Prospect Info: Nick Paul

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
6'3 230 pounds!

Dzingel & Paul vs Dizzy & McCormick

;)

How did the other two get called up first... Seriously. With the way Scheider and Odell have produced makes me think they are probably better than a few players on this team... Chia...ssssss

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
6'3 230 pounds!

Dzingel & Paul vs Dizzy & McCormick

;)

Forwards next year could look like

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Dzingel - Zibanejad - Lazar
Smith - Paul - McCormick
Prince

Prince needs a decision as to where/if he fits
Neil, Chiasson not renewed/traded
Puempel, Schneider need decisions
Perron, Chlapik, Gagne added to AHL
White is not rushed

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Unless its a massive return you don't trade on of your top prospects.

....do we really consider Paul a top prospect?

He kinda looks like a lunchpail 3rd line guy, to me. He might break into the top 6, but I don't see any big point totals in his NHL future.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Paul has been playing well so far. But if he's part of a trade for Drouin the. Murray should absolutely do it. You don't often get the opportunity to get a talented player like Drouin. Obviously Sens would need to ad but maybe Paul, Wiercioch & a lottery protected 1st? One can only wish that's all it'd taken

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Smith - Paul - McCormick
Prince

White is not rushed
He is resigned to a 2 year 2 way deal .He either is willing to fight it out for a spot or he is moved along ,he really has been unimpressive tbh

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Noticing when Paul is on the ice the offensive blue paint always seems to be a busy area. Pucks and lots of bodies end up there. Like his game. The exact type of player we need to round out a solid checking line

Paul - White - Lazar

Will be one of the best Eastern Conference lines in 2 years. The Selke line

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
I would be floored if they trade Paul. He's not particulary quick, but perhaps there is some room to improve there. More than anything, he uses his size in a way that we continually hope for Zbane to do and he clearly has offensive skill. Paul was the gem of the Spezza trade at the time and he's adjusting well.

Whether it be at centre or left wing, you don't trade a guy with his size and skill at this juncture. And, if you do, it better be for more than Drouin.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I like him. Big guy with jump. And some strength. Yup I like him.
Him and dzingel best of the call ups.

Ok, so you're telling me that if we call up player who got talent and work hard, we are going to have better result than if we recall grinder who work hard..

It look like something DC doesn't get.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Smith - Paul - McCormick
Prince

White is not rushed

Don't believe for a moment that JGP is going to be the #2 center behind Turris.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
He is resigned to a 2 year 2 way deal .He either is willing to fight it out for a spot or he is moved along ,he really has been unimpressive tbh

Prince did his job on the 4th line and while he didn't have much luck producing with his limited opportunities in the top six, he showed good offensive instincts.

The problem for Prince, unless he is scoring he is just another smaller forward on a team that could use a little more size or physical presence in the forward group.

Couple this with the fact Puempel should be ready to challenge for a spot next year and with his additional size likely is the better option long term for the Sens.

IMO Prince is likely traded by the deadline or at the draft.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Prince did his job on the 4th line and while he didn't have much luck producing with his limited opportunities in the top six, he showed good offensive instincts.

The problem for Prince, unless he is scoring he is just another smaller forward on a team that could use a little more size or physical presence in the forward group.

Couple this with the fact Puempel should be ready to challenge for a spot next year and with his additional size likely is the better option long term for the Sens.

IMO Prince is likely traded by the deadline or at the draft.
Pretty fair assessment ,i just find he overhandles the puck without ever doing much with it.He needs to become much more decisive in all three zones .With the puck and without it

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Don't believe for a moment that JGP is going to be the #2 center behind Turris.

Flip them as you want. Its still a good line-up. Biggest issues are the ones at the bottom. I like the 4th line very much.

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Lazar
Smith - Paul - McCormick
Prince

Could also flip Zibanejad and Turris in this scenario. 1A & 1B

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If Ottawa is trading Lazar/Paul and a first round pick as some think there would have to be more coming back.

How much more. Paul and a first for drouin is quite fair. For us. Tampa won't like it.

B prospect and a first for an A arguably A+ prospect? Please.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would be floored if they trade Paul. He's not particulary quick, but perhaps there is some room to improve there. More than anything, he uses his size in a way that we continually hope for Zbane to do and he clearly has offensive skill. Paul was the gem of the Spezza trade at the time and he's adjusting well.

Whether it be at centre or left wing, you don't trade a guy with his size and skill at this juncture. And, if you do, it better be for more than Drouin.

Well spezza for Chiasson guptill 2nd and drouin sounds aaaaalllooooooootttt better

That's if paul is involved in a drouin trade.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Wait, are you saying paul is more valuable than drouin?

You make that trade 10 times out of 10.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Wait, are you saying paul is more valuable than drouin?

You make that trade 10 times out of 10.

Seriously the kid just got drafted two years ago. I would trade paul for a top 3 this year. Or next year. Or last year. Or two years ago. Or three years ago. Drouin has not done anything for anyone to say "maybe he shouldn't have been also has a high pick"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad