Player Discussion Nick Holden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He made the outlet pass for the Nash goal so he is not a total detriment.

Scratch Staal. Bring in Klein/Clendo.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Problem with Staal is not just his foot speed..it's his decision making speed particularly with the puck on his stick...his foot speed is made up for with his inhuman reach..but he does the same thing with the puck on his stick...look up...find the lane..look down...find the puck...look back up to make sure lane is still there..look down to make sure puck is still there...look up to pass...lane is gone...now I dump it outta the zone....rinse and repeat.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Problem with Staal is not just his foot speed..it's his decision making speed particularly with the puck on his stick...his foot speed is made up for with his inhuman reach..but he does the same thing with the puck on his stick...look up...find the lane..look down...find the puck...look back up to make sure lane is still there..look down to make sure puck is still there...look up to pass...lane is gone...now I dump it outta the zone....rinse and repeat.

I find it amazing that he's in the NHL and he still needs to look down at the puck to control it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I find it amazing that he's in the NHL and he still needs to look down at the puck to control it.

Almost for sure a byproduct of the eye injury.

Everything about his game is slow though. He processes the game slow, he moves even slower, hes an absolute mess out there.

Holden just isn't all that good, but hes playing a pair higher than he should be playing on his off side. If he were playing on the left side on the bottom pair I think people would be more forgiving of him, since that would be correctly placing him in a spot to be successful.

Staal OTOH, is playing a league higher than he should be playing.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
im for sitting holden just like the rest of you guys. unfortunately, Klein can't be healthy. for anyone whos had back issues it can't be easy playing at 50 percent. almost renders you useless.
also food for thought Kampfer and clendo 0 games playoff experience between them. not saying that either of them shouldn't be given chance for game 3 since holden has made 203,999 turnovers in two games just sayin...

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Nick doesn't get much press here but I want to give him a good guy shoutout. During warmups, he shoots pucks at the screens over the goal so they drop to fans who don't normally get a shot at a puck. When he was in PHX last year, he dropped about a dozen in a row. Last week in Carolina I stationed myself and my grandson in the same spot as he occupied in Phoenix and he caught our attention. Two attempts later, my grandson had his cherished puck. Several others did too.

He still scares the daylights out of me at times but Nick's a good guy in my book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad