Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I think Kaliyev would be a better choice IMO than (Ryan) Suzuki for the draft based on needs. Of course, we'll have to see how the season goes in terms of development and choose BPA next June. Both are really close IMO and I'd be fine with either, though it would be cool to see the Suzukis united.
I'd go for Suzuki just so we can have a cooler Japanese version of the Sedins. Never hurts to have people on the team to make the transition easier .

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
WOW

But honestly, watching him play, it's not surprising. The guy is just way too good for junior right now.

Should be great for his confidence to dominate, I'd be okay with grabbing his brother with our 1st if we don't end up in the top 10.

Chris Chelios

Feb 11, 2006
Really trilled about him but didnt watched any of his game so far , how he dominated the game compared to previous top ohl prospect ( like Scheifele , galchenuyk .. )

Can his ceiling be ing more than a 2nd line C ?

Le compétiteur

Nope. I hate middle of the pack strategy and trying to fill holes through trades. We have been doing this since 1995. Definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

I like Skinner but not willing to sacrifice prospects. All Skinner does is help us stay in middle of the pack even more and give us false hope.

I change the date to better reflect since when we are doing this.

All started at season 94, after first lock-out, a bad president wanted a cup to "prove" that previous year was not a fluke (93, the last cup) he forced his GM to go all in, future was traded to get a #1 center (Turgeon) a #1RW (Recchi) and a #1D (Malakhov) to go with out #1LW (Damphousse). Habs didn't win the cup, Savard got fired and replaced by "Peanut" that had no experience for the job and 2 months after being nominated GM he traded the present for nothing good on that day of december 1995.

Since that it's trying to patch holes, reach playoff and hope... that and too many bad moves that prevent the team to progress.

Reactions: ChikN

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Really trilled about him but didnt watched any of his game so far , how he dominated the game compared to previous top ohl prospect ( like Scheifele , galchenuyk .. )

I think it could be. He's pretty much excellent to elite in everything other than skating and size but those are both easy to address.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
He’s one of our most intriguing prospects. What is his NHL comparable stylistically?

High IQ, great puck skills, vision, and deadly shot but lacks explosiveness/implication...

Pacioretty ? Heh

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

perhaps, though it's actually kind of hard to get a read on these kids that dominate the CHL for 3 years in a row. He's looking at being the all time leading goal and points leader for Owen Sound. Clearly the skill is there, but the lack of physical tools most size, strength but he'll still need to work on getting quicker, more explosive. He seems to like to slow things down at times so we'll see if that's any kind of issue in what is becoming a faster and faster game over the past few years in the NHL.

The big test will be how he looks at camp/preseason. If he looks great they should keep him, if not don't rush it and let him get some time in the AHL with Bouchard and his staff.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He’s one of our most intriguing prospects. What is his NHL comparable stylistically?

High IQ, great puck skills, vision, and deadly shot but lacks explosiveness/implication...

Pacioretty ? Heh
I personally don't think his skating is that bad, but since he is under 6ft, you'd like to see him be faster. Not the end of the world by any means.

Reactions: montreal

Chris Chelios

Feb 11, 2006
I think it could be. He's pretty much excellent to elite in everything other than skating and size but those are both easy to address.
100% .. he canget bigger and work on his skaking, we al know hockey iq , vision , decision making is always harder to improve..

That been said.. im impressed how good he his whit average teamates.. usually top ohl prospect plays fors stacked teams .. and that not the case with him ( and still put impressive numbers )

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Someone really say his comparable is Pacioretty??Yikes. Couldnt be more different.

Patches doesnt have high hockey IQ,or soft hands, and probably one of the worst "visions" ive seen from a top goal scorer. He is a pure sniper. Sits there and lets OTHERS who have those qualities get the puck to him.

Only comparable skills between the two is their skating and shot perhaps.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Someone really say his comparable is Pacioretty??Yikes. Couldnt be more different.

Patches doesnt have high hockey IQ,or soft hands, and probably one of the worst "visions" ive seen from a top goal scorer. He is a pure sniper. Sits there and lets OTHERS who have those qualities get the puck to him.

Only comparable skills between the two is their skating and shot perhaps.
Pacioretty was a much better skater at the same age.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
I think he could be similar to Jonathan Marchessault. They have similar stats in their rookie seasons.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
His skating and size are fine. He just needs to get comfortable with the pro game when he gets to it, and he’ll be an excellent player.

You think so? I tought it was clear that is skating and lack of strenght was the main reason he couldnt generate much offensively in the pre-season.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Stylistically he reminds me alot of Giroux. Not saying that he will score 100 points in the NHL but there are similarites in their games. Neither player is a particularly strong skater. They both rely on high IQ , vision and quick hands. I would like to see Suzuki move his feet more as he will need to be more active and agressive if he hopes to translate his junior success to the pro game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad