Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 11

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And he does have every offensive opportunity to produce.
You could play Suzuki for 60 minutes a game but he’d still be limited playing with guys like Ylonen/RHP. It’s not a coincidence that he’s doing better with competent linemates this year.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Nick and I do think he’s top 15-30 C but I think there is gap after a certain type of player (EP, Eichel, Barkov, Matthews, Leon)
I don’t see 20 better centers than him.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think a bigger bump happened after we got the long rest. But you are right he comes back stronger after a break.
For me this doesn't compare simply because of all the other things he's doing besides scoring.

The consistency is shift to shift for the most part something we didn't see last season.
I'm just wondering if the guys got to talking about the Olympic experience because they brought up Suzuki's interest again last night.
Since MSL stressed playing with more consistency at the start of the year, Suzuki really raised up to the challenge.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
He is referring to Andrew Berkshire's rant on Zach Hyman.
i had to look it up.

yikes. thanks Berkshire for pointing out that rich people have advantages. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

also, it's well-known that NHL demographics skew towards privilege, right ... if that's the case, why are there not more players scoring 50G for the first time at age 31???

sheesh.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It’s tighter that I thought after 15 but

McDavid
MacKinnon
Matthews
Leon
Barkov
Petterson
Eichel
Point
Aho
Stuzle
Miller
Hughes
Hintz
Crosby
Bédard
Thomas
I think he's on par with Thomas, but roughly 15 sounds about right. Especially when you consider the fact that Draisaitl and Miller switch from center to wing to play on the top line a lot.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Theres no way Thomas is better that guy sucks defensively.

Hes similar to Aho, hintz, Miller.

That makes him a pretty solid 1C.
As much as I appreciate Suzuki I don't think he's at the level of Aho, Hintz or Miller consistently right now. He could definitely take a step forward next year and reach that level, but I think those 3 are slightly better as of today.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I think he's on par with Thomas, but roughly 15 sounds about right. Especially when you consider the fact that Draisaitl and Miller switch from center to wing to play on the top line a lot.
Many of these players have all-star caliber team/line mates.

Half (8/16) aren’t even leading their team in points this season.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I don’t think we have anyone of Jack Eichel and Mark Stone caliber
You think Suzuki and Slaf wont be similar caliber to Eichel and Stone in 2-3 years when we'll contend?? Suzuki is a notch below Eichel pts wise but he's got the edge on the defensive side and i would be very surprised if Slaf is not close to PPG in 2-3 yrs

Because of all the dark years we had offensively with this team i think people doesnt realize that we have a legit top 4 with Dach Suzuki Slaf and Caufield. I think all 4 players got the chance to be PPG players or close.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
You think Suzuki and Slaf wont be similar caliber to Eichel and Stone in 2-3 years when we'll contend?? Suzuki is a notch below Eichel pts wise but he's got the edge on the defensive side and i would be very surprised if Slaf is not close to PPG in 2-3 yrs

Because of all the dark years we had offensively with this team i think people doesnt realize that we have a legit top 4 with Dach Suzuki Slaf and Caufield. I think all 4 players got the chance to be PPG players or close.
Eichel is awesome defensively, better than Suzuki in my opinion plus also his elite offense.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

No I don’t

I don’t think Suzuki is better defensively then Eichel and Stone is probably the best 2 way winger in the NHL what I don’t see Slaf being

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Big difference in doing it in 154 games on a team that compete then in 60 games
Suzuki played 71games this years not 60 and he played on a team that you had one line to cover. He doesnt strike me at all like the kind of player who's gonna fold when the games we'll be meaningfull its quite the opposite.. Anyway we'll see.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Suzuki played 71games this years not 60 and he played on a team that you had one line to cover. He doesnt strike me at all like the kind of player who's gonna fold when the games we'll be meaningfull its quite the opposite.. Anyway we'll see.
I don’t think Suzuki will fold on meaningful game either but it’s harder to produce when your a good team and other team are ready to face you then when your eliminated since the all star games and other doesn’t take you as seriously

Reactions: malcb33

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
As much as I appreciate Suzuki I don't think he's at the level of Aho, Hintz or Miller consistently right now. He could definitely take a step forward next year and reach that level, but I think those 3 are slightly better as of today.
When we played Carolina recently Suzuki made Aho his bitch.
Brind'Amour had to change up his match ups because of it.

Just Sayin'

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
When we played Carolina recently Suzuki made Aho his bitch.
Brind'Amour had to change up his match ups because of it.

Just Sayin'

I said "I don't think he's at the level of Aho, Hintz or Miller consistently right now". One game doesn't change that for me, but if you want to make up your mind about a player based on one game sample sizes, all power to you.

The Habs just beat the Avs, should Hugo sell the farm to compete next year too? Just sayin'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad