In juniors, you got 0 point and one you can net 3-4 points.

He only had one shot on goal. Very low as per his usual average.

First game after being send down is always a challenge. Its now past him.

Reactions: Paddyjack

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He has good skill. Great trade!

Reminds me a bit of Gallagher. Great skill despite his small size and lack of footspeed, he still goes full speed ahead. He won't be as physical as Gallagher, but may be as productive. I think Gallagher was just getting going last year - entering his prime and back 100% from injury.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If Suzuki doesn't boom then the trade is a bust.
Depends how we use tatar as an asset, if he does realy good in montreal with top line minutes he could be an exellent trade bait.
Suzuki is a very young 19year old... was almost eligible for last draft

It does sucks that he went pointless -3 in his first junior game back but it’s clearly not alarming lol he did neary 100pts his last 2 season, if at the end of the year he’a a ppg and under, well thats going to be alarming ans clearly a habs curse.

Reactions: dralaf

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Depends how we use tatar as an assets, if he does realy good in montreal with top line minutes he could be an exellent trade bait.
Suzuki is a very young 19year old... was almost eligible for last draft

It does sucks that he went pointless -3 in his first junior game back but it’s clearly not alarming lol he did neary 100pts his last 2 season, if at the end of the year he’a a ppg and under, well thats going to be alarming ans clearly a habs curse.

Let's be honest with our selves with Tatar. He is stop gap. And he is probably going to serve us better as that then he would in a trade.

I'm not too worried about Suzuki in the short term, as in I'm sure he will do fine in the oh this season. After these young players get a taste and get sent back, it's a natural reaction to be deflated. I'm not even worried about him in the long term to be honest, TL;DR - I'm not over reacting over one OHL game.

But. It is true. That if Suzuki doesn't become something, this is a terrible trade by us, regardless of how Pacioretty preforms this year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Let's be honest with our selves with Tatar. He is stop gap. And he is probably going to serve us better as that then he would in a trade.

I'm not too worried about Suzuki in the short term, as in I'm sure he will do fine in the oh this season. After these young players get a taste and get sent back, it's a natural reaction to be deflated. I'm not even worried about him in the long term to be honest, TL;DR - I'm not over reacting over one OHL game.

But. It is true. That if Suzuki doesn't become something, this is a terrible trade by us, regardless of how Pacioretty preforms this year.
It's not an overreaction btw, I like Suzuki, I just prefer Brannstrom and Hague.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
If Suzuki underwhelmed anyone in the preseason, then expectations were too high. He has elite vision and hockey sense but his skating still requires work in order to become a top tier NHLer. He’s 19 and was playing with all new players he just met last week.

Let him bake for a year or two. Not everyone is a star NHLer in their teens.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Holy over reaction

Well you are going to think that no matter what I say right now to try to convince you of how sincerely I don't give a shit what this team does right now. So I'll skip the defending myself part and jump to the hockey talk part.

This trade was seen as a win, not because of Tatar and the Pick but because of Suzuki. Suzuki was the first round pick we deserve for Pacioretty. Should Suzuki not turn out, this is not the return we all cheered and jeered for when it happened.

Can I repeat please that I am not worried about Suzuki. I think he will be an NHL player. Likely at wing, not center and likely not up to our lofty expectations, but an NHL player none the less.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
And the we would of lost pacioretty for nothing when he walked argument is null. That is a choice a team makes. J.T. might have kept the Isles in the dark more than we know. But at a point a team makes a decision (hey, it's the dealine in a week, we still haven't signed Tavares or Pacioretty to an extension, do you wanna hit the phones and try and get something tangible? Or do you want to gamble on the loyalty that the player has horse blinders on that block out the other 30 teams that have interest)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
If we're at a higher draft pick in 2019 then I wouldn't grab him, but if 12-13-14 range then sure there's just too many talented draftees next year to pass on so..
If there's a year to get another 1st this is pretty much it. With Tatar, Byron and a bunch of 2nds/3rds to help us move up, there's more than a few pieces for Bergevin to make something happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad