Nick Ritchie knocks out Rozsival (suspended 2 games)

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
:laugh:

People out here acting like Roszival Cooke'd a guy

No- Ritchie is a meathead idiot. End of story

People acting like Ritchie Bertuzzi'd a guy...

If you're gonna crosscheck a top player from behind hard enough to earn a penalty, and someone from the other team is coming after you, you probably shouldn't just stand there like an idiot sticking out your chin with your hands at your sides as he drops his gloves and punches you on the button.

And I can't stand the Ducks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Barbaric or not, you have to understand it has effect on future occurrences.

When you play this game at a high level, there's always a level of danger that you need to be aware of.... Richie reminded the league that if you touch the Ducks stars, your level for potential danger goes way up.

I don't have a problem with that... Some apparently do.

Your statement will be met with a

"perry is a big meanie and deserves it, wah wah wah wah... and wah"

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

If you're gonna crosscheck a top player from behind hard enough to earn a penalty, and someone from the other team is coming after you, you probably shouldn't just stand there like an idiot sticking out your chin with your hands at your sides as he drops his gloves and punches you on the button.

Thank you! I mean at least jarnkrok tried to run away from haley... roszival just stood there looking dumb.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Maybe because he wasn't expecting what happened for an innocuous cross-check that happens multiple times a game?

Its unfortunate that after such a long career he still had such poor on ice awareness. What did he think Richie came at him for? Looking for an explanation?

Richie takes no prisoners. I agree he jumped the gun a bit on this one and he'll pay for it... But everyone took notice, any bs towards a Ducks player will bring Richie to your door step.

I love that in a player, I love that in a teammate.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The teams been missing somebody to take dumb penalties over innocuous plays that happen every game and was perpetrated on a guy that does significantly worse often?

I'd say that's a good thing that you guys were missing it but hey if you want it...
It was a great penalty to take, and I'm glad he took it. The Hawks never threatened after that. The only sign of life they showed was tackling one of our rookie defensemen for no reason.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It's not Ritchie's fault Rosie stands there like a statue and refuses to stand up for himself. You crosscheked a guy in the back into the ice, you saw somebody coming to hold you accountable, and you decided to eat a punch.

That's on Rosie. Don't be a pansy.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Also, those videos are ridiculous. "He was an unwilling participant in a potential fight" :laugh:

So if a guy goons someone head-first in the boards, and then plays coy, and gets beaten up (rightfully) for it, the guy delivering accountability should get a suspension?

Bull.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Also, those videos are ridiculous. "He was an unwilling participant in a potential fight" :laugh:

So if a guy goons someone head-first in the boards, and then plays coy, and gets beaten up (rightfully) for it, the guy delivering accountability should get a suspension?

Bull.
Sean Avery basically built his career on that premise.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England

Bull.

He didn't send him into the boards. Invalidates your entire post. Jeez!

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
He buried him face first on a crosscheck in the back. Don't do that if you aren't ready to play physical hockey.

He hardly 'buried him', for ****s sack that happens how many times a game without that sort of stupidity following it?

Richie didn't even see what happened, that's what makes it a boneheaded play and deserving of a sit down for a couple of games.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He hardly 'buried him', for ****s sack that happens how many times a game without that sort of stupidity following it?

Richie didn't even see what happened, that's what makes it a boneheaded play and deserving of a sit down for a couple of games.

Cept that doesn't happen many times a game, if it did wed have a lot more cross checking crying threads.

Maybe a 1 hand off stick type version but not 2 hand on stick into lower back to a player that isn't aware you are coming.... anyone that's played hockey will tell you that is a pretty intentional/dirty play(not suspension)... its something perry would likely do which should tell you the type of play it is.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

I agree to an extent, but when you turn around and see your star player laying on the ice in pain, and the referees arm up, what would you assume? ... I assume player made an illegal play on my teammate, resulting in injury, and now he must pay.... You? Would you start asking questions?

Although he was tossed, I bet my left nut that every single Ducks player gave Richie at pat on the back after they returned to the room.... It's part of hockey, sorry if you don't like it?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Cept that doesn't happen many times a game, if it did wed have a lot more cross checking crying threads.

Maybe a 1 hand off stick type version but not 2 hand on stick into lower back to a player that isn't aware you are coming.... anyone that's played hockey will tell you that is a pretty intentional/dirty play(not suspension)... its something perry would likely do which should tell you the type of play it is.
I've been trying to figure out what the hell Hawks fans were crying about with Perry doing "worse" every game...is it the incident with Hartman? That was nothing. Hartman's an actor - humans don't fall to the ground gasping in agony when they get tapped on the arm. Sheesh.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I agree to an extent, but when you turn around and see your star player laying on the ice in pain, and the referees arm up, what would you assume? ... I assume player made an illegal play on my teammate, resulting in injury, and now he must pay.... You? Would you start asking questions?

Although he was tossed, I bet my left nut that every single Ducks player gave Richie at pat on the back after they returned to the room.... It's part of hockey, sorry if you don't like it?

Open an investigation. CSI Chicago.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

People acting like Perry got mcsorleyed...

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I'm not sure which is worse, hockey players or hockey fans overreacting about a crosscheck...

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
It was a great penalty to take, and I'm glad he took it. The Hawks never threatened after that. The only sign of life they showed was tackling one of our rookie defensemen for no reason.

yeah, sick intimidation. a hawks team resting half its starters didn't threaten, and it was all because of that caveman sucker punch. nailed it

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm not sure which is worse, hockey players or hockey fans overreacting about a crosscheck...

Atrocities, both of them. You don't want to live on this planet anymore etc...

yeah, sick intimidation. a hawks team resting half its starters didn't threaten, and it was all because of that caveman sucker punch. nailed it

All this post was missing was yet another mention of "meaningless." But, it was implied by your disdain for capitalization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad