Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Why forcing him to be with the pro? We killing his self-confidence. He's struggling like I expected to. Sending him back was what we had to do. Another case poorly managed by us...
The 10 games is a perfect number. Keeping him with the pro after 10 games if he doesn't step up would be bad management. If he lose his confidence just because of 10 games he doesn't belong with the pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Playing C is where he belongs, regardless he’s not ready yet. That’s fine, many players earned their way via the AHL.

On the PP he is fine on the left side wing right now, and overall he is more ready as a RW than a C. I have no issue playing him on the 4th line over one of Cousins or Weal. But if we really want him to be a Pierre Mondou / Stephan Lebeau type of centreman, or even a Carbonneau type, then yes he will need time in the AHL first, as all three of them did.

If we are moving him down to the 4th line, by the way, then we need to bring up a winger, either Belzile or Poehling, because Weal in the top-9 is sad. Once Poehling is ready, bring him up and move either Byron or Lehkonen to the RW.

Tatar-Domi-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Poehling-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron/Cousins-Thompson-Weal/Byron

If KK and Drouin can't handle top-2 line workload, then switch Danault and Domi and play the KK line as the 3rd line.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
For whatever reason it wasn't clicking with Domi. Good amount of ice time tonight but I'd love to see him with KK or at center though.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He looked much better tonight.

Baby steps,but he is showing improvement every game. Poise with the puck and sees the game so well. Astute on the defensive aspect of the game and is already reliable and dependable in that regard. Implying himself more offensively in minuscule increments,but trending up is better than down.

Reactions: cphabs and Andrei79

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Baby steps,but he is showing improvement every game. Poise with the puck and sees the game so well. Astute on the defensive aspect of the game and is already reliable and dependable in that regard. Implying himself more offensively in minuscule increments,but trending up is better than down.
He's gotten better every game which is encouraging. Remember that he's always been a center so that was a huge jump for him. Just gotta be patient and he'll be a really good player.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
For whatever reason it wasn't clicking with Domi. Good amount of ice time tonight but I'd love to see him with KK or at center though.

Center is the spot for him,more options for his ability. No rush though as he is still getting there slowly. Fine tuning his overall game will only be more beneficial in the long run. He's improving steadily as it is and learning to compete harder and consistency without being detrimental to team D. Might be ready sooner than later to take on that role and then the quandary begins as whom loses the C spot. Fun times ahead and let the debates begin. lol.

Reactions: DangerDave

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
He his way safer than KK and that's why he is getting more ice time. He is a great talent and his IQ is through the roof. Seeing the play before majority of Habs other players.

Offense will come once he figure out Nhl team's defence patterns. Cerebral players need a bit of studying time to acclimate.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Center is the spot for him,more options for his ability. No rush though as he is still getting there slowly. Fine tuning his overall game will only be more beneficial in the long run. He's improving steadily as it is and learning to compete harder and consistency without being detrimental to team D. Might be ready sooner than later to take on that role and then the quandary begins as whom loses the C spot. Fun times ahead and let the debates begin. lol.
I'd love to see him tried at center this year. Like you said, he's really good defensively so he won't cost you. His main weakness now is breakouts. Offensively, vision is his main asset so having more options at center is beneficial.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'd love to see him tried at center this year. Like you said, he's really good defensively so he won't cost you. His main weakness now is breakouts. Offensively, vision is his main asset so having more options at center is beneficial.

I hope Habs do give Suzuki a few chances here and there when ready for center. He'll need a winger with some wheels though and a shot.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Wait... We have a high end center prospect being developed as a winger and it’s not working out? Unbelievable!
Probably needs more time on the 3/4 line to appreciate the defensive part of the game...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I felt like his first few games were analogous to his performance at the WJCs--rough but you can see the talent there. I saw him make/try interesting creative plays.

I don't like kids being rushed to the NHL but there's no need to rush him back down.

Somehow you can't say a good word about CJ on here but I'm fine with his handling of KK all in all though I think he should get more PP time otherwise I'm okay.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I know I'm going to get bashed for this, but I really like having him out there with Thompson and Byron. Both those guys are such great players and do so many little things so well. Obviously I don't want him to stay there all year, but he can learn a lot from both those guys.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wait... We have a high end center prospect being developed as a winger and it’s not working out? Unbelievable!
Probably needs more time on the 3/4 line to appreciate the defensive part of the game...

In this day and age, the defensive side of the game is very important. I'm not against an offensive player developing that part.

Look what happened to Scherbak, who didn't develop it.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I know I'm going to get bashed for this, but I really like having him out there with Thompson and Byron. Both those guys are such great players and do so many little things so well. Obviously I don't want him to stay there all year, but he can learn a lot from both those guys.
That .
And by the way , he played on the PP with " better linemates " but in the 4 th line he won't get the pressure to produce as a top 6.
For those who wish him to play in the AHL , my opinion is that with his IQ the first thing he needs to work on is the speed of the NHL game . He won't learn this part of the game in the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad