Friedman: Nick Jensen connected to Maple Leafs

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
See That's another reason I'd target him because I'm not sure Eberle costs a 1st, I'm also not sure he doesn't.

But you got, Hanifin, Henrique, Guntzle in terms of rentals that might be it, Eberle might get it but he isn't a lock for it in my opinion.

Wennberg? I'd be legitimately shocked if he did.

I think a Eberle and Wennberg combo gets a 1st

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think you are taking the cost of retention or the fact that we have no second rounders into account.

Sure, if we could get Eberle or Wennberg at 75% retained for a 3rd rounder then sign me up.

It's not that I don't like these guys...it's that I don't like the cost. What do you think it might cost if not a first? If you are not paying a premium for retention then what moves are you making to fit one of them in?

This is a Jensen thread, the same questions apply to him.

I think Jensen probably does cost a 1st, at least that's probably the initial ask because Jensen has term.

Jensen isn't the guy I'd want but I could absolutely see him costing a 1st.

Reactions: MileHighCapsFan

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
This is mccabe/lafferty trade all.over again. 1st + 4th/5th pick + b tier prospects for jensen (50%) + dowd.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I hope this is a swap of lily + 1st pick for jensen (50%) retained.

It wont be Lilly, that would be a massive overpay. Jensen wouldnt command him, and I cant think of a realistic add Washington has.

Leafs dumpster diving because there strapped for cash and draft picks.

Jensen is not dumpster diving, he's good.

This is mccabe/lafferty trade all.over again. 1st + 4th/5th pick + b tier prospects for jensen (50%) + dowd.

I would love that!

drede

Jul 13, 2023
It wont be Lilly, that would be a massive overpay. Jensen wouldnt command him, and I cant think of a realistic add Washington has.

Jensen is not dumpster diving, he's good.

I would love that!
Lilly isn't going anywhere

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s a perfect fit. They need another Dman who can relieve pressure, retrieve pucks well, and most importantly, move the puck well. Those are his strengths.

Reactions: Bellzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad