Player Discussion Nick Ritchie Appreciation Thread

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's been better lately .. I just want to see him to do without kase because kase makes everyone better

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I actually think it works both ways.
Our top line was the only good line when kase was with Getzlaf, now our 2nd line is only line doing anything look at last night

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Our top line was the only good line when kase was with Getzlaf, now our 2nd line is only line doing anything look at last night
Except a lot of the great things that Ritchie has been associated with this season have involved things that he did, as opposed to it just being a case of being in the position to benefit from something that Kase had done.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
And, Kase was demoted because he wasn't playing well. Perked up alongside Ritchie, though. Hmm.
Also, it's not like there's anything wrong with being a complimentary winger. Silfverberg is pretty much that, and I'd be more than happy to find out that he's staying, regardless of him not being a self-starter.

Reactions: Getzmonster

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
And, Kase was demoted because he wasn't playing well. Perked up alongside Ritchie, though. Hmm.
Thats bullshit, he was "demoted" because its not rocket science Kase will make scoring chances with anyone, if you demote sprong or aberg or anyone else they would be useless without Getzlaf or Kase. Any line Kase is on creates chances he's our best winger this year and its not even close.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So would in a NHL 2014 redraft would all 4 of Ritchie/Montour/Petterssen/Kase be 1st round picks ?

From what i've seen the Pens really like how Petterssen plays, confirms my belief he'd be the 30th pick in a redraft thus meaning the Ducks have 4 players who'd be in the Top 30 of 2014 redraft.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So would in a NHL 2014 redraft would all 4 of Ritchie/Montour/Petterssen/Kase be 1st round picks ?

From what i've seen the Pens really like how Petterssen plays, confirms my belief he'd be the 30th pick in a redraft thus meaning the Ducks have 4 players who'd be in the Top 30 of 2014 redraft.

Certainly not Pettersson. Kase and Montour yes though. Richie maybe too.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
There is no way in hell Pettersson would be a first rounder

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Thats bull****, he was "demoted" because its not rocket science Kase will make scoring chances with anyone, if you demote sprong or aberg or anyone else they would be useless without Getzlaf or Kase. Any line Kase is on creates chances he's our best winger this year and its not even close.
Nope. He was moved away from getz and tougher checking D because he was doing nothing, especially with Aberg on the other side. Ritchie buys him space, which he needs.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

I think you’re still 2-3 years early for a meaningful redraft. Power forwards are in the first year of eligibility, college kids may just be out, and it’s still early for a lot of defensemen - Manson wasn’t significantly playing until 4 years after his draft, and would get a significant bump over where he would be then 2-3 years later.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Thats bull****, he was "demoted" because its not rocket science Kase will make scoring chances with anyone, if you demote sprong or aberg or anyone else they would be useless without Getzlaf or Kase. Any line Kase is on creates chances he's our best winger this year and its not even close.
Kase has also not been producing. 0 points in the last 3 games before Arizona, and Ritchie was the reason that line was productive that night, not Kase. Aberg has also skated hard and created offense regardless of where he’s been put all season, he’s the epitome of a player who’s been taking demotions the right way with Anaheim. He’s also a 2nd liner (as is Kase) and people don’t seem to get that means A point every other game is the average production for these guys. Most first liners don’t hit PPG any more. I personally think Sprong looked significantly better away from the checking lines Getzlaf faces. I get wanting him to get the crazy passes from Getzlaf to shoot, but he can’t cycle against those matchups, so the pass never comes (Getzlaf is too slow/methodical). Save him for the PP. if they really want Sprong up there it would have to be with Kase or Ritchie (if this play maintains) to let a cycle happen long enough for him to be in position for the shot IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul4587

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Kase has also not been producing. 0 points in the last 3 games before Arizona, and Ritchie was the reason that line was productive that night, not Kase. Aberg has also skated hard and created offense regardless of where he’s been put all season, he’s the epitome of a player who’s been taking demotions the right way with Anaheim. He’s also a 2nd liner (as is Kase) and people don’t seem to get that means A point every other game is the average production for these guys. Most first liners don’t hit PPG any more. I personally think Sprong looked significantly better away from the checking lines Getzlaf faces. I get wanting him to get the crazy passes from Getzlaf to shoot, but he can’t cycle against this matchups, so the pass never comes (Getzlaf is too slow/methodical). Save him for the PP. if they really want Sprong up there it would have to be with Kase or Ritchie (if this play maintains) to let a cycle happen long enough for him to be in position for the shot IMO.

I think the biggest hinderence to Getzlaf is that there are limited wingers who play his preferred style of cycle game. Now Getzlaf is great, so he’s still finding new ways to produce. IMO missing Rakell really hurts Getzlaf because for all his faults Ricky can be damn good along the boards, finding pockets of space and in the cycle game. I’d be interested in seeing what Getzlaf and Ritchie can do on a line together at some point this season.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Ritchie Getz and Rakell should be good together. If nothing else Ritchie can learn to play along the boards because Getzlaf plays a ton along the boards. That's one of Ritchies weaknesses.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'd leave Ritchie and Kase together. They just have great chemistry.
They definitely play well together so cant really argue much with that. I think it would be an interesting experiment to put Ritchie with Getzlaf and good for Ritchies development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->