Confirmed with Link: Nick Paul signs 2 year deal (1.35M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I am sure he would be slated to start in Belleville... to learn the structure and to see what his pace is like... We have him.. I would not have picked him there but we will have to see how he translates from being an older monster in junior to the pro level
yeah doubt he has an impact at the nhl level at least not this year. Don't want to sound to pessimistic on the guy, but those picks rarely work out. of course i'm cheering for him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Again? What moves of the Sens do you actually like?

These

giphy.gif

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They back loaded his contract yes one even this small lol
Thats good for him if hockey comes back to normal in the following season.

Great signing still room to improve. Love how these big fellas have the long development curves.

Logan Brown, you're up!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Jarventie is an August BD I believe... He just turned 18... better chance for him to go boom imho. Sokolov may be that late bloomer hidden gem .. we shall see. I am skeptical of the double over ager shining in the CHL. I also think I would be more positive on Sokolov if we didn't draft 2 more of them.
Big player longer development curve, birthdate is overated. Development isnt linear, he is probably behind some 17 year olds that were pickedthis year. Cant teach those hands, size and offensive instincts. He was a beast in the wjc, far more impressive than most 19 year olds who were drafted way ahead of him. If he can keep up he is gonna be a player. Love the pick. Right in Manns back yard, i trust him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Is that Marco Rossi?

No idea but he's a Sens fan so personally, I liked those moves :sarcasm:

Decent signing, Paul was great defensively and if he stays in the bottom 6 he'll be worth that contract

Does that mean that if he becomes top-6, he won't be worth it anymore? :sarcasm:

Seriously, Paul plays the right way, he's the exact type of player you need in your bottom-6. There's so much parity in the NHL today that you need quality all over the line-up.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I like this kid. He just needs to keep bringing his “A” game to the rink every night to earn more trust and ice time. IMO his game has room to grow and he will surprise some people.

Reactions: bert

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The players probably prefer it because they're more likely to get the season after next paid in full compared to the upcoming season.

Plus players are going to take a hit on next years salaries through escrow or their % of HHR. It is to their benefit to push the money further away from COVID.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Jarventie is an August BD I believe... He just turned 18... better chance for him to go boom imho. Sokolov may be that late bloomer hidden gem .. we shall see. I am skeptical of the double over ager shining in the CHL. I also think I would be more positive on Sokolov if we didn't draft 2 more of them.

Agreed on Sokolov. Remember Brett Leason from last year? Dominant in the W as a 20 year old and was out of his league in his first AHL season. Not to say he won't figure out the pro game but he's far from an NHL player at this point.

I expect Sokolov to struggle in a similar way. From what I've seen I like Sokolov's game better than Leason's though.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I like this signing. Paul has worked his butt off and has turned into a good bottom 6 player. He actually has good hands too, so he might be able to move up the lineup.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Reminds me of Hoffman. So many had given up on him while Dorion was a staunch defender of him and next thing you know he's scoring 25-30 a season on the 3rd line.
They liked Hoffman so much they waived him! Didn't they waive Paul as well at some point?

Reactions: Icelevel

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
They liked Hoffman so much they waived him! Didn't they waive Paul as well at some point?
They did, but it came at a time he was almost guaranteed to pass through waivers and iirc I don't believe Dorion was the GM at the time. I am specifically referring to interviews with Dorion (likely as AGM or head scout at the time) on Sens TV and TSN 1200 where he would single Hoffman out as a guy people were significantly underrating and would be a high end player one day. He was a big fan and didn't come off like the typical prospect cheer leading.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Paul-Brown-Batherson please.
Paul - Chlapik - Watson as a 4th line just makes too much sense to me. All big, all can skate, all play with a bit (or a lot) of edge, and I think they could be a very good puck possession bottom 6 trio (although honestly not so familiar with Watson’s puck play, I know Chlapik and Paul can excel in that facet of the game)

Reactions: bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Paul - Chlapik - Watson as a 4th line just makes too much sense to me. All big, all can skate, all play with a bit (or a lot) of edge, and I think they could be a very good puck possession bottom 6 trio (although honestly not so familiar with Watson’s puck play, I know Chlapik and Paul can excel in that facet of the game)
That is an excellent line whether 3rd or 4th doesn’t matter. They might even put up close to 30 goals in a full season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They should consider moving Paul into the centre spot at some future point, maybe near the end of the season when they have moved out a number of the UFAs.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad