Value of: Nick Jensen

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I don't want Jensen at all, literally not one bit

Then waste your time elsewhere, and let people who are interested in discussing it, do so in peace. He's a decent D man, would be an improvement by a margin over Zaitsev, and wouldn't cost a great deal.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
While I'm not against getting those guys, we wouldn't be trading Bracco in it. I see Bracco as the eventual replacement for Nylander as 3RW. We'd prefer to dump Zaitsev with that pick if possible too.

How about

Glendening + Jensen

For

2nd + ?????/Brown + Zaitsev (cap dump)

No team wants Zaitsev the only way he gets dumped is to a team who needs the contract to reach the cap floor. Too many years on his contract left at what 4.75 million???

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Then waste your time elsewhere, and let people who are interested in discussing it, do so in peace. He's a decent D man, would be an improvement by a margin over Zaitsev, and wouldn't cost a great deal.

He wouldn't make a difference here, at least not this season I could see him being a UFA signing to replace Hainsey, but as of today you got Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott Gardiner, Hainsey and Zaitsev I'm not sure who he plays above.

He's not playing above Rielly, Muzzin, Gardiner, or Dermott, and Babcock LOVES him some Zaitsev and Hainsey in his life, so I'm not sure where Jensen would even play

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I don't want Jensen at all, literally not one bit

Why are you the way that you are?

giphy.gif

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He wouldn't make a difference here, at least not this season I could see him being a UFA signing to replace Hainsey, but as of today you got Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott Gardiner, Hainsey and Zaitsev I'm not sure who he plays above.

He's not playing above Rielly, Muzzin, Gardiner, or Dermott, and Babcock LOVES him some Zaitsev and Hainsey in his life, so I'm not sure where Jensen would even play

He plays above Zaitsev... Zaitsev gets moved. Now you know, and can be sure.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I’d be willing to give up Leafs 2nd, Ian Scott (Detroit needs Goaltending prospects) and Bracco for Glendening at 50% retained and Jensen. It’s the two pieces that could put the Leafs over the top. It’s not a high price at all and gives them one of the top bottom 6 Cs in the game and a very, very underrated RHD who can play up and down the lineup. Bracco is what he is and you just never know with Goaltenders. He looks good now but in two years? Who knows.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
No team wants Zaitsev the only way he gets dumped is to a team who needs the contract to reach the cap floor. Too many years on his contract left at what 4.75 million???

I realize hes a hard to move contract, I thought your team was rebuilding and would take a bad contract for picks/young players. I think he's 4.5 million which isn't much different. The length is pretty long though 5 more seasons.

I just threw Brown out there off the top of my head after writing ?????. I just said I didnt wanna move Bracco. Could potentially be almost any prospect aside from Sandin and Liljegren.

I mainly picked him as hes a young nhl caliber player

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I realize hes a hard to move contract, I thought your team was rebuilding and would take a bad contract for picks/young players. I think he's 4.5 million which isn't much different. The length is pretty long though 5 more seasons.

I just threw Brown out there off the top of my head after writing ?????. I just said I didnt wanna move Bracco. Could potentially be almost any prospect aside from Sandin and Liljegren.

I mainly picked him as hes a young nhl caliber player

Like how your team picked up long term contracts when they started rebuilding?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I’d be willing to give up Leafs 2nd, Ian Scott (Detroit needs Goaltending prospects) and Bracco for Glendening at 50% retained and Jensen. It’s the two pieces that could put the Leafs over the top. It’s not a high price at all and gives them one of the top bottom 6 Cs in the game and a very, very underrated RHD who can play up and down the lineup. Bracco is what he is and you just never know with Goaltenders. He looks good now but in two years? Who knows.

Bracco is our 3rd best prospect he shouldn't go for a #4 center and a #5 D man

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I'm sold on Glendening (50% retained) for a 2020 2nd rd. pick

A depth player as good as Glendening for that cap hit through the Leafs cap crunch would be of value.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I'm sold on Glendening (50% retained) for a 2020 2nd rd. pick

A depth player as good as Glendening for that cap hit through the Leafs cap crunch would be of value.

No thanks. Toronto would have to pay something for retention.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why are you the way that you are?

giphy.gif

Because if a move is made I want it to be real, I want it to matter, I want it to count.

That doesn't mean it has to be a star, a guy like Luke Glendening is real, he matters, he counts, because Glendening is a real and substantial upgrade on both Lindholm and Gauthier, who give you nothing, zero zilch.

But Jensen isn't real he doesn't matter he doesn't count

.Is Niklas Jensen better than any of Rielly, Muzzin, Gardiner, or Dermott? The answer is no, so then he's not a difference maker.

I would rather pay more for a Gudas or a Pesche, or a Hamilton because those guys matter, they would make a difference to the D core
A difference Jensen can't make.

As I said I could see him being a UFA signing to replace Hainsey in the summer and that's fine that's perfect but every team has limited assets to trade, and giving a portion of those assets for Jensen? I think we can do better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad