Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 11

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
FA0tK8wXIAQyLwM

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I love it because he is still following Habs real closely. He even met with Mysak this off-season and helped him with some pointers.
Yeah I remember hearing about him giving Mysak some pointers on faceoffs. A true Habs indeed, him and Markov are the lifers of their generation.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The future of this team really depends on if he can take another step offensively. Lots of people worried about the bottom two lines. I think the real question is if Suzuki stays as a two-way ~60 point centre or can he give us 70+

Reactions: Vachon23

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
The future of this team really depends on if he can take another step offensively. Lots of people worried about the bottom two lines. I think the real question is if Suzuki stays as a two-way ~60 point centre or can he give us 70+

I will be extremely surprised if he doesn't hit 70+. The entire organization is behind him, and he has a bunch of quality wingers to choose from to get this done. He also has a contract to play for.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I will be extremely surprised if he doesn't hit 70+. The entire organization is behind him, and he has a bunch of quality wingers to choose from to get this done. He also has a contract to play for.
I agree but I haven't loved the way he's looked in pre-season

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I have not that impressed with Suzuki's preseason. May be it's because he is missing Caufield. I don't think he can get 70+ this season. 60+ is more realistic.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree and he may turn it on in a week but you have to admit he hasn't looked right this year even vs what we saw last year

Suzuki will be fine but I've said it for a while now... we are pumping him up too much and when he don't produce according to those high expectations, we ask what's wrong? In the other thread (who gets more points... Suzuki vs Dvorak), some kept on trying to say he can drive a line by himself. Nonsense! He's very skilled with very good IQ and vision but talent needs to play with talent. Suzuki can't drive a line by himself and skate the puck from one end to the other. It's not his strength.

He has a ways to go yet to be a legit #1C. And I like him just as much as any other Habs fan. I just feel we are raising his bar of expectations on him too much.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Hopefully this happens and doesn’t extend into next off-season like other RFA’s this off-season.

Early-season prediction: Montreal takes a serious run at extending Nick Suzuki sooner, rather than later. No more offer-sheet games.

Reactions: Tuggy

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This kid is a gamer............he is going to be a great player for us this season.....Caufield on one side, and they will be money!!
As people have said, a smart player who plays a 200ft game.......
Faceoffs, now that's a different story....we better hire Carbo to help the kid! His faceoffs, need work...alot of work.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Suzuki will be fine but I've said it for a while now... we are pumping him up too much and when he don't produce according to those high expectations, we ask what's wrong? In the other thread (who gets more points... Suzuki vs Dvorak), some kept on trying to say he can drive a line by himself. Nonsense! He's very skilled with very good IQ and vision but talent needs to play with talent. Suzuki can't drive a line by himself and skate the puck from one end to the other. It's not his strength.

He has a ways to go yet to be a legit #1C. And I like him just as much as any other Habs fan. I just feel we are raising his bar of expectations on him too much.
Kind of agree. There is too much expectation on Suzuki. I just hope that he can continue his good playoff performance during the season.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Pre season……..:facepalm:
I know it's only Pre season. But Suzuki is a pro, he should played Pre season games the same way he is playing a regular NHL game. So far I only has concern, and I am not saying he will not performing well this season. The regular season will start soon and we will see how he play.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know it's only Pre season. But Suzuki is a pro, he should played Pre season games the same way he is playing a regular NHL game. So far I only has concern, and I am not saying he will not performing well this season. The regular season will start soon and we will see how he play.

there's a reason why vets don't go all out in preseason, the games are meaningless and it's a long, long season. Suzuki should coast in preseason games. I think the NHL should do away with preseason games anyway, they are pointless, maybe play 2 games and then start the season. Suzuki should be the last person we worry about.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
there's a reason why vets don't go all out in preseason, the games are meaningless and it's a long, long season. Suzuki should coast in preseason games. I think the NHL should do away with preseason games anyway, they are pointless, maybe play 2 games and then start the season. Suzuki should be the last person we worry about.

Exactly, can't believe there are worries about him based on pre-season games. :laugh:

If there's one player on the team we can expect to show up when it counts the most, it's him. There's a reason why he became the youngest player in the organization's history to wear a letter on his jersey and everyone respects that.

These two off-season quotes from his teammates pretty much sums it all:

"You look at our regular season at the end of the year, we were going through a tough time. You needed someone to step up and take charge, and it was him. Last year in the playoffs, same thing. He’s a guy who steps up, scores big goals. It’s something he’s done as long as he’s been playing hockey, something not everyone has.” - Gallagher

"Suzy is already like an experienced veteran, the way he plays and acts around the rink, he just gets it. I don’t look at age very much, I look at the way they act around the rink and Suzuki is the guy, the top dog for me, he just does well with everything. He handles all this adversity, and if we’re not doing well he just handles all of the criticism well too." - Evans

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Nonsense. Pre-season is extremely important team-wise and individually.
First off it's proven to cut down on injuries since it builds strength instead of just going all out the 1st game of the season, it allows players to showcase themselves and the vets get up to game speed. I only ever played baseball at a high level but as a pitcher spring training was paramount in every aspect and I'm sure hockey is the same way.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kind of agree. There is too much expectation on Suzuki. I just hope that he can continue his good playoff performance during the season.

He's going to be just fine as long as we are not expecting him to lead our team or even drive his line. Talent needs to play with talent and that applies to Suzuki as well.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Nonsense. Pre-season is extremely important team-wise and individually.
First off it's proven to cut down on injuries since it builds strength instead of just going all out the 1st game of the season, it allows players to showcase themselves and the vets get up to game speed. I only ever played baseball at a high level but as a pitcher spring training was paramount in every aspect and I'm sure hockey is the same way.
I think most NHL’ers would say that intensity goes up a notch when the regular season begins. It’s normal. The same thing happens going into the playoffs.

Still, players shouldn’t “coast” in the preseason.

Reactions: KotkaZuki

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I think most NHL’ers would say that intensity goes up a notch when the regular season begins. It’s normal. The same thing happens going into the playoffs.

Still, players shouldn’t “coast” in the preseason.
This, I'm a big suzuki fan but what he's shown me in pre-season has me worried will see a 3rd year slump from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad