Confirmed with Link: Nick Paul signs 2 year deal (1.35M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So now we know why DJ liked paul so much. He’s 6’4”.
Thought it was his play.

Not against size myself. I’m a fan of Paul.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
"The Ottawa Senators have signed forward Nick Paul to a two-year contract, the team announced Wednesday. The deal carries an average annual value of $1.35 million, with Paul receiving $1.2 million during the 2020-21 season and $1.5 million in 2021-22." Did not see the details here so I copied and pasted them. :)

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good signing. I wonder if they will try him at 4th line centre at some point this yr or just keep him on the wing & let him take the occasional faceoff?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Be cool to see Paul - Brown - Batherson for a bit at least
It's a line that had some good success in Belleville, it would definitely be interesting to see what they could do at the NHL level. And they have plenty of other players that could make up other decent lines. Would also be interested to see how Sokolov turns out for them & whether he makes it to Ottawa this coming season or spends it in Belleville. He's another guy who could add some offence to a line, would love to see him play with Norris & Formenton to create another potential very good line.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's a line that had some good success in Belleville, it would definitely be interesting to see what they could do at the NHL level. And they have plenty of other players that could make up other decent lines. Would also be interested to see how Sokolov turns out for them & whether he makes it to Ottawa this coming season or spends it in Belleville. He's another guy who could add some offence to a line, would love to see him play with Norris & Formenton to create another potential very good line.

I am sure he would be slated to start in Belleville... to learn the structure and to see what his pace is like... We have him.. I would not have picked him there but we will have to see how he translates from being an older monster in junior to the pro level

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I am sure he would be slated to start in Belleville... to learn the structure and to see what his pace is like... We have him.. I would not have picked him there but we will have to see how he translates from being an older monster in junior to the pro level
If the reports from @BondraTime are correct about losing a bunch of weight and really improving his skating, we might have something with Solokov. Good boom or bust pick just as Jarventie is a great boom or bust pick. God I hope 1 goes boom.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the reports from @BondraTime are correct about losing a bunch of weight and really improving his skating, we might have something with Solokov. Good boom or bust pick just as Jarventie is a great boom or bust pick. God I hope 1 goes boom.

Jarventie is an August BD I believe... He just turned 18... better chance for him to go boom imho. Sokolov may be that late bloomer hidden gem .. we shall see. I am skeptical of the double over ager shining in the CHL. I also think I would be more positive on Sokolov if we didn't draft 2 more of them.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Jarventie is an August BD I believe... He just turned 18... better chance for him to go boom imho. Sokolov may be that late bloomer hidden gem .. we shall see. I am skeptical of the double over ager shining in the CHL. I also think I would be more positive on Sokolov if we didn't draft 2 more of them.
Everything after him really makes me question our scouting staff.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad