Player Discussion Nick Ritchie Appreciation Thread

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Do we really need to be bumping threads like this when we already have 1000 new threads on the boards including the actual Ritchie trade thread?

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I guess in Boston's case, it could be possible that the two teams discussed Ritchie and Heinen (who I believe is rumored to be available). Though I will say from our perspective, although I like Heinen's upside as a playmaker, it seems as though he'd be another guy who plays a style lacking in urgency.

I sort of predicted this one in this thread back in October 2018.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
We’ve lost nothing. He’s didn’t bring anything that’s not replaceable. Jones and Comtois are big LWs just like Ritchie but are younger and don’t take stupid penalties
Been saying this for a while. Both Jones and Comtois bring the same level of physicality and can skate infinitely times better.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Been saying this for a while. Both Jones and Comtois bring the same level of physicality and can skate infinitely times better.
Both Jones and comtois can't fight for Jack shit. They won't be sticking up for anyone so there's a difference there.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We’ve lost nothing. He’s didn’t bring anything that’s not replaceable. Jones and Comtois are big LWs just like Ritchie but are younger and don’t take stupid penalties

Jones doesn't take stupid penalties? Are you sure about that?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Comtois at least wants to fight, Jones doesn’t want anything to do with fighting at the NHL level. Then again, Ritchie hasn’t fought in two years.
Comtois can't fight for Jack shit he'd get his ass kicked against almost anyone on any NHL roster. Trust me on that.

And to the other post Jones takes more stupid penalties than Ritchie did, that being said I'm not mad at all with the Ritchie trade.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Comtois can't fight for Jack shit he'd get his ass kicked against almost anyone on any NHL roster. Trust me on that.

That’s a pretty extreme take. Being 6’2 215 with a mean streak puts him ahead of at least half the leagues players in the modern soft NHL.

Not saying he is great at fighting, but he likes to do it and is big enough to be good at it. Hopefully he improves.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
That’s a pretty extreme take. Being 6’2 215 with a mean streak puts him ahead of at least half the leagues players in the modern soft NHL.

Not saying he is great at fighting, but he likes to do it and is big enough to be good at it. Hopefully he improves.
He doesn't like doing it. You should watch some San Diego games. He can't fight for shit.
A lot of player are big and don't fight/can't fight

Ritchie would end his career.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I’m surprised how rarely Jones actually fights now he’s in the NHL. I thought that he was going to bring that element when he came up but I think he’s only had one fight his entire time in professional hockey.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
He doesn't like doing it. You should watch some San Diego games. He can't fight for shit.
A lot of player are big and don't fight/can't fight

Ritchie would end his career.

If he didn’t like doing it he’d keep the gloves glued on like Jones does. I’ve seen all Comtois’ fights on hockeyfights.com. You are over exaggerating.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I’m surprised how rarely Jones actually fights now he’s in the NHL. I thought that he was going to bring that element when he came up but I think he’s only had one fight his entire time in professional hockey.

Yup

1 fight in 51 AHL games.
0 fights in 82 NHL games.

Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad