Value of: Nick Jensen

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
So, what is Detroit's asking price for Nick Jensen? I know there are reports saying Detroit is trying to re-sign him but I'm not sure how accurate those are or if they are just trying to drive up his asking price.

He seems like a decent enough #4-5 D on a contender who can kill penalties and help drive play at even strength. I'd like Washington to target a guy like Jensen because Madison Bowey just doesn't seem cut out for NHL duty and Niskanen's play has fallen off a cliff the past year, so they need help at RD.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Realistically, his value to Detroit is far more than his value on the trade market.

I'm not saying he's defense Jesus. I'm just saying he adds to our team in a way most people wont pay for. Not yet anyways.

Reactions: WingsFanInExile

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I think they are targeting the Smith return of a 2nd + 3rd. I will not be surprised if they get it

Reactions: _Del_

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'd expect his return to be a little better than Brendan Smith. Recently Scotty Bowman said some glowing things about Jensen, singled him out on broadcast to mention how solid he is. He didn't mention any other player in that game... not even Larkin. Just Jensen.

Also Ken Hitcock (I think it was him) was doing an intermission and was glowing about Nick Jensen's play - he wanted to talk about how impressive he [Jensen] is.

I think hockey minds around the NHL really appreciate Nick Jensen way more than your average run-of-the-mill HFboards armchair GM.

Reactions: Hronek

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
I'd expect his return to be a little better than Brendan Smith. Recently Scotty Bowman said some glowing things about Jensen, singled him out on broadcast to mention how solid he is. He didn't mention any other player in that game... not even Larkin. Just Jensen.

Also Ken Hitcock (I think it was him) was doing an intermission and was glowing about Nick Jensen's play - he wanted to talk about how impressive he [Jensen] is.

I think hockey minds around the NHL really appreciate Nick Jensen way more than your average run-of-the-mill HFboards armchair GM.

Jensen to Toronto for 2nd rd pick and Bracco

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I've got a weird feeling that Jensen is going to somehow get a 1st rounder.

While Nyquist only returns a 3rd/4th rounder (and therefore re-signs) and Howard doesn't get any offers. This goes back to the Brendan Smith and Vanek trades and comparing to this years market. Also, Jensen is 10x's the player Smith was.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Include him in a deal with Nyquist and send them to Dallas for Jason Robertson, a 2019 2nd round pick, and your choice of Carrick or Honka. If you're interested we can throw in Nichushkin or Ritchie free of charge

Reactions: winger7020

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I've got a weird feeling that Jensen is going to somehow get a 1st rounder.

While Nyquist only returns a 3rd/4th rounder (and therefore re-signs) and Howard doesn't get any offers. This goes back to the Brendan Smith and Vanek trades and comparing to this years market. Also, Jensen is 10x's the player Smith was.

That feeling is just gas

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I'm hoping for a 2nd round pick...if not then two 3rd round picks, maybe conditional on the second 3rd round pick.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Wrong Jensen dude, That's the one the Rangers acquired from Vancouver. There's two Jensens one is a RW and the other is a D man from Minnesota.

that was my point,
NYR offer the ongoing and future NHL rights for the younger W,
in return for the older RHD
But it was just a limp joke

Reactions: Hronek

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’d rather not move him if we’re only getting a 2nd. I’ll take my chances with re-signing him. We don’t have a lot going on with our defense but Jensen is very solid. He’s worth keeping around imo.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I'd like the Jets to acquire him. Would goalie Eric Comrie be of interest to the Wings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad