Nick Ritchie knocks out Rozsival (suspended 2 games)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Cept that doesn't happen many times a game, if it did wed have a lot more cross checking crying threads.

Maybe a 1 hand off stick type version but not 2 hand on stick into lower back to a player that isn't aware you are coming.... anyone that's played hockey will tell you that is a pretty intentional/dirty play(not suspension)... its something perry would likely do which should tell you the type of play it is.

It happens all the time in games.

It happens to any offensive player standing in front of the opposing net. Or any player in the corner using his player to protect the puck. It was pretty routine.

The only reason it's even getting talked about is because of the overreaction by Ritchie.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yikes.

There's no need to act dense just to defend Rozsival, most here already admitted that Ritchie earned his vacation. You know damn well that if Ritchie had two-handed 'Kaner Bro!' and laid him out in that same manner, everyone would be up in arms, not sitting here calling it a routine innocuous play or whatever nonsense.

Ritchie has no history of this kind of thing since making the NHL last season. It's not like he's some loose cannon out there, even if you try to paint him that way.

And I don't see what Perry's rat status has to do with this at all. So what, you don't feel sorry for the guy, great. That doesn't undo the dirty cosscheck that Rozy threw. When Perry dishes out abuse he takes it back ten fold, and for the most part, isn't shy about facing the music if it comes his way. Rozy just decided to pull the same crap but then wet himself when it came time to face the consequences.

It's funny you think I have a dog in this fight

Punching a guy in the face for a standard cross check to a guy that probably earned it (and was 100% fine) is a preposterous overreaction. End of story.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People acting like Ritchie Bertuzzi'd a guy...

If you're gonna crosscheck a top player from behind hard enough to earn a penalty, and someone from the other team is coming after you, you probably shouldn't just stand there like an idiot sticking out your chin with your hands at your sides as he drops his gloves and punches you on the button.

And I can't stand the Ducks.

Nah.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You're really fired up about this. Mrs. Rozsival, is that you?

Not really fired up. I don't have a dog in the fight

I'm just not an idiot that thinks a routine cross check that Perry dishes out nightly is worthy of being knocked out. People justifying it are hypocritical as anything. They cry when perry gets crosschecked and applaud a KO but if somebody did that to perry for any of the ******* penalties he took they would cry even more

Sorry for responding to multiple people that responded to me. And then agreeing with following posts I agree with. ****in message boards man crazy how they work

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Proceeds to make 18 posts in a row.

I'm a Bruins fan. If anything I'd be salty about losing to the Hawks in the cup.

So try again, you look completely rational justifying a KO for a routine penalty that Perry takes a billion of a year

Pretty telling the only responses are a Mrs. roszival joke and another post with zero substance. Bringing out the intellectuals today

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I'm a Bruins fan. If anything I'd be salty about losing to the Hawks in the cup.

So try again, you look completely rational justifying a KO for a routine penalty that Perry takes a billion of a year

Pretty telling the only responses are a Mrs. roszival joke and another post with zero substance. Bringing out the intellectuals today

A Bruins fan whining about an overreaction.... That's rich.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Still any substance? No?

I'll check back later

(And it's not whining, it's pointing out the idiocy in thinking that was justified)

Live by the sword, right?

I apologize that this is a physical game, and every action of that nature is probably going to garner a reaction, but it is what it is. He saw Ritchie coming, and decided to stand around and take a punch. That's on him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Live by the sword, right?

I apologize that this is a physical game, and every action of that nature is probably going to garner a reaction, but it is what it is. He saw Ritchie coming, and decided to stand around and take a punch. That's on him.

Not true at all, if so more people would be suspended 2 games. That reaction is not common and should not be expected

But still keep trying to justify it! Looks good! Especially when Perry does that a million times a year. I'm sure if somebody suckered him you wouldn't whine about it at all

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Still any substance? No?

I'll check back later

(And it's not whining, it's pointing out the idiocy in thinking that was justified)

There was a series of events that culminated in Ritchie punching Rosz. Tootoo extracted his pound of flesh from Ritchie and Ritchie got suspended. What's all the crying about?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You guys can keep calling it whining or crying all you want, I'm not the one defending or justifying a moronic overreaction

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Not true at all, if so more people would be suspended 2 games. That reaction is not common and should not be expected

But still keep trying to justify it! Looks good! Especially when Perry does that a million times a year. I'm sure if somebody suckered him you wouldn't whine about it at all
Brother, you're rage posting in this thread, inventing things about Perry, deflecting with sarcasm...look around. You're missing a dog, because he's in the hunt.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
lol "rage posting"

Still premium substance guys!

Inventing things about Perry :laugh:

The guy is a noted ******* who uses his stick constantly. It would be like me saying you guys invent things about Marchand :laugh:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

I'm a Leafs fan... I don't care who suckers Perry. And it wasn't a sucker. Much like Jarnkrok, he saw it coming and chose to do nothing.

Your anger is blinding you.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean, I'm not angry. Unless calling people dumb for justifying that punch is "angry"

I consider it an unemotional statement of fact

Could give a rats ass about the two teams, or even the players involved. I actually want Ritchie on the Bruins. It doesn't make it alright. And the league didn't think it was.

There is no justification for hauling off on a guy over a 2 min minor that hurt nobody

Whatever, I've said my bit. You guys don't provide any substance so I'm done

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
lol "rage posting"

Still premium substance guys!

Inventing things about Perry :laugh:

The guy is a noted ******* who uses his stick constantly. It would be like me saying you guys invent things about Marchand :laugh:
Haha! It's so funny that you'd think that I'm rage posting just because I'm refreshing the page constantly and saying the same thing over and over, right guys?????

Yeah, you've never watched Perry. Give me a break. He gets punched in the face constantly, because that's what happens when you stick people. Jesus, go cry into a pillow already and forget this over happened.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Is that a factual number? cause I highly doubt its a million... and what you fail to mention is how often perry gets it in the crease or along the boards... he gets more then he gives that's for sure.

Perry literally gets sucker punched at least once a game, and that isn't an exaggeration... the difference is perry doesn't sit there with his hands on his side acting like he has no idea whats about to happen but has been in the nhl for a pretty long while.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I mean, I'm not angry. Unless calling people dumb for justifying that punch is "angry"

I consider it an unemotional statement of fact

Could give a rats ass about the two teams, or even the players involved. I actually want Ritchie on the Bruins. It doesn't make it alright. And the league didn't think it was.

There is no justification for hauling off on a guy over a 2 min minor that hurt nobody

Whatever, I've said my bit. You guys don't provide any substance so I'm done

Maybe tennis is more your game. Nobody hurts anyone there. Only handshakes and waves.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No it isn't what happens. That's why he got suspended

But again, responding to people responding to me is "rage posting" :laugh:

Seems like you're actually the one who is mad online judging by that last sentence sunshine

Just chill out man, it was dirty

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No it isn't what happens. That's why he got suspended

But again, responding to people responding to me is "rage posting" :laugh:

Seems like you're actually the one who is mad online judging by that last sentence sunshine

Just chill out man, it was dirty

He got suspended by a DoPS which is one of the biggest jokes in the nhl. I could honestly care less what they think is dirty and not dirty because half the time they are wrong.

Ritchie got the same amount of games as marchand who is a repeat offender and arguably the dirtiest player in the league, marchand didn't even get a playoff game..

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maybe that's because the incidents were different?

Wild logic I know.

Now I'm done for real bye bye

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad