tenor.gif

Nick Paul when the game starts.
tenor.gif

Nick Paul on his first shift.
God%2Bof%2BWar%2B3.gif
Double like for GOW gifs

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Paul has way better hands than I ever envisioned. His confidence handling the puck has gone up substantially this year.

It was looking like that would translate to more points early in the season...hopefully he can find a way to get some pucks on the net to use that laser wrister. Right now he is on the perimeter most of the time.

Reactions: DJB

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
What a gem. Real leader, him and Brady are great yin and yang leaders to the team in personality but not in style. Both strong on the puck, hunt for hard hits, work their asses off, never give up on plays.

Really deserves the A.

Boy was I wrong when we traded Spezza for him.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Glue guy. Overpayment incoming.

He doesn't really have the numbers to justify it.

A guy like Nick Paul is valuable because I think his value isn't something that is easily quantifiable which is ultimately to his detriment and to our benefit.

We don't want everyone on this team to score 20 goals because we can't afford it.

I still think he could score a big goal in a playoff series and cause havoc for a relatively cheap price.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What a gem. Real leader, him and Brady are great yin and yang leaders to the team in personality but not in style. Both strong on the puck, hunt for hard hits, work their asses off, never give up on plays.

Really deserves the A.

Boy was I wrong when we traded Spezza for him.

Personally I'd like to see:

C - Brady Tkachuk
A - Thomas Chabot
A - Connor Brown

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Paul will get overpaid compared to his offensive stats, I'm sure.

His big value is his size and skating combination. He can be a real handful and is definitely the type of player you want as a depth guy on a playoff team.

You aim to have cheap ELCs and a couple of bargain contracts on your team so that you can (relatively) overpay guys like Paul. It's also why you need to be willing to spend in cap and real money if you are serious about winning. You can't replace these type of players that easily so you need to be willing to spend to keep them.

Reactions: topshelf15

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Paul is really becoming a little like an Alex Tuch-lite for us which is a huge win.

Hopefully he can take another step forward next year and really dominant the 3rd line matchups.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
We have him signed until next year. However, we should extend him for a short term deal. He is locker room glue. He's big, strong, entering his prime and I believe the guys on the team love him.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I would be happy to resign him for 3 x 2.5M either this offseason during the season, or if he goes on a good run to start next season maybe move him for a playoff contenders first

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
As much as I've defended Paul through the years, we should be careful not overpaying or overplaying him. We need to get to a point where he's on our 4th line and ultimately a bit player, and he should be paid as such, no more. Our budget is limited and we need to pay our top guys.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
What is really a price for him though?? Think we give him term ,with decent salary say 2 to 2.3 ..for 4 or 5 years
if he makes more than Watson (or a little more) then I'm happy. Comparable players for the most part. And anything he brings should i say again SHOULD be something we have in Belleville if not then you don't pay a guy for solely character and not end up in caphell. Look at Edmonton and Vancouver right now

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
As much as I've defended Paul through the years, we should be careful not overpaying or overplaying him. We need to get to a point where he's on our 4th line and ultimately a bit player, and he should be paid as such, no more. Our budget is limited and we need to pay our top guys.

If we don't overpay how will he be able to pay for the penis reduction surgery he needs ?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
if he makes more than Watson (or a little more) then I'm happy. Comparable players for the most part. And anything he brings should i say again SHOULD be something we have in Belleville if not then you don't pay a guy for solely character and not end up in caphell. Look at Edmonton and Vancouver right now
Edmonton,s problem is that they actually lack good 3/4 line players though

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I think Paul's a better player than Watson but his role isn't, or shouldn't be, much more than Watson's. He's got better puck skills and plays a better defensive game than Watson, IMO. That makes him more suitable to move up the lineup in case of injuries, struggling players, etc., so I'm OK with the guy getting anything from $2.% M down, depending on the term.

Ideally you've got a guy like Nick Paul on your 4th line. I prefer him to Watson in that role and I think he gives us more flexibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad