Prospect Info: Nick Paul

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
watching the battlion game today and was very very impressed by the play of Nick Paul. Scored two beauty goal, and stats looking good.

6.3" 220 LW b. mar 20 1995

GP 14 G 12 A 5 P 17 PIM 20

hope to take in a game this winter when I am up in the bay...

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Battalion come back from 5-2 down to win 8-5 with Nick Paul scoring number 8 into the empty net!!

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
He's no 3 PPG McDavid, but he looks great so far this year. ;) Big body, good skater and strong on the puck. Definitely fits into the mold of this team.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He's no 3 PPG McDavid, but he looks great so far this year. ;) Big body, good skater and strong on the puck. Definitely fits into the mold of this team.

3 goals is good enough
1 goal behind mcdavid overall

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
His first goal today was pure beauty, 1 on 2 with a guy chasing him he beat the D with a quick move and went upstairs.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
LW eh? I wonder why they don't have him at center? Either way I believe he's a huge peice if this team going forward.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He is nowhere near a lock to make the team, even with his strong start.

He also hasn't regressed in the slightest since the summer dev camp, and he was one of the standouts there.

He has a very, very good chance to make it if he continues with his strong play.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He also hasn't regressed in the slightest since the summer dev camp, and he was one of the standouts there.

He has a very, very good chance to make it if he continues with his strong play.

He certainly hasn't. He has been fantastic this year, as have ~20 other guys this season.

We all were planning on watching Ceci and Puempel as well. There seems to be no method to Hockey Canada's madness sometimes. Paul is playing better than those guys were no doubt, but if there is one thing that we should have learned over the last 10 years, the hype train many of us create for our prospect is huge, and we almost always put the wagon before the horse.

I think Paul will end up on the team as well if he keeps it up, but he is certainly not a lock to be there.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Someone who already knows how to play strong team defense as a winger... AND scores goals in that Butler system... AND has the size/speed package he has... they'd be crazy to keep him off.

Sadly though, I agree with the poster that said he's not a lock for the team. I get the feeling these rosters are 90% filled before the summer camp and only exceptional events change minds.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Someone who already knows how to play strong team defense as a winger... AND scores goals in that Butler system... AND has the size/speed package he has... they'd be crazy to keep him off.

Sadly though, I agree with the poster that said he's not a lock for the team. I get the feeling these rosters are 90% filled before the summer camp and only exceptional events change minds.

I think Paul will be there in the end, but he will have played his way on. He is not one of the 15 guys we can say will be there for sure, he will have earned his right to wear the jersey.

He is playing his way on as an unexpected low pick, Ceci and Puempel played their way off as expected high picks.

Not enough can be said about the points in Brampton/North Bay system. Have to go back to Cody Hodgson 6-7 years ago to see a point producer, Matt Duchene notwithstanding.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I look at the Spezza trade as a positive and I can't wait to see who we get with the extra 2nd Round Pick

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Hockey Canada is incapable of putting together a good team for the WJC

It's all politics now that the tournament has gotten to be popular

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Hockey Canada is incapable of putting together a good team for the WJC

It's all politics now that the tournament has gotten to be popular

Bingo.

For the last 5 years, they've become the Kevin Lowe Management Team. Believing they know better than everyone else and taking players based on favorites rather than actual skill.

Every year, these morons find new ways of messing up the roster. Last year, it was the plugs they chose as goalies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He certainly hasn't. He has been fantastic this year, as have ~20 other guys this season.

We all were planning on watching Ceci and Puempel as well. There seems to be no method to Hockey Canada's madness sometimes. Paul is playing better than those guys were no doubt, but if there is one thing that we should have learned over the last 10 years, the hype train many of us create for our prospect is huge, and we almost always put the wagon before the horse.

I think Paul will end up on the team as well if he keeps it up, but he is certainly not a lock to be there.

He's not a lock by any means, but I think most if us can at least agree that Paul's chance of making it seems greater than the chance of him being cut, at this point in time.

Not only that, but along with his good start and the impression he's made on them so far, he fitts the exact mold of guys that they like to bring along.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make it personally.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
He seems at the point where mark stone was the year he made it.

A later round pick impressing at NHL camp and summer WJC camp and taking that into the season.

It didn't take long until the eval camp for it to seem as though stone went into camp as a guy they had on the roster. Could easily be the case with Paul as well.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don't understand the hockey canada hate....Canada has dominated this tournament for a solid stretch then hit a bit of a bump. There haven't been that many great canadian goalies which have come through and you can see they have tried to add the best players avaliable but remember they are making a team and there are just so many players with similar skill sets and you can't take them all

I remember people being angry that they didn't take younger guys who were better in the CHL then they took Mckinnon and he was okay but not dominant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad