Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 11

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If Suzuki continues this upward growth, with Slaf and CC getting better also, I honestly think 50 goals from Suzuki isn’t out of the realm of possibility. His shot is ridiculous.
50 is rich but I did say he had a 40G shot on draft day. Hes always had that ridiculous shot. Its crazy how good it is. He couldve made a career of just being a triggerman. Hes getting very confident in his shot now, and teams are noticing. Its incredibly hard to cover a guy that can beat you in every way at this high of a level.

Tools wise, hes the closest thing weve had to Kovalev. A+ puck handling, shooting and passing. Its amazing.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
50 is rich but I did say he had a 40G shot on draft day. Hes always had that ridiculous shot. Its crazy how good it is. He couldve made a career of just being a triggerman. Hes getting very confident in his shot now, and teams are noticing. Its incredibly hard to cover a guy that can beat you in every way at this high of a level.

Tools wise, hes the closest thing weve had to Kovalev. A+ puck handling, shooting and passing. Its amazing.
My friend, come on now. Kovalev and Suzuki are exactly zero alike apart from maybe the shot.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Unlike Kovalev, he shows up to play night in and night out; whereas Kovalev was temperamental and inconsistent. I would take peak Suz over peak Kovalev 10 out of 10 times. L'artiste may have been slightly more talented but he didn't bring it every game. Slick Nic does.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

His ability to find the open man is uncanny. Unfortunately far too often the open man was a lesser individual.
It's easy to see how much more production he could have on a better team. Our PP production isn't up to snuff.
Who remembers the 5 minutes we spent at 20%. :ha:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My friend, come on now. Kovalev and Suzuki are exactly zero alike apart from maybe the shot.
Of course you would say this, lol. But no, they are. Suzuki scores incredibly high on every single skill except size and skating. His hands are amazing, not on Kovalevs level, but amazing nonetheless. His shot is as good and his play making better.

The way him and Slaf exchange the puck, it really reminds me of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Reactions: nicehiss

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Unlike Kovalev, he shows up to play night in and night out; whereas Kovalev was temperamental and inconsistent. I would take peak Suz over peak Kovalev 10 out of 10 times. L'artiste may have been slightly more talented but he didn't bring it every game. Slick Nic does.
And Kovalev had zero defensive game, polar opposite for Suzuki.

It doesn’t matter how gifted you are offensively if the opposition comes close to matching / matches offensive outputs on your shifts

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
His ability to find the open man is uncanny. Unfortunately far too often the open man was a lesser individual.
It's easy to see how much more production he could have on a better team. Our PP production isn't up to snuff.
Who remembers the 5 minutes we spent at 20%. :ha:
The PP is actually where he produces the most, its at ES that the support is lacking IMO. As weve seen, unless he does it all himself like yesterday, he just doesn't pick up points there. Slaf is slowly changing that and Im here for it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Kovalev was one of the most skilled players ever. No question. But outside of 07-08 for us he was maddeningly inconsistent.

Taking Suzuki over him is a no brainer.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Of course you would say this, lol.
Yeah… because I watch hockey.
But no, they are. Suzuki scores incredibly high on every single skill except size and skating. His hands are amazing, not on Kovalevs level, but amazing nonetheless. His shot is as good and his play making better.

The way him and Slaf exchange the puck, it really reminds me of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.
One guy’s a steady two way player the other guy’s a dipsy doodler. Completely different guys.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The PP is actually where he produces the most, its at ES that the support is lacking IMO. As weve seen, unless he does it all himself like yesterday, he just doesn't pick up points there. Slaf is slowly changing that and Im here for it.
My point was how much MORE production would he have on a good PP not what he does have on a shit one.
And yes 5v5 is where the majority of his plays do not get converted.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Him Slaf and Guhle are gonna be a heck of a leadership group.
What about Logan “elite talent” Cooley? :sarcasm:

1711373038857.gif

Reactions: viceroy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What about Logan “elite talent” Cooley? :sarcasm:
Im sure the Coyotes are going to be fine with their 1st line center, just like us. Lets not forget Cooley is producint as much as Nick did in his rookie season, while being a year younger.
Let’s induct him now.
Having the talent =/= getting inducted.

Suzuki may have a Datsyuk like career. As great as Pavel was, he probably doesnt make it.

Not next season but possibly 25-26 we become perennial contenders for a decade give or take
1000008089.gif

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not next season but possibly 25-26 we become perennial contenders for a decade give or take
I think 25-26 is the soonest we make the playoffs. This draft is so important.

If we were to somehow win Cellebrini? I think that would put us over. At some point you’d have to think we’d win a cup.

Assuming we don’t win the lottery - and we very likely won’t - then we’d better get it right. Personally I’d try really hard to get an extra pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad