Player Discussion Nick Ritchie Appreciation Thread

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Hasn't been anything special, but has looked decent

Tough to judge when he's playing with arguably the two most disappointing players on the team

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
He's been alright even had some solid scoring chances while showing his size and toughness. He should prolly be down in San Diego instead of being on this cluster **** of a team

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I kind of hope he will get sent down at least for a while. I think he's been solid, he has proved he can play at this level. Now I want him to go back to dominate the AHL and get hungry to come back and show that he can light it up with the big boys too.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I don't think there's a reason to keep Ritchie (nor Sgarbossa) with the Ducks, as the team sucks this badly. Put them back to SD and have them dominate the AHL instead.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
He hasn't looked out of place for the last game or two, but there's no reason to mess with him with this tire fire of a season the Ducks are having. Send him down to SD to keep on getting big minutes, goals and PP time.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
He looks lost out there sometimes. What I mean by that is he gets in the way of our own guys a lot. I think that's just him getting use to the system and chemistry of the team.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
If they were to send Ritchie and/or Sgarbossa back to SD, who comes up to replace them? Not sure I want to keep ping-ponging Friberg this season with his waiver status. Nobody else in SD seems like they belong with the big club right now. Maybe we bring back Jackman?

Sure wish we had Wagner right now.

DaDucks*

Extending possessions from forechecking. Lead the team in shots and hits the last two games while playing an average of 13.5 minutes.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
If they were to send Ritchie and/or Sgarbossa back to SD, who comes up to replace them? Not sure I want to keep ping-ponging Friberg this season with his waiver status. Nobody else in SD seems like they belong with the big club right now. Maybe we bring back Jackman?

What really irks me about losing Wagner isn't that he was a top prospect with tremendous promise (a la Ritchie, Theodore, etc.), but that he was a more-than-serviceable 4th liner for this Ducks team. Waiving Wagner was to make room for Sgarbossa, likely under the presumption that keeping Ritchie with his C from San Diego would help translate his offense to the NHL? But Sgarbossa hasn't been used once, and Wagner is gone now. For what? Poor roster/asset management from what I can see, whether that be on Bob or Bruce's part (or, in my opinion, a dissonance in vision for the team between the two). This team has dug more than one hole for itself, and it's anxiety-inducing to consider what they'll do to get themselves up and out of the muck they've made of their season so far. :help:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's been decent. Could use some more AHL time but I don't think he's too out of his depth here.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He hasn't looked over his head here but I'd just as soon see him back in SD since his presence here is not make or break to the big club.

Last edited:

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Ritchie should get returned back to SD when the Ducks return to CA.

My hope for Ritchie was that he would get a few games to play at NHL game speed and return back to SD with some confidence and motivation to get back to the NHL ASAP. Unfortunately, Nick hasn't been able to find the scoresheet yet, and that was the primary team reason to bring him up. He didn't contribute much offensively but he didn't hurt the team either. The organization got a good luck at him over the last four games and it will help them to gauge his progress.

Let him return to SD and keep tearing things up down there and maybe bring him back for one or two more multigame stints later in the year as part of his development.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He's been decent. Could use some more AHL time but I don't think he's too out of his depth here.

I feel the same way, I certainly don't think he looks out of place. He hasn't had a big impact on the games he played, but we could say the the same about a lot of our forwards thus far. I think some more AHL time could be beneficial but I also won't complain if they decide to let the kid grow on the job. As a LW in our current lineup, it's not like he's really buried in terms of getting minutes, you can let him earn his ice time each night.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

Sekac and Thompson soon

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like he has played very well but like most of you, would prefer him tearing up the AHL and keep him away from the terrible situation the Ducks are in.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Sekac and Thompson soon

Not soon enough, we're likely looking at wasting what could be another slide year for Ritchie's ELC if they keep him up much longer, and sending him down brings me back to who replaces him?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
hes good enough for a 4th line spot for sure but thats not where i want him. dont see anything wrong with him going back down to the A when one of our forwards is back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->