Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Those that think being traded doesn't effect the Capt.'s play are underestimating the pride Max had for the Habs. He was always a streaky scorer remember, don't be surprised that he's in old form by Nov.10th in Montreal. Habs fans will most certainly be cheering on their former Capt., I will remember the good times he had as a Hab.:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

I will remember the good times, Nd always hold Max as a habs great, but something is not right with him since last year. Dont know exactly what it is. He used to hover around and dart into position to score or take off on a breakaway. Now he just floats around. Jas he lost a step or is it something else? He needs to play with more jam. I'm so glad we got rid of him before it was too late. I hope we do the same with Weber.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Doesn't matter too much cause wellw have both anyways. :naughty:
I know this is mostly a joke but we’re really looking good. He may end up making the playoffs, and as long as we don’t make a surprise deep run, we may be in a position to draft Ryan, too.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
He takes a bit too long to get his shot off in both cases, nice accurate shot once unleashed, not sure If Both go in at the NHL level. I’m hoping this kid’s game translates well to the AHL next season or maybe even the NHL.

He had time to pick his spot, that's why he took his time. The release itself is quick. I agree thought, i wouldn't rush him next year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He takes a bit too long to get his shot off in both cases, nice accurate shot once unleashed, not sure If Both go in at the NHL level. I’m hoping this kid’s game translates well to the AHL next season or maybe even the NHL.

Look at what he's doing though. He's not taking time to get more power. He's taking time to make everyone, including the goaltender commit and uses the defenders crouch as a screen. Those are great goals.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I will remember the good times, Nd always hold Max as a habs great, but something is not right with him since last year. Dont know exactly what it is. He used to hover around and dart into position to score or take off on a breakaway. Now he just floats around. Jas he lost a step or is it something else? He needs to play with more jam. I'm so glad we got rid of him before it was too late. I hope we do the same with Weber.
I called it. The guy is going downhill. He’s going to be one of those guys who just fades away slowly. He was a great goal scorer, but just not a great hockey player. It all caught up to him last year.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
I took my son to the Steelheads-Owen Sound game on Friday night. Suzuki had a strong game and was relied on in all situations. He lined up at center all game and probably had more defensive zone starts than offensive. Steelheads had a bunch of powerplays and Suzuki was on the first PK unit. He was a constant threat on the PK and had a shorthanded breakaway. He played the point on the powerplay.

One thing I really liked is that Suzuki never gave up on plays. This was particularly evident on another even strength situation when he beat a defender and went in alone on the goalie, only to be hooked from behind. The hook made him lose his balance and possession of the puck, so he just shook off the stick and retrieved the puck behind the goal line, skating around and in front of the net to score.

In the defensive zone, other than the faceoff, I thought he played more like a winger, staying up high in order to breakout quickly. Maybe this is part of the reason that some say he projects as a winger. I'm no scout by any means but I liked his game a lot.

Not sure when or if Owen Sound will be back in Mississauga but I may check him out again.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I called it. The guy is going downhill. He’s going to be one of those guys who just fades away slowly. He was a great goal scorer, but just not a great hockey player. It all caught up to him last year.

In my dreams we also got McPhee to take Weber +? for Cody Glass. McPhee's the king of giving up blue chip prospects for veterans.

Jul 6, 2016
NHL shot right there. He'll look good on the Habs PP on the half wall. Habs need a trigger man so bad and he could be it.

Is he playing center or as RW ? He looks like a RW to me. Better think that Poehling and Kotkaniemi will be our two first line centermen in the future (with Domi)... And Suzuki gonna stick on RW and scores a lot.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Is he playing center or as RW ? He looks like a RW to me. Better think that Poehling and Kotkaniemi will be our two first line centermen in the future (with Domi)... And Suzuki gonna stick on RW and scores a lot.
Center. They seperated Suzuki and Hancock to spread the talent around which seems to be working and that means Suzuki is taking all the draws. They still play first man back takes center duty.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I dont really mind if Suzuki is a winger at the NHL level as long as he produces like a top 6 forward.

A think a center depth of Kotkaniemi, Domi, and Poehling would be good in the near future if they are able to reasonably meet expectations, along with Drouin, Gallagher, Suzuki, Lehkonen on the wings. That doesnt even take into account our other prospects in the system either.

I'd prefer to get another blue chip prospect or two, but right now the future isnt in terrible shape.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I dont really mind if Suzuki is a winger at the NHL level as long as he produces like a top 6 forward.

A think a center depth of Kotkaniemi, Domi, and Poehling would be good in the near future if they are able to reasonably meet expectations, along with Drouin, Gallagher, Suzuki, Lehkonen on the wings. That doesnt even take into account our other prospects in the system either.

I'd prefer to get another blue chip prospect or two, but right now the future isnt in terrible shape.

More or less agreed. I think if that's our center line then we need at least a game breaking winger. Drouin will be good if he can find consistency but i'm not banking on that. Gallagher's going to Gallagher. Suzuki could be a 30-30 guy or possibly a bit better and I'm sure Lehkonen hasn't reached his ceiling yet. It's solid but it really needs a gamebreaking winger imo. God if we could only get Kakko. We have some really nice pieces though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

same. I initially wanted Suzuki in our 2C spot moving forward but with Domi absolutely killing it and looking at home at the centre position we can slot Suzuki on the wing.

xxx-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Domi-Suzuki
Drouin-Poehling-Tatar

or something like that.

Ideally we bring in a game breaking, star winger at some point.

I wonder if we'd be able to lure Panarin over here... :naughty::dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad