Value of: Nick Jensen

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Honestly I debate if we should even trade him at this point. He's not great, but his skating and mobility is ridiculous. His game is exactly what you want in a defenseman in the modern NHL. Ive never liked him much prior to this season but he's elevated his play a lot.

Reactions: Winger98

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Hes a fast, strong PKing, right handed number 4 dman on a lot of teams, at worst a 5 that bumps up if theres injuries. He has great underlying numbers. Hes not a player that will get hyped on here because hes not flashy and was a late pick that slowly developed into a top 4 D. Hes still young that a team could re-sign him and get a lot of years outta him.

These players dont go cheap. I could see a 2+something or even a first if theres a bit of a bidding war. There will be an offer for more than a 3rd lol.
I think he goes for a second and a 3rd or ok prospect when all is said and done

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
As a Leafs fan, yes I do want something for nothing. I want all your picks for future considerations. Dont you?
I want my team to force ever other GM, and all our players to sign for league minimum cause they just love it here so much! That's the point of being a fan, you want everything.

Realistically, Leafs cant trade for another D unless they move out salary that's close to equal in cost so we dont have bonus overages hit next years cap.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I’d holdout till the very end and try and land a second rd pick , he doesn’t seem like much but he’s a right shot d who’s playing 20-24 minutes a game and that will come huge in the playoffs when you go to double o.t, triple o.t and you got a guy who’s capable of playing tons of minutes

Few weeks till deadline day we’ll see what happens

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
As a Leafs fan, yes I do want something for nothing. I want all your picks for future considerations. Dont you?
I want my team to force ever other GM, and all our players to sign for league minimum cause they just love it here so much! That's the point of being a fan, you want everything.

Realistically, Leafs cant trade for another D unless they move out salary that's close to equal in cost so we dont have bonus overages hit next years cap.

They can afford another D, but has to be a rental and cheap like Jensen.

They can trade Holl in the deal if they absolutely have to.

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
Depending on how high teams are setting the price at on players like Gudas as an example, I can see a quality 5/6 right shot D-man like Jensen pulling a non-lottery team's 2nd rounder easily if Detroit wants to move him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
3rd round pick seems about right. 2nd feels like too much for Jensen who's on an expiring deal.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
It's rough that no one on your team is worth offer sheeting.

Yes, its rough that Wings just couldn't suck enough to pick 8th, 4th and 1st overall consecutively.

But hey, we're hopefull that Zadina and our next bunch of 1st rounders become worthy of offersheets if/when they become eligible for one.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Glendening 50% retention and Nick Jensen for 2nd rd pick and Bracco!!

While I'm not against getting those guys, we wouldn't be trading Bracco in it. I see Bracco as the eventual replacement for Nylander as 3RW. We'd prefer to dump Zaitsev with that pick if possible too.

How about

Glendening + Jensen

For

2nd + ?????/Brown + Zaitsev (cap dump)

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
While I'm not against getting those guys, we wouldn't be trading Bracco in it. I see Bracco as the eventual replacement for Nylander as 3RW. We'd prefer to dump Zaitsev with that pick if possible too.

How about

Glendening + Jensen

For

Why would the wings take zaitsev ? For brown ? Get real man no team is taking that atrocious contract for Connor brown , there’s a reason why leafs fans keep trying to trade the guy and you think some gm will be like Connor brown? Done !

Glendening and Jensen for a 2nd and brown or a mid pid makes more sense but I’d personally want nothing to do with Connor brown

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010

How about

Glendening + Jensen

For

We aren’t taking cap dumps. Holland wants a 2nd for Glendening alone.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Honestly I debate if we should even trade him at this point. He's not great, but his skating and mobility is ridiculous. His game is exactly what you want in a defenseman in the modern NHL. Ive never liked him much prior to this season but he's elevated his play a lot.

he is a UFA though so could walk for nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad