Nick Ritchie knocks out Rozsival (suspended 2 games)

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Last edited by a moderator:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Watched the video a couple times. Don't see the problem? He dropped Perry and Ritchie went at him square on, he had plenty of time to get ready to fight. Wasn't a sucker punch.

Tootoo's 3rd man in is worse IMO

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
That's the kind of hockey he has to play , he got demoted this game and Corey Perry took a cheap cross check and Nick Ritchie knocked Rozsival out(literally). Don't f with the ducks league, RC hockey.

oook then. :rolleyes: :laugh:

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
when i saw the replay

in my head i heard fps doug go: "BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!!"

Rozsival got

guV6qPb.gif

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
Watched the video a couple times. Don't see the problem? He dropped Perry and Ritchie went at him square on, he had plenty of time to get ready to fight. Wasn't a sucker punch.

Tootoo's 3rd man in is worse IMO

I agree, I don't think it's a big deal.

Somewhat related, I love Ritchie. I hope he takes another step forward next year.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I mean, this is basically identical to the Haley-Jarnkrok incident. Haley was suspended 1 game, so Ritchie will probably get a game, too.

That is, assuming that the DOPS actually has some semblance of consistency in their verdicts... :help:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I assume hell get a game maybe 2 for it but def worth i in the league and hfboar standards

I think the ducks have given up on league protecting its players , and taking it into their own hands, good for them.. guessing a lot of this has to be a bit of fall out from nothing coming from the gio hit

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
still do not understand why ritchie got the ole heave hoe

dept. of player safety be like: "okay guise..... fightning is okay, but pls do not hurt no one alrgiht? okay i gotta go now. someone has a bridge they want to sell me"

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Love it from Ritchie!

That was a cheap play by Rozsival, maybe he thinks twice before drilling someone in the back with a cheap crosscheck again.

I have no problem with Ritchie sticking up for his teammate like that. If Rozsival doesn't want to drop his miss than he needs to keep his stick to himself and not drill one of the Ducks top players in the back with a wicked cross check.

What a wuss Rozsival is, he delivers that cross check then tries to run away :snakehead OWNED :laugh:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Love it from Ritchie!

That was a cheap play by Rozsival, maybe he thinks twice before drilling someone in the back with a cheap crosscheck again.

I have no problem with Ritchie sticking up for his teammate like that. If Rozsival doesn't want to drop his miss than he needs to keep his stick to himself and not drill one of the Ducks top players in the back with a wicked cross check.

What a wuss Rozsival is, he delivers that cross check then tries to run away :snakehead OWNED :laugh:

Oh the horror. Not as if Perry doesn't do something similar 4-5 times a game.

Ritchie should sit 3-4 games for that one. How can you just start throwing when a guy is standing there?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
There is no place in the game for cheap shots to the head.

I agree, but this doesnt qualify.

You cross check a star and a teamate comes at you face to face clearly displaying his intentions, if you don't protect yourself, you gets what coming to you.

two choices 1) don't waffle perry in the back or 2) if you do the notion that keeping your gloves on will please the protection fairy and that you can bask in her bubble of protection is a very very poor decision

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Is this different then what Michael Haley did two weeks ago?
Basically, no. I think the optics are a little better because he was standing up for a teammate, rather than getting payback himself, but it's not a significant difference. As a Ducks fan, I didn't like it when Haley did it, and I didn't like it from Ritchie.

Ritchie should sit 3-4 games for that one. How can you just start throwing when a guy is standing there?
With the Haley benchmark, there is no justification for 3-4 games.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
The overreactions from routine hits are getting out of hand. You can't just start throwing punches over a 2 minute minor cross check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad